Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGLXXXVII - Game 6 ~ Time Tunnel (closes 28-Oct)

The Very Strange …

MGLXXXVII – Game 6 ~ Time Tunnel

OOO Preamble:

Has anyone noticed anything about Taito games? Did you enjoy trying to beat the default high score on Rastan? That was a Taito game. How are you finding Zoo Keeper? That’s a Taito game too, easy isn’t it, no? Well if you haven’t torn all of your hair out yet, especially including the low scoring of Kangaroo from Atari, then the addition of this game will make you as bald as a baby’s posterior. Taito likes really short games, collecting your money and frustrating the bejesus out of gamers. Welcome to Taito's Time Tunnel. I pre-tested the game for the MGL and this one for me is the most bizarre game of all. Sure Q*bert was orange with a monster schnoz to jump on a 3D psychedelic board, but this game is something else. It’s incredibly bizarre, creepy and frustrating. Just try and complete the Taito threesome without a single cursing remark. I won’t say anymore, discover for yourself, and enjoy ... :stirthepot:

Nominated by gamer: Ivanstorm1973

ROM WolfMAME 0.106: TimeTunl

WZcb33L.png

Game Story:

A train travels through time and space by entering different tunnels. Avoid various objects while picking up and delivering passengers to different stations before your fuel runs out.

Score Submissions:

Please make a new post for each score you post, with your score as the first line of your post, along with a screen shot showing your score and initials. This game finishes Sunday 28 October 2018, 7pm Sydney time.

Please make sure your settings are as above. These are the default settings of the game. No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game. No pausing. No cheats allowed.

Games can be played at the arcade. You must ensure the arcade operator has the game at the MGL game settings for the submission to be valid.

GAME 6 … The Bizarre Rail Network …

Never played before in the 12 year history of the MGL …

IAq9kNy.jpg

:)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... Well if you haven’t torn all of your hair out yet, especially including the low scoring of Kangaroo from Atari, then the addition of this game will make you as bald as a baby’s posterior.

Ut oh.. I better quit now while I'm a head (no pun intended). Otherwise this could be potentially disastrous for me. You see, the last time I counted, I only had 22 remaining hairs left on top. Not sure what to do Paul. :shrug: :hairpull: :lol

413889009_SMK_timetunl_57080_wolf106.png.1fd13b5eea18372a314f213f198fabd4.png

Would you believe this game's already grown on me?! I made it to the 4th stage (i.e. first stage on the second loop). Oh and here's the kicker. I still have all 22 hairs left. :041:

I kind of like it too, but what on earth were they thinking :rolleyes

[ATTACH=CONFIG]137059[/ATTACH]

Good question. I am heading off to Japan soon. I'll drop into a Taito Station and ask them.

:045:

- - - Updated - - -

[ATTACH=CONFIG]137048[/ATTACH]

Would you believe this game's already grown on me?! I made it to the 4th stage (i.e. first stage on the second loop). Oh and here's the kicker. I still have all 22 hairs left. :041:

Give the game some time, then watch your hair ... :hairpull:

64,390 - played this game before, but never been very good at it

It's not an easy game. Taito strikes again. At least you heard of this game before, I don't seem to remember this game at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Game Day 2 of 17 ...

The early trains ...

HdNtztZ.png

:)

You can't go backward through the tunnel

[ATTACH=CONFIG]137142[/ATTACH]

They have thought of everything in this game. Backwards into the tunnel is not allowed where those who tried it most likely would have lost a train and then cursed. And if you travel backwards you get no points! WT!!

Funny typing this I meant to type if you travel backwards you get no points! A bit of miss keying and word suggestion it came out if you travel backwards you get no power bra! LOL. Thank god it’s the weekend.

84,650 - got to stage 2-2 then that walking thing just wouldn't get out of the way

Yes the "walking thing" can turn up anywhere in scene 2 and pester you when you are trying to pickup the passengers. How about the other train often gunning for your train at the start. Yes fun and games in this one.

:035:

92,400 - got to stage 2-3 and ran out of fuel

Running out of fuel is a common issue in this game. Whether it's the aliens delaying you to the tunnel or a pickup, the evil other train causes delays, or you plain just make the mistake yourself, there are just so many ways to lose your train! :realmad: