Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Arcade One Mortal Kombat II At-Home Real Arcade System

These things are by most reports, pretty shitty. Check out the control panel wear on these ones. Apparently if you complain, 1UP will send you out a free piece of plexiglass to put over the control panel to prevent the wear.

There have also been reports of artwork peeling, sticks and buttons breaking quickly and the MDF construction being really slip-shod. We all knew they would be cheap and nasty, but cheap and nasty may be an understatement.

Wow, that's bad! Not sure if the quality will be much better on these. Will be interesting to see. Not interested at $699 though.

ArcadeOne and 1Up are the same company, just different branding in different regions. They are the same cabs as we have in Aldi, just a new model with MK.

ArcadeOne and 1Up are the same company, just different branding in different regions. They are the same cabs as we have in Aldi, just a new model with MK.

Thanks for the clarification. Weird that they're running under two names?

Let's hope the quality has improved in this version but I doubt it. More than likely Aldi won't stock them again due to the poor sales from the last units...

I could be wrong, but im certain that Arcade1up came out and stated hat this ArcadeOne is not at all the same company, and simply a different company looking to jump on the name so to speak. Has nothing to do with regions.

A few videos on youtube go over the facts about it too.

I got a SF2 unit from aldi for $299 and chucked in my existing Raspberry Pi 3 with it, chucked in new joystick and buttons and amp, as per a tutorial on YT from ETA PRIME and now its a great little unit, especially for my kids. Went from 3 games to 7k games in one night lol.

$299-$399 would be the best pricepoint for the machines, much harder sell especially with only 3-4 games at $499 to $599.