Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL 35 - Game 3 ~ Track & Field (closes 6-May)

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's huge!! Do you remember your event times/distances?

I got a 9.99 in the 100m, 9.49 in the Long Jump and the I think the one event that helped the most was 2.38m in the high jump.

These were all PB's...I also got a bonus 1000 points in the 100m.

With all of the other events they were nothing too amazing

Interesting way to play this just the one run through, really puts pressure on to get them all right.

I'm always dipping out at 2.44m in the high jump. this game i got a 11.89 in the hurdles (even though i accidentally jumped through the finishing tape lol) and a 9.49 in the 100m, 95m hammer, at the moment javelin is letting me down 89m max, and long jump I've not made it past 9.30 yet. So all that for 76k, i need to lift my javelin and long jump.

http://fs1.directupload.net/images/180421/zbemwnup.jpg

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Aussie Arcade mobile app

98.90 hammer throw

My boys have got number 1 and 2 positions.

One is pissed that he didn’t bother with his initials at the start.

[ATTACH]128014[/ATTACH]

Gi-normous!

what angles do you try for ?

Gi-normous!

what angles do you try for ?

1. I don't look at the angle at all

2. Watch the yellow line build up and hit it at the sweet spot (top secret)

3. Hold the button until it 'feels right' (not very long)

4. Watch that hammer fly

5. Collect bronze medal for 3rd best in the world

6. Put MC Hammer on the jukebox and celebrate to 'U can't touch this'

Hope that helps.

1. I don't look at the angle at all

2. Watch the yellow line build up and hit it at the sweet spot (top secret)

3. Hold the button until it 'feels right' (not very long)

4. Watch that hammer fly

5. Collect bronze medal for 3rd best in the world

6. Put MC Hammer on the jukebox and celebrate to 'U can't touch this'

Hope that helps.

Interesting method, here i was thinking 43-45 degrees but I get MC Hammer instead :)

8.77 100M Dash

[ATTACH=CONFIG]128022[/ATTACH]

Reading this at DIY Arcade earlier:

"These things would malfunction all the time as people would use things like rulers, coins and god knows what else to hit the buttons that little bit faster. To try and stop the what seemed like a never ending onslaught of broken machines, Konami made a few changes. One was to get rid of the buttons and replace them with a track ball. And the other more common one was that they put the buttons in these protective plastic areas that meant you could only use your fingers to press the buttons, this version of the game is much harder to play and in some arcades people would go as far to try and break away the protective plastic casing!"

I remember know playing on a cab with protected buttons, like a high plastic semi circle round the back. Some players used the 8 finger method or even knuckles (ouch) but not tools so much.

I got a 9.99 in the 100m, 9.49 in the Long Jump and the I think the one event that helped the most was 2.38m in the high jump.

These were all PB's...I also got a bonus 1000 points in the 100m.

With all of the other events they were nothing too amazing

9.99 + 1,000 bonus = 12,030

9.49 Long Jump = 12,980

2.38 High Jump = 12,000

The other 3 events must have been off the charts!

Hec

- - - Updated - - -

Have no idea how you throw the hammer , can’t get the timing right .

Better score to come when I figure it out

k

I do it like this. Just listen to the swoosh and learn the timing. When you get good at it you can do it without looking. Just listen for the 9th spin. I believe on mame you have to do it just before you hear it. lag lag lag.

Hec

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/252530447?t=00h03m22s

I haven’t had a chance to take a go at this game but I am a big fan of it. Back in the arcade I frequented - this was in the back room immediately on the right and close to one of those metal push bar exit doors. Many would go out the exit door, have a smoke and then come back in.

I do remember the comb cheats etc and also remember when the semi-circle button protectors were installed.

This was also pre-fighter games so along with games like Marble Madness which was also out around the same time- one of the great games where you could walk up and challenge someone.

The Xbox actually has a fairly good port of this game.

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

... I also got a bonus 1000 points in the 100 meter.

Wow, that's a bonus that nobody usually goes for or gets accidentally. You have to finish the race with the exact same time as the computer in order to get that thousand Point bonus. Great job!

Thanks for the tips FlyHec!

Now it’s the long jump that’s the problem . Think it’s the lack of speed I need to get over 8,50m. suck at javelin too lol

Ahh well great improvement. I’ll be back [emoji123]

3dfe0eac5da7fda770d23a42a14215bc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, that's a bonus that nobody usually goes for or gets accidentally. You have to finish the race with the exact same time as the computer in order to get that thousand Point bonus. Great job!

Yeah just an accident as always.

There is another way you can get a bonus in javelin and high jump but I can’t say because we can’t give out tips within the 7 days the new game is released. [emoji846]

Yeah just an accident as always.

There is another way you can get a bonus in javelin and high jump but I can’t say because we can’t give out tips within the 7 days the new game is released. [emoji846]

There's no secrets around here. Just watch my Twitch and youtube videos.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/252530447?t=00h01m54s

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/48706966?t=00h00m07s

Hec

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the tips FlyHec!

Now it’s the long jump that’s the problem . Think it’s the lack of speed I need to get over 8,50m. suck at javelin too lol

Shoot for 42* on Long Jump. Also, hit the white board. You get a speed boost. If you're in the 1250 range it could put you around 1300 which will enable 9.72 if you hit right on the board and hit 42*.

For Javelin a 1250+ speed and 80* throw should got out of the tp of the screen and get a 1000 bonus.

Hec

9.99 + 1,000 bonus = 12,030

9.49 Long Jump = 12,980

2.38 High Jump = 12,000

The other 3 events must have been off the charts !

But gadzooks said they were nothing special. But you have an intimate knowledge of this game and going on your score breakdown, there's a balance of 50k scored from those remaining 3 events to hit 86k, so an average of better than 16k per event, for the hammer, hurdles, and javelin, which would be scoring at the pace of top 3 in the world scores, looking at the table OOO listed in the first post ☺ Amazing stuff!