Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Visual Pinball League 1 - Game 1: TAXI [FINISHED]

And to get things started.... the first game for Tournament 1 of the AA Vpin league is.....

TAXI

nominated by FOOT

http://i50.tinypic.com/107luub.jpg

TOURNEY RULES

- 10 tables chosen at random from the table nomination list using the random.org website... games will start on the weekend and go for 2 weeks

- No user-modded tables (ie play the VP forums default downloaded table, at default difficulty setting)

- No buy-ins or continues etc

- High Score must be from game played at time of competition - ie don't just post your already existing high score

- Any version of Visual Pinball may be used ie VP8, VP9, and any version of table

- you can play desktop table, or full screen table suit yourself

- Submit score by screen dump or take a pic and post in this thread. New picture for each new score.

This tourney and rules are a work in progress so things could change when we find stuff out... anyone got any ideas or suggestions at any time please share...

If you haven't nominated a table and want to join in no problems - go to the nominations thread and nominate up to 5 choices and I'll add them in.

Most of all, lets have some fun.....! Who will be crowned the AA Vpin Wizard ? :)

TAXI RULES

http://pinball.org/rules/taxi.html

TAXI PROGRESS SCORES:

1. Dedrok: 30,893,750

2. Ozstick: 15,908,940

3. Stuzza: 8,888,400

4. StevOz: 8,395,610

5. Kane: 7,306,520

6. Foot: 6,155,530

7. Jammasized: 4,851,500

8. Mameshane: 4,435,960

9. MrBungle: 3,502,960

10. Sedboyscotty: 3,045,800

Edited by Jed
updated to post #68

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok how about 8,395,610 on the latest VP9.12 version. ;)

Great score! noticed it's a #1 top on the table ie a PB - you got it today ?

I'll load this up shortly for a bash - have played this table but not really got into it yet, time to learn the ways of the Taxi Driver...

Great score! noticed it's a #1 top on the table ie a PB - you got it today ?

I'll load this up shortly for a bash - have played this table but not really got into it yet, time to learn the ways of the Taxi Driver...

Actually I downloaded it awhile ago, though had forgotten, that said I must of played it at least once before and totally tanked at 600,000 or so. :)

• Super Moderator

At this point I like the choice that we should just let players use whatever version they like. After all were trying to get it off pin mgl off the ground. At some later point we can change so everyone uses the same version

I do understand that there is a big difference in how some games play but remember there it's all about fun

Ok, I might have a crack at all versions .... I still run vp8 on my ancient millenium run rig so I can play that too.

Newest version plays nice, a lot easier than the straight vp9 version. Best be updating the cab next.

Taxi VP91x v2.12

http://vpforums.org/imghost/58/taxi91xv2_t.jpg

Do we want Screenies with initials, or in game over mode as above.

At this point I like the choice that we should just let players use whatever version they like. After all were trying to get it off pin mgl off the ground. At some later point we can change so everyone uses the same version

I do understand that there is a big difference in how some games play but remember there it's all about fun

Would it be OK to use Pinball Arcade as well?

Would it be OK to use Pinball Arcade as well?

I reckon all versions on Vpin no worries, as that makes it more inclusive. But IMO there's one thing I reckon would be good to stick to, and that's keep it to Visual Pinball. I think there's enough versions of that, and table versions, let alone bringing other software into it ? I'm happy to go with majority wishes though, so others have a say on what Dkong has asked and we'll go with majority rules.

I like this table, seems really fun to play. never seen it before in either real life or Vpin so I don't really know WTF I am doing, so i might have to read the table rules :) but anywhere here's a starter:

Playing on my Bitza Frankencab + latest VPin 914, table version 912 V2.12 (what a mouthful) The cab is work in progress since Christmas hols, hope to build the headbox this week if I get the time

EDIT: I do kinda dig the spinout skillshot too :)

taxi-1.jpg.db86504c89a55ce319c75fe1a3a3ba72.jpg

Edited by Jed
carnt spel or tipe for shiz.

Here is my best effort: 5092030

[ATTACH=CONFIG]47595[/ATTACH]

Can't believe the monster scores you other guys are getting! I have no nudge on my cab so not sure if that is a disadvantage on this table. Never really played this table before so don't know the rules yet.

Also why does a table with a "Taxi" theme have a random Santa Clause and Dracula?? :unsure

Here is my best effort: 5092030

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4755[/ATTACH]

Can't believe the monster scores you other guys are getting! I have no nudge on my cab so not sure if that is a disadvantage on this table. Never really played this table before so don't know the rules yet.

Also why does a table with a "Taxi" theme have a random Santa Clause and Dracula?? :unsure

Maybe they are common fancy dress that cabbies pick up ?

Stuzza where you get 2 screen taxi ? I looked on vpforums for a b2s table but no joy.

There was a table converted and in a torrent on Hyperpin, or do you mean the BG.

I have the one with the straightened fare meter for UVP. No B2s yet.

Correction, there is a B2S taxi version in the B2S Back glass server thread for download. I found it in my downloads.

Visual Pinball League 1 - Game 1: TAXI

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360581234.760702.thumb.jpg.53286c9f7d6a59f55744db71aaf8c646.jpg

What a great idea for a comp. I had ago at it tonight but the bar fridge broke down and beer is warm. I cannot play to my best without a cold beer at night.

My score was a poor - 1,358,610. I hope to have a better go at it tomorrow with a new bar fridge (or at least the current one fixed)

Maybe they are common fancy dress that cabbies pick up ?

Stuzza where you get 2 screen taxi ? I looked on vpforums for a b2s table but no joy.

That is just a static image for the backglass when run from hyperpin. I haven't updated to the B2S version yet as I am waiting for the new B2S designer to be finished. It is still work in progress and I'm awaiting the final release before I add it to my cab.

What are the rules for this competition? Can we play a table as many times as we like and post the highest score or is it limited to a number of plays??