Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

What retro stuff did you add to your stash this week?

Have you played the Engine yet? If so how?

Are you referring to the Japanese RF output? If so, you can use a VCR as they're more likely to support the NTSC-J RF signal, I do this with Famicoms.

The Famicom and PCEngine RF works fine on my TV, just plug it in same as the Aussie consoles. And for power I just use some of my Sega bricks, same voltage and plugs but I can't remember which goes to which, can look that up on these forums too.

Several friends who've been in the last 12 months have pretty much confirmed that there's no such thing as "cheap prices" for most of that anymore. Might get lucky though!

Akihabara Super Potato didn't have anything worth buying when I was there, but the one in Ikebukuro was great, I had to pile up all the stuff I wanted to buy on their counter because I couldn't carry it all.

As i live in an apartment I don't have room for lots of software. So when i do collect its for a specific genre or game title

I'm currently in Japan and wanted to find a copy of every NTSC-J version of Outrun released

http://hlouey.zenfolio.com/img/s/v-3/p2694483432-5.jpg

Have gotten close with versions from Dreamcast, PS2, PC Engine, Sega Mark III, Sega Saturn, Nintendo 3DS, PS2 and GameGear. I am missing the MSX 1 and MSX 2 and have been to every freakin store you can think off :(

Anyway besides the outruns, I also picked up a PC Engine, CDROM 2 and Caddy for about $280. Works a treat. I have never seen a CDROM 2 for sale anywhere and as it came in a bundle only decided just to buy it as i also ready have a PC-Engine and Caddy at home.

Been a fun week shopping :)

p2694483432-5.thumb.jpg.08bca1da9b7f72b87b9eed4360692a25.jpg

$10 the lot from a garage sale today. Apparently I was 20min too late for a bunch of Sega stuff. It’s getting harder and harder to find stuff but persistence pays.

The Colecovision isn’t working [emoji20]. The power supply is and i hard soldered the switch but google tells me it could be faulty ram. Oh well it can become a shelf queen.

d8c9bb53f9095823aae12c7c3e490990.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

$10 the lot from a garage sale today. Apparently I was 20min too late for a bunch of Sega stuff. It’s getting harder and harder to find stuff but persistence pays.

The Colecovision isn’t working [emoji20]. The power supply is and i hard soldered the switch but google tells me it could be faulty ram. Oh well it can become a shelf queen.

The good news is that the RAM isn't incredibly difficult or expensive to pick up. Check out Console5's writeup on how to replace it here: https://console5.com/wiki/Colecovision_5V_RAM_Modification#Step_4:_Desolder_the_original_RAM_chips

Save that Coleco!

The good news is that the RAM isn't incredibly difficult or expensive to pick up. Check out Console5's writeup on how to replace it here: https://console5.com/wiki/Colecovision_5V_RAM_Modification#Step_4:_Desolder_the_original_RAM_chips

Save that Coleco!

LOL. OK just for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yay for local pickups. Missing a few of these XBox games, and spare SNES are always handy ;)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]122281[/ATTACH]

- - - Updated - - -

Also did a spot of eWaste dumpster diving yesteday. All the goodies!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]122282[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]122283[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]122284[/ATTACH]

That Gigabyte board was a beast in the day, still got mine ;)

Funny, but one of the more popular systems we had at PAX last year was an Atari 2600 hooked up to an old TV like that. Got far more love than the other 2600 sitting right next to it!

We might try and get to pax this year [emoji23]

Had to get one of these....

7ab41b9e1481be5a70886915642b4db1.jpg

I also got this for $30 gumtree

ddaf9350d0fa89f7bccf9ee77094cc3e.jpg

Scrappy I know but I don’t want to spend too much on what a label looks like...I just want the game....and how did I get this for $30 you may ask...well let’s just say the bloke that sold it to me ....

1. Told me it was his girlfriends where the girlfriend was upstairs in a hotel room and staying there “for the night” while he lived in another suburb and they just got back together

2. Picked up from a dodgy location

and

3. I think I was supporting his drug addiction considering the gf came down, handed me the game, I went to give the cash to the girl but the bloke snatched it out of my hand and said “see ya” and quickly walked out of the building across to a nearby shopping centre.

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

Had to get one of these....

7ab41b9e1481be5a70886915642b4db1.jpg

I also got this for $30 gumtree

ddaf9350d0fa89f7bccf9ee77094cc3e.jpg

Scrappy I know but I don’t want to spend too much on what a label looks like...I just want the game....and how did I get this for $30 you may ask...well let’s just say the bloke that sold it to me ....

1. Told me it was his girlfriends where the girlfriend was upstairs in a hotel room and staying there “for the night” while he lived in another suburb and they just got back together

2. Picked up from a dodgy location

and

3. I think I was supporting his drug addiction considering the gf came down, handed me the game, I went to give the cash to the girl but the bloke snatched it out of my hand and said “see ya” and quickly walked out of the building across to a nearby shopping centre.

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

Sounds almost like Caboolture...

Nice Mark III. Which store was that from?

One of the ojamakan outlets. Got it for 15000 Yen. As a comparison Superpotato had one in with only one joypad and no knob for 32000

I picked up the FM sound unit and paddle controller as well (not pictured) for an extra 7000 Yen

One of the ojamakan outlets. Got it for 15000 Yen. As a comparison Superpotato had one in with only one joypad and no knob for 32000

I picked up the FM sound unit and paddle controller as well (not pictured) for an extra 7000 Yen

Thanks for that! I am planning my 3rd Japan trip for later this year. As much as I would like to spend the whole time scouring the countryside for bargains there is so much awesome stuff to see and do in Japan. I will see if I can hit up one or 2 of those stores though. I had never heard of this store before, so thanks!