Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Batman 66 - the next Stern

chopchop

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11b9ba2d5ae43714d6e86980768acf4b.jpg

Will soon be playing the new code

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow. First time I've seen inside the back box of the new Sterns. Where are all the boards and cables?? Looks like everything has been scaled down / simplified...

Yeah it's been like that for about 2 years. That have things now called node boards. Under the PF. They are chain linked I think via Ethernet cable. Each controls a set of lights and coils/mech in an area of a pinball.

Always worries me when I see things becoming smaller when there is no apparent reason for it.

Usually indicates replacement as a unit rather than repair or as I know it, module replacement rather than component replacement.

Module replacement usually means the manufacture keeps somewhere between 2-5% of sold products as dedicated spare parts and warranty claims.

Works most times when you supply the world with 1000s of that product like LCD TVs but just like an LCD TV, try getting those parts in several years time.

I hope these modules are component level repairable and I am mistaken.

Seems to be a good way to make quick money if they aren't, a bit like putting current PCs in pinballs that you know there will be no substitute in a very short time.

A bit like trying to find a replacement mother board for that 6 year old PC sitting in the corner.

Wow. First time I've seen inside the back box of the new Sterns. Where are all the boards and cables?? Looks like everything has been scaled down / simplified...

just noticed but that's not your bed in the background? If so, I love pinball, but dunno if wifey would let me get away with that. Well done in that case.

my bad I now see the jukebox, old age is a bugger for one's eye sight

Ok just had a few games and have noticed the following minor changes:

A couple of new video's throughout, i.e. Bat Mystery Computer, bat mobile comes across the screen for scores;

A couple of new callouts;

Noticed an add a ball feature;

Bat gadget selector blinks with the villain you are playing at certain times throughout;

I'm sure there's a few more, but these stood out.

Yeah mystery shot gave me an add a ball. @nmercury I now have my initials up at number 3.

Multi ball has more graphics and callouts now.

Haven't noticed anything with the minor villains yet.

Lighting is more visual and the mode you're are in now has the villain insert light blinking.

All in all it's coming up good.

Batman 66 - the next Stern

Ok just had a few games and have noticed the following minor changes:

A couple of new video's throughout, i.e. Bat Mystery Computer, bat mobile comes across the screen for scores;

A couple of new callouts;

Noticed an add a ball feature;

I'm sure there's a few more, but these stood out.

Yep, Mystery Shot is now coded and actually awards things. The footage/animation is the Bat Computer which is very well done.

Lots more general sound effects for target hits etc.

Super skill shot can now start a villain and the shots are colored so you can see which to start.

When you're about to start a villain, before hitting the phone, the colored villain inserts are now lit to show you which villain you're about to start.

Subsequent villains are now harder and require more shots/hits, so less likely to re-start a villain you've already jailed whilst trying to get them all.

Ball lock for multiball now releases all 3 balls every time.

A few more speech clips and call outs.

Overall nice bit of polish. Nothing major, but definitely a sign of things to come.

I'd guess 3+ months Atleast of they are still pumping out updates every couple of weeks.

Didn't you see the Jack danger video?

I feel like stern was trying to hide how incomplete the code was since October (fair enough from a sales perspective) but they did show 2 hours of gameplay 3 weeks before the Aussie pins where delivered.

Which game was awesome right out of the box, I can count em on my hand. Stern are slow with updates - with Lyman on the code and promised updates we can only hope that it's gonna be great game.

The latest update is cool with some nice updates included, one eye ball is on the screen and the other is on the PF so that I can capture whats going on.

Not many PF toys so these codes updates better be good.

- Con

Quite different to a SAM system.

I'm not a fan of the circuit boards on the mech side and those Comms plugs pointing down towards gravity.

Just add a shaker to help the plugs loose.

Well this is the new way manufacturers are going forward

Time will tell I guess.

Thanks for the view Budge:)

Quite different to a SAM system.

I'm not a fan of the circuit boards on the mech side and those Comms plugs pointing down towards gravity.

Just add a shaker to help the plugs loose.

Well this is the new way manufacturers are going forward

Time will tell I guess.

Thanks for the view Budge:)

Shaker motor in my BIBLE is always shaking loose connectors anytime a feature stops working my first point of call is to check the connector is fully pushed in. Will be the same on this game I suppose.

Which game was awesome right out of the box, I can count em on my hand. Stern are slow with updates - with Lyman on the code and promised updates we can only hope that it's gonna be great game.

The latest update is cool with some nice updates included, one eye ball is on the screen and the other is on the PF so that I can capture whats going on.

Not many PF toys so these codes updates better be good.

- Con

It's not that most games are awesome out of the box. This is about this game being terrible out of the box.

I know all the people that have them will be saying give it time. Good luck to you. I've just spoken to Bruce and asked for a refund. Which he is giving me thank god

I hope it eventually comes good...