Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

*** WORLD VIDEO GAMING CHALLENGE - TWIN GALAXIES - submit your scores ***

OOO

I just seen your submission at TG. That score is pretty damn close to your higher score. Nice work Barra!

john

Thanks John!

However, in the world of "Stocker" 10points is seen as gold, and so the 80+ points it is away is actually a LOT more than it would seem

:)

I just seen your submission at TG. That score is pretty damn close to your higher score. Nice work Barra!

john

- - - Updated - - -

Hey John. You must be getting pretty frustrated by now. I know I would be!

john

It's a file size issue I believe, and Jace says they are working on it. Frustrated will be me if I get rejected due to video quality when I finally get it submitted :lol It's no biggy though, I really need an excuse to start playing and streaming again though. Due to a hard drive crash, I think I lost my little score tracking program that I use while playing, so I'll have to rewrite that for the 3rd time first.

- - - Updated - - -

@Barra - how did you make your video file from your Stocker game? I imagine there is any number of ways of doing it, I've never bothered previously but now it's going to be just standard to include a video I probably should do it.

@John73 how does your video quality compare with Steve Wagner's 156,550 Elevator Action video?

I used OBS to record it. I just played back the INP through 0.106 and made a local recording of it (the "Start recording" button, instead of "Start streaming")

Easy peasy

:)

I keep meaning to download OBS and give it a try, XSplit just doesn't cut it with my upload speed.

My recording I'd say is probably anywhere from 10% to maybe 30% worse than Steve's video. As the day went on, I was playing inside with a door open to keep cool, but blinds drawn to keep out the light - and with wind, the light in the room kept changing and parts of the video are rather hard to watch. All in all, it is still possible to see every time I completed a perfect 50k pattern - so that alone should hopefully be enough to verify the score. I think I filmed inside the cabinet better than he did though, so that part shouldn't be an issue. Time will tell. I still want to be the first to get 10 million on this, and since Charlie Wehner doesn't seem to be playing these days, it only leaves me as the active player. Be interesting to see if they'd let Rob submit a score using the Burnin' Rubber PCB he purchased - I'd have no issue accepting that board.

Video finished uploading about 30 mins ago. YT vid available here when it has finished processing in about 1 minute it says :

Just checked my desktop PC where I was uploading it to YT - and it's still at 0% processed :headbuttwall: Maybe when I wake up it will be finished :rolleyes

Just be aware it might take a while for votes/discussion to stream in because of the length. I know its legit but would still like to give it a watch :)

Its about damn time you had your name as #1 !!!! Been way too long

Edited by Barra

Can one of you fellas be kind and give a brief summary on how the new score submission process works now? Do the public now verify?

Yep, it's community voting. You obviously must be registered/verified member of TG to do so.

- - - Updated - - -

Just be aware it might take a while for votes/discussion to stream in because of the length. I know its legit but would still like to give it a watch :)

Its about damn time you had your name as #1 !!!! Been way too long

Cheers. It's been a long time waiting, I think the pre-Knuckles TG went down when I had just beaten Charlies WR score what seems like years ago now, but I since increased my score to what was submitted yesterday.

I might get out the camcorder and have a bit of a play and see if I can get the recording quality perfected before I make another serious attempt at beating this or going for 10 million.

Be interesting to see if they'd let Rob submit a score using the Burnin' Rubber PCB he purchased - I'd have no issue accepting that board.

Highly unlikely that they'd accept a score using a Burnin' Rubber board. They can be pedantic when they want to be. You see what they're like with DK. Some over there think all games should be subject to the same BS. "The 2nd mounting screw from the right holding the marquee in isn't a phillips head screw so the machine isn't 100% original. DQ for cheating with a lifetime ban!!!!!" Interesting to see how they handle any DK submission from Allen Staal. Even if his actual machine and board comply 100% I can see people crying foul over whatever converts the power from 240v to 110v.

All I ever saw here were either Burnin' Rubber or Car Action. The only Bump n Jump I've played from memory is the one at Funspot. Should've had a go on the one at Pinball Wizard Arcade but didn't. I see no difference in gameplay.

Highly unlikely that they'd accept a score using a Burnin' Rubber board. They can be pedantic when they want to be. You see what they're like with DK. Some over there think all games should be subject to the same BS. "The 2nd mounting screw from the right holding the marquee in isn't a phillips head screw so the machine isn't 100% original. DQ for cheating with a lifetime ban!!!!!" Interesting to see how they handle any DK submission from Allen Staal. Even if his actual machine and board comply 100% I can see people crying foul over whatever converts the power from 240v to 110v.

All I ever saw here were either Burnin' Rubber or Car Action. The only Bump n Jump I've played from memory is the one at Funspot. Should've had a go on the one at Pinball Wizard Arcade but didn't. I see no difference in gameplay.

