Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL 33 - Game 3 ~ Bomb Jack (closes 10-Sep)

OOO

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great to have you pop :031: back in and post a score ... :023:

I have noticed your great work with skids to run the VPGL, so well done there too!

I had a small gaming session to see how the wrist/thumb went. It was the first time I've been able to play relatively pain free in months, fortunately how I position my hands for pinball doesn't seem to hurt.

My scores in this MGL aren't good... but it's good to get a game in.

Tip time (because no one else has done it)

For those that want tips, or who maybe aren't enjoying it because they can't seem to work it out, I'll try and post a quick video of a few levels tomorrow showing maybe the first 5 patterns done perfect.

There is a fair bit to this game, and with a current score of under 1 mil, I'm hardly an expert, but hopefully I can pass on enough tomorrow to ensure everyone is getting at least 200k and making it through say the first 5 patterns.

Before I do the videos, do watch the attract mode at what 'Jack' does when collecting bombs. You want to collect the lit ones in order, and for the most part they follow a similar pattern of grouped bombs will be lit one after the other meaning you can glide across them or fall down in a straight line.

Collect all the bombs in order and you'll get 50,000 bonus at the end of the stage. Clearing pattern 1 without much leeching or collecting of bonus coins, you'll get probably 60,000 total for just one level. Again, I'm by no means a great player, but I pretty much average 70k-85k on the first pattern.

Also notice when the P powerball comes out, it changes colours. You get different points depending on what colour it is, it changes colour when ever you hit a surface or jump - ideally you want it to be grey.

The B bonus coins increase your multiplier from standard 1x up to 2x, 3x, 4x and maxing at 5x on a level. If you get a lit bomb it's worth 200 for the first one, if your multiplier is at 5 then it's worth 1000! Same for everything else in the game, jumping normally gets you 10 points. At 5x you're getting 50 points for just jumping. The B coin comes out when your score is a multiple of 5,000. So at 5,000 your first bonus coin will appear to take you up to the 2x mutliplier.

This multiplier doesn't reset at the start of a new stage, so if you finish stage one and your score is 39,980 - the first bomb you grab on stage 2 will spit out a new B coin.

Every 11th time you reach a multiple of 5,000 - the B coin will be replaced with the E coin which is your extra life. One thing to note about this though, when you get a P powerball, you can literally score over 5,000 or even 10,000 points by killing enemies dependent on the stage - you won't get more than one bonus coin at a time, you need to collect the one of the screen before another will appear.

Anyway, hope that helps for now, will try to have a game tomorrow, upload to youtube and I'll post it here when done.

240.350 - With hard settings, i think better is to clean the level after a few levels but it wasn't in this game ^^

bombjack-240350.png.652a13e23251cd3668a639e56ca8e3bc.png

- - - Updated - - -

374.640 - Better but with no luck... I had 2 specials in this game which stole my 50k bonus :-(

bombjack-374640.png.aa843977e56f9224228b5de2eed42dc7.png

[ATTACH=CONFIG]115551[/ATTACH]

Missed an extra, but overall didn't stuff up too much. Perfect on level 19, and perfect on level 20 first attempt - though I do remember doing pattern 20 from BITD when the machines would have been on easy settings.

Nice!

Thanks for giving me something to shoot for :lol

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

Nice!

Thanks for giving me something to shoot for :lol

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

:lol Thought you'd like that.

Scoring is rather slow in this game when you don't get the perfects, really need to work out the safest way to do some of the patterns I completely ignore perfects on.

I've made a video of this complete game with some basic commentary to hopefully help a few of the guys/gals out in here. It's uploading to YouTube now, will link it in here when it's done in 15 or so.

- - - Updated - - -

Hope this basic tutorial helps: