Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Newcastle pinball tournament March 13th confirmed

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@collin_m & G - we're confirmed for the 13th - just figured out how to adjust the title of a thread since I am new on here. Looking forward to seeing you then!

I need to be in MEL on the 15th, so if there's a NEWY comp organized on the 13th I can catch a cheap AM flight out on the 14th.

Please don't organize around me though.

Cheers,

G

Hey all I will be flying to Sydney after Pincade in NZ on Monday afternoon/evening and exploring a bit of Sydney and most likely visiting my friend in Newcastle as well.

Are there any spots that might be open to hosting a tournament around then (weekday night I guess)? I looked on IFPA and didn't see anything in either city on those days and would be happy to run a tourney too as I run a lot here in the US.

Let me know if there's anyone good to talk to about that and/or venues or such and/or if there would even be enough interest for folks out there.

I could run a Critical Hit tourney even (although those take a bit longer) since those are really fun as well...

Thanks!

gene

UPDATE 2/13/18

So far here's who we've got attending - will update as we go:

Edy (Dedrok)

Gene (genex)

Zoe

Tez (Swedish Taxi)

Dave (Divmon)

Pat (Nichpat) @Fair Dinkum Dan @collin_m @vrxpandy

See.

This is why I don’t hold Newy comps anymore. Lack of interest.

Last time I started up the selfie league, after being asked to do it,

No one showed.

Still. I’m sorta looking forward to it.

Will try and drum up a couple more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See.

This is why I don’t hold Newy comps anymore. Lack of interest.

Will try and drum up a couple more.

I think Brett and Naioimi would come. And Johnbryce said he was interested earlier in this thread. My friend Chris Z is interested in coming too.

And I guess being midweek it is a bit harder for people travelling a long way.

Newcastle pinball tournament March 13th confirmed

Edy (Dedrok)

Gene (genex)

Zoe

Tez (Swedish Taxi)

Dave (Divmon)

Pat (Nichpat)

Fair Dinkum Dan

collin_m

G

Vrxpandy

Macca101010

Kayakingoz

Gomeroz

Wildcard

John

I’d be keen to try and make it up. Mid week is a bit weird, but might work if the stars align. Big issue is traffic from Sydney. What time u thinking of starting?

I think gene has it at 7 start - 10.

Not set in stone though.

Yep I think 7pm isi good to start? I am not sure if that's too early for folks there - haven't been to Australia (is it like Spain where nothing starts until like 10pm on a weeknight? :)

But yeah if 7 sounds good to folks I think that's a good one and gives people time to get there etc.?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all so format will be Group Match Play Critical Hit. I will explain it in more details but basically everyone will start out with some Critical Hit cards and then we will be grouped into groups of 3-4 and play matches. The cards offer "powers" that can be used before, during and after each round. We may offer bounties each round too for people to earn more cards, especially if there's a big variance in skills :) Here's the cards:

2017allCards.thumb.jpg.0496cb23db7c68396db96940636e86b6.jpg

Hey all so format will be Group Match Play Critical Hit. I will explain it in more details but basically everyone will start out with some Critical Hit cards and then we will be grouped into groups of 3-4 and play matches. The cards offer "powers" that can be used before, during and after each round. We may offer bounties each round too for people to earn more cards, especially if there's a big variance in skills :) Here's the cards:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]125016[/ATTACH]

Critical hits comps are great fun