The seem to be relaxing, a little too much in some areas - not showing the console for console scores etc. So if they are going to relax that, they can relax which board is used as long as so called experts see no difference in the game play. This is probably the only game I'd consider myself an expert in, and you can take it to the bank when I say there is no game play difference between BnJ, Burnin' Rubber or Car Action. In fact Burnin' Rubber is the original, BnJ is the clone. I'm like you, I'm not sure if I ever played a BnJ BITD, I think most boards in Australia would have been Burnin' Rubber.

I don't even know if Allen will submit his kill screen score, he hasn't yet and I didn't watch the full recording when he streamed to see if he did the inside filming of it. DKF has accepted his killscreen, and that now is all that really matters for this title. Just on the DK over the top stuff, I did watch some of Mark Kiehl's 1.137m game, his filming on the inside of the machine would not have passed the old stringent TG rules from say 5 years ago, so it is a sign things have been relaxed.

The seem to be relaxing, a little too much in some areas - not showing the console for console scores etc. So if they are going to relax that, they can relax which board is used as long as so called experts see no difference in the game play. This is probably the only game I'd consider myself an expert in, and you can take it to the bank when I say there is no game play difference between BnJ, Burnin' Rubber or Car Action. In fact Burnin' Rubber is the original, BnJ is the clone. I'm like you, I'm not sure if I ever played a BnJ BITD, I think most boards in Australia would have been Burnin' Rubber.

I don't even know if Allen will submit his kill screen score, he hasn't yet and I didn't watch the full recording when he streamed to see if he did the inside filming of it. DKF has accepted his killscreen, and that now is all that really matters for this title. Just on the DK over the top stuff, I did watch some of Mark Kiehl's 1.137m game, his filming on the inside of the machine would not have passed the old stringent TG rules from say 5 years ago, so it is a sign things have been relaxed.

I should open up my DK machine and see if it is all "legit" according to TG Rules. I am fairly sure it is but you never know. I wonder if they would accept DK Jnr. I have the original board for that as well which works in my DK cab....

Hey question on TG. I had to create a new login, will that be linked up to my previous score submissions? or are they not linked to the forum accounts?

I should open up my DK machine and see if it is all "legit" according to TG Rules. I am fairly sure it is but you never know. I wonder if they would accept DK Jnr. I have the original board for that as well which works in my DK cab....

Hey question on TG. I had to create a new login, will that be linked up to my previous score submissions? or are they not linked to the forum accounts?

I think there is some option to link your account to your name in the database. I'd email TG if you are unable to do it as I think it's required for when you submit a score, not to mention linking you to your existing scores.

Pretty sure a DK Jr board is okay in a DK machine. AFAIK they don't even require the "original" cabinet any more, just having the board is sufficient, none of this original joystick etc. either. Best thing to do if you are going to submit any DK score would be to join DKF and check with those guys.

Another additional note regarding relaxing of rules, Steven Kleisath submitted a new Mario Bros WR score, he put 3 credits in at the start - this was a massive no no when I first looked at TG a few years ago. And unless I'm missing something, I have no idea why he would even bother. How hard is it to put another coin in if your first game is bust?

I do like the new user review system, but it's almost like all the old rules have been thrown out the window - do whatever the hell you want. Not a very good precedence to set in my opinion, but oh well.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys. Considering the first time I beat the WR was Dec 2012 it has been a long wait. I'm hoping Charlie will now take another shot at this game, but I doubt it as he seems to play a variety of things and not sure how hungry he is to get the record back.

Not sure what is next, need to get other life issues sorted before buying more boards. Doesn't help that two of my favourite games (Bomb Jack & Gyruss) have ridiculous high scores that I could never have the time to compete with.

Should be some verified records from @Barra appearing soon. Hope some more AA'ers can find time to start taking down some records.

Awesome to see your record verified John!! Long time coming thats for sure

Any idea if Charlie is playing, or even active on TG?

I'll have to play a bit on 0.106 before having any records. Decided I'll go for the galaga record again, may take me a while so should be streaming a bit

Only time I've corresponded with Charlie was on CAGDC and that was a long time ago. I think he has the same user name on TG which is InsertCoin25.

Looking forward to seeing you stream some Galaga again, much more popular game than BnJ, should bring out some competition if you take down the WR.

Thanks for the support

I know Steve Wagner has recently expressed interest in some of the arcade scores. He's a better Galaga player than I am, but he says it does not play well on MAME.

Exciting times ahead!

Are you going to go for 10m in BnJ any time soon?

Not sure. Need to get my machine setup in a better location to try for 10 million. Too hot in the garage to sit there for 6 hours. Probably need to get setup with drinks and a piss bucket handy too, though taking a leak during the 15 odd seconds between patterns will mean not being able to aim. Lol