Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

VPL12 - Nomination thread

Here's the nomination thread for VPL12, a friendly casual comp for playing virtual pinball in the PC app Visual Pinball. noms will be open 2-3 weeks and I'll look to post the first game Friday March 22.

Send nominations to me by PM (don't post them in this thread) so the actual games to be played will only be known by me.

VPL12 will be a total of 8 games with a mix of: 2x DMD, 3x SS, 3x EM. to keep the DMD fans happier than having none ;)

Will follow the same tried and tested format of each game running for roughly 2 weeks with overlap, a single game to start with for the first week, and the 2nd game introduced a week later.

everyone can nominate up to 6 games that are available to play in VP10.

Scoring will be

1: 100

2: 99

3: 98

and so on. There will be a bonus objective for extra tournament points - Best ball 1 score on every game, verified same method (screenshot, phone pic etc) cause I know there's some ball 1 heroes amongst us :D

Comp is for Visual Pinball 10 only!

@kane @skids @Dedrok @JustAnotherRat @Bishop83 @Wob @BandontheRun @acejas @Capp @MrBungle

any questions about the comp or help needed setting up visual pinball, post here and we'll try to get you going before the comp starts.

Clint - if you could help out with your score table as you have done previously, that would be awesome!

all are welcome, come on down and bash the virtual silver ball around with us :)

Edited by Jed

I’m no where near able to play lately.

Thanks though [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

all good, mentioned you just in case... you'll be back one day I hope....

Are previous tables excluded?

good point, yes i think we should exclude games from the last 3 VPL's. I'll put up a list later.

Have you guys seen the new TAF and Pinbot ?! awesome....

- - - Updated - - -

Here's the games played in the last 3 VPL's, you can't nominate these again:

Abra Ca Dabra

Alien Star

Big Game

CFTBL

Congo

Cyclone

Demolition Man

Diner

Dracula

Fathom

Fire

Ghostbusters

Indiana Jones

Indy 500

Medieval Madness

Metallica

Monsterbash

No Good Gofers

Scared Stiff

Sopranos

Southpark

STTNG

T2

Tron Legacy

WCS94

Whodunnit

Wizard

downloaded pinbot straight away good table

Sent from my SM-G950F using Aussie Arcade mobile app

It's a great version of Pinbot. helps to ease the pain of having to offload my pinbot when we moved interstate last year. First vp game I ever contributed to, supplied measurements from Playfield sections to the author, Bord.

The outlanes are much friendlier in the virtual version too which is nice [emoji4] the real game can be brutal.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Aussie Arcade mobile app

downloaded pinbot straight away good table

Are you trying to sway the voting? You shouldn't do that but I hear the new Addams table is really nice.... wait what am I doing, I'm not really a fan of its gameplay.

- - - Updated - - -

Clint - if you could help out with your score table as you have done previously, that would be awesome!

No problem.

@Jed u had a pinbot and got rid of it [emoji848] it's on my wish list to own one lucky there is 1 at my local arcade so I do get to play it was at a hotel we use to stay at when we were kids and first pinball i ever played so it hits the nostalgia spot for me

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

@Jed u had a pinbot and got rid of it [emoji848] it's on my wish list to own one lucky there is 1 at my local arcade so I do get to play it was at a hotel we use to stay at when we were kids and first pinball i ever played so it hits the nostalgia spot for me

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Yeah, i didn't really want to sell the pinbot, it's an iconic game but with moving house to a slightly smaller mancave space, i had to thin out the herd. Also sold my 1977 Cinematronics Space Wars, a cab that nearly crushed me when i tried to move it. It is a huge, heavy beast! (and it never worked properly)

Only one set of nominations in so far, skids has made some interesting choices :)

Hey Jed any chance to get nominated games before the start...I have no idea whats what but I know theres a great spreadsheet out there...Ill look at that and nominate :)

cheers

i'm not sure about the link for the spreadsheet, but here's vpx tables sorted by # of downloads, might help ?

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/categories/vpx-tables/?view=list&sort=downloads

hmm so I started a upgrade today on my mini pin moving towards a 3 screen setup 24 inch wide playfield 15 inch square for dmd and pinup and 19 inch wide for backglass I have started pulling it all apart the rembered the tournament starts this weekend now hopefully I can succeed in the upgrade before the weekend haha love the pinup pack for tron it just blew me away this is y I must do this

48 nominations in with Wob's, JAR is on holidays :)

@acejas did you want to nominate anything, 1 day left.

Update - 53 nominations now with acejas.

Thanks everyone for nominating, great pool of games we have now.

Edited by Jed