Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Visual Pinball League 1 - Game 3: THE ADDAMS FAMILY [FINISHED]

@Mameshane channels his Inner Thing with his Nomination,

THE ADDAMS FAMILY

http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g475/jammasized/addamsfamily-1.jpg

More info on The Addams Family HERE

TOURNEY RULES

- 10 tables chosen at random from the table nomination list using the random.org website... games will start on the weekend and go for 2 weeks

- No user-modded tables (ie play the VP forums default downloaded table, at default difficulty setting)

- No buy-ins or continues etc

- High Score must be from game played at time of competition - ie don't just post your already existing high score

- Any version of Visual Pinball may be used ie VP8, VP9, and any version of table

- you can play desktop table, or full screen table suit yourself

- Submit score by screen dump or take a pic and post in this thread. New picture for each new score.

This tourney and rules are a work in progress so things could change when we find stuff out... anyone got any ideas or suggestions at any time please share...

If you haven't nominated a table and want to join in no problems - go to the nominations thread and nominate up to 5 choices and I'll add them in.

Most of all, lets have some fun.....! Who will be crowned the AA Vpin Wizard ? :)

PROGRESS SCORES:

1. Dedrok: 1,724,336,790 :o

2. Ozstick: 281,983,590

3. Foot: 222,879,380

4. Jammasized: 203,503,150

5. Kane: 157,672,510

6. Stuzza: 140,356,460

7. Shabu: 97,860,280

8. MrBungle: 90,291,180

9. Mameshane: 64,376,910

Edited by Jed

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm kinds glad this one came up - always wanted to learn a bit more about how to play it.

There's a beautiful db2s backglass for this too, I installed it the other day and it looks fantastic!

Edit: No dips for this game far as I can tell ? F6 just gives me the rom (country) version.

Edited by Jed

I'm kinds glad this one came up - always wanted to learn a bit more about how to play it.

There's a beautiful db2s backglass for this too, I installed it the other day and it looks fantastic!

Edit: No dips for this game far as I can tell ? F6 just gives me the rom (country) version.

Dips are on the old ones and the settings in the dmd machines are in the rom using the settings buttons inside the coin door (or for vp - 7,8,9,0)

So still remove your old nvram as old settings could still be different.

Have just spent the last week playing these and trying to learn them .... each machine plays different to the last.

http://vpforums.org/imghost/58/taf91xv2_t.jpg

Edited by Dedrok
upload score and pic

I'm using the same version but my dmd isn't as easy to read as that. is there a setting or something I'm missing?

do you mean you haven't got the dots on your dmd ? Try unchecking the 'use compact display' option that will give you the dots.

btw this table and a few other dmd tables I get a crackling sound - it's pretty sharp and crackles a fair bit throughout the whole table.

It's not a hardware audio issue as it's only restricted to a few tables and they are always dmd tables. Anyone have this issue or know of a fix ?

do you mean you haven't got the dots on your dmd ? Try unchecking the 'use compact display' option that will give you the dots.

I don't have a real dmd. I mean the little display it puts in the corner doesn't seem to have as many dots the other screen shot had on it.

will that setting still apply to me?

I don't have a real dmd. I mean the little display it puts in the corner doesn't seem to have as many dots the other screen shot had on it.

Hit F5, it doubles the window size of the dmd.

looks like you use a 4:3 monitor, so the dmd window will cover the top part of the table.

- - - Updated - - -

btw this table and a few other dmd tables I get a crackling sound - it's pretty sharp and crackles a fair bit throughout the whole table.

It's not a hardware audio issue as it's only restricted to a few tables and they are always dmd tables. Anyone have this issue or know of a fix ?

Turn the sound level down a bit in the rom for that table 28 is to high and can start crackling, and too low can also cause it. Try 25.

Use "End" to open door > "8" or "9" to lower or raise volume > "End" to close door.

Yep still applies. You can also resize the dmd to your preferred size by right clicking it, and saying 'show borders' and then you can click the borders to resize it however you want. When you have the size / shape you want just hide the borders again. Unchecking 'use compact' will give you the dots so it simulates a real dmd.

Hope that helps.

The sound on this game is great, but damn it's kicking my arse for some reason.

I've had the game get stuck quite a few times, Thing grabs the ball, Gomez says "No, no, no" and then nothing, can't nudge anything loose and it just sits waiting, even hitting F3 doesn't fix it :unsure

http://home.exetel.com.au/kanem/pic/vgl/taf2.jpg

I've had the game get stuck quite a few times, Thing grabs the ball, Gomez says "No, no, no" and then nothing, can't nudge anything loose and it just sits waiting, even hitting F3 doesn't fix it :unsure

Yeah it's a pain when it does that .... melon fixed the FS version 2.01 but not the desktop 2.0

We could either change the FS to a desktop or you have to add a ball to the trough and it will act as if you just lost the ball and count the bonus. Use the "B" key then select yes. It's the only way to continue.

Scores updated

This table is kicking my arse. So many drains down the side it's ridiculous. Rage quitting and no unshameful score to post yet

- - - Updated - - -

<snip> ....you have to add a ball to the trough and it will act as if you just lost the ball and count the bonus. Use the "B" key then select yes. It's the only way to continue.

Thanks for the suggestion - don't want to force the guys with full cabs to play desktop tables :D Don't see a problem with the above solution for the greedy Thing!

Damn I used to love this game.

Wish I had the cash to get a proper virtual pin table going and I'd be all over this one (and still get thrashed by most of you) :lol

Good to see that a few people are getting behind the new VP League. Good stuff Jamma :)

P.S. Looks like Dedrok is the RMacauley of the VP League :)

Scores updated

Thanks for the suggestion - don't want to force the guys with full cabs to play desktop tables :D Don't see a problem with the above solution for the greedy Thing!

The cab version plays fine, it was updated.

I just meant that we could change the veiwing angles of the cab one to use as an updated desktop ........ Use the same values as in version 2.0 desktop.

All I need to know now is how to add the backdrop and straighten the plunger.

Edited by Dedrok

Better post something up. My arch enemy is that little blue post next to the right ramp. I hit it all the bloody time, and the rebound ends up draining more often than not, grrr.

Never had a decent multiball yet - usually within seconds two balls are lost.

Slowly getting there though and learning :)

tish.thumb.jpg.4b4026085e40e0b7971aad59ccf0533c.jpg

Jeeeezuz Dedrok that score is outrageous... I'm struggling to make 100 mill and everyone else in the same boat....You must be on performance-enhancing drugs or something :lol

Great going though, let's see a billion cracked !

Jeeeezuz Dedrok that score is outrageous... I'm struggling to make 100 mill and everyone else in the same boat....You must be on performance-enhancing drugs or something :lol

Great going though, let's see a billion cracked !

well there was this score before we started while we were playing Taxi

http://vpforums.org/imghost/175/tafv2_t.jpg