Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Chicago Coin Super Circus Rifle schematics/help needed

I have a few minor issues with a Chicago Coin Super Circus Rifle and was wondering if the schematics are available for download somewhere, I couldn't find anything :(

The issues/questions I have:

-The rightmost flop target does not drop down when hit. I cleaned the brass rivets underneath the gun, I can see a spark on it when the gun is alligned and the trigger is pulled, but the target does not drop down and there is no explosion effect. It just does not register the hit. I can move the target with my hands, so it doesn't seem to be a mechanical problem.

At very rare occasions it has worked in the past.

-There is a bell in the back of the game which is not connected. There is no coil or any wiring. What kind of coil do I need and where does it connect to? Also, when is the bell supposed to sound anyway?

-The flyer mentions electronic sounds (explosions) when any of the flop target is hit. I don't get any, is there a volume knob anywhere?! The game is missing the 8 track player, but I assume "electronic sounds" means that there is some circuitry generating them, as opposed to the pre-recorded music on the 8 track?

Thanks!

i dont know but my assumption would be 'electronic sounds' did mean 'from the 8track'

you can buy reprint from jeff here -> http://www.ebay.com/itm/221335874965

Hm, don't know, my guess was that the explosion sounds are generated by some analog circuitry or like on Chicago Coins Speedway where a coil hits a small metal sheet and then the sound is picked up and amplified. Something like that.

Also I can't imagine how the 8 track player would be capable of playing the sound every time the explosion occurs as you could hit the targets pretty quick in a row, but then I know nothing about 8 tracks.

Thanks for the ebay link, I consider buying a copy, but I would prefer a download or an original copy (which I would scan and upload to KLOV).

@Homepin was developing an mp3 soundboard specifically for this type of machine, perhaps contact him to see if he has any available

It was the soundboard used on "The Block" pinball

I'm not sure if I understand you correctly, the game I am talking about is not a pinball, it's an EM rifle game: http://www.pinrepair.com/arcade/supcirc.htm ;)

Anyway, thanks for your replies.

That's fine, Mike's board play mp3's triggered by the machine

He designed it specifically for EM games but it is also adaptable for electronic pinball machines

EM gun games and EM pinballs use the same technology

My boards were indeed used on The Block pinballs with great success. It had two MP3 players that could be triggered separately, one for up to 4 longer background sounds or music and the other for up to 8 short sounds. The issue I have is that they ended up far too expensive - many wanted one but balked at (my cost price of) $200.

I now have access to a lot cheaper bits and also could assemble in the Homepin China factory so that would make a massive difference to the price. Further, I learned a lot about isolating the inputs and if I revisit the design I would use miniature relays to isolate the inputs - FAR safer to use with EM stuff, pinballs OR gun games etc.

I would also make the amplifier mono as stereo added a lot of complexity and board size to no advantage for the application.

The revised board (that is sitting in my head - LOL) would probably cost around $80 so I don't know how that would sit with potential users???

Maybe I should start an interest thread??

My boards were indeed used on The Block pinballs with great success. It had two MP3 players that could be triggered separately, one for up to 4 longer background sounds or music and the other for up to 8 short sounds. The issue I have is that they ended up far too expensive - many wanted one but balked at (my cost price of) $200.

I now have access to a lot cheaper bits and also could assemble in the Homepin China factory so that would make a massive difference to the price. Further, I learned a lot about isolating the inputs and if I revisit the design I would use miniature relays to isolate the inputs - FAR safer to use with EM stuff, pinballs OR gun games etc.

I would also make the amplifier mono as stereo added a lot of complexity and board size to no advantage for the application.

The revised board (that is sitting in my head - LOL) would probably cost around $80 so I don't know how that would sit with potential users???

I still want one.. $200 or $80.. doesn't matter

1628907281_SeaRaider(8).thumb.jpg.9a82f8d7d961abb6d1e2fb7edc47244d.jpg

There should be a board that resembles the one shown here on bottom RHS. This is from a Midway Sea Raider and supplies the beeps and explosion sounds. Your 8 track would be a continuous loop that gave the game background noise

Thanks for the info, homepin, that is really interesting. For 80$ I might be interested, though I guess shipping to Germany would cost a small fortune...

@retropin, thanks, I will take a closer look, at least I am sure there is no such board on the backdoor. Maybe in the bottom of the game, I didn't inspect too close as I have very narrow space around the game to work on it (had to move half the gameroom around to get at least a litte access).

My boards were indeed used on The Block pinballs with great success. It had two MP3 players that could be triggered separately, one for up to 4 longer background sounds or music and the other for up to 8 short sounds. The issue I have is that they ended up far too expensive - many wanted one but balked at (my cost price of) $200.....

$80 sounds good to me

That has 12 inputs? (4 x long, 8 x short MP3?)

Mike, I have wanted 1 or 2 of these. Count me in.

I have a few minor issues with a Chicago Coin Super Circus Rifle and was wondering if the schematics are available for download somewhere, I couldn't find anything :(

The issues/questions I have:

-The rightmost flop target does not drop down when hit. I cleaned the brass rivets underneath the gun, I can see a spark on it when the gun is alligned and the trigger is pulled, but the target does not drop down and there is no explosion effect. It just does not register the hit. I can move the target with my hands, so it doesn't seem to be a mechanical problem.

At very rare occasions it has worked in the past.

-There is a bell in the back of the game which is not connected. There is no coil or any wiring. What kind of coil do I need and where does it connect to? Also, when is the bell supposed to sound anyway?

-The flyer mentions electronic sounds (explosions) when any of the flop target is hit. I don't get any, is there a volume knob anywhere?! The game is missing the 8 track player, but I assume "electronic sounds" means that there is some circuitry generating them, as opposed to the pre-recorded music on the 8 track?

Thanks!

I have several em gun games. In general the bell sounds on target hits. Most have electronic boards and an amp with volume control for background sounds like you mention for explosions etc. 8 track which is always missing provides continuous loop of background music as mentioned.

• 4 years later...

Resurrecting an old thread with more info.

Finally getting around to fit an eight track I bought years ago, (buying the eight track is how I saw the Monte Carlo sitting under the tarp on the verandah- another story).

Looking for the sounds, I discovered this EM used a Playtape 1604 player, a competitor to the 4 and 8 tracks of the time.

Being fairly rare probably explains why there appears to be no record of the sounds.

The "electronic sound" can only refer to the bell as there is no other evidence in the machine or on the schematic.

"Explosions" probably refer to the image that lights up after target is hit.

I will fit the eight track anyway with a stepdown from 100V socket to 12V and using generic circus music.

The flyer.

74592850_supercircusflyer.thumb.JPG.e9ea4493e89eb2d61a7d6c7c8d7c1a33.JPG

Playtape model 1604

452112785_1604playtape1.jpg.c8a0c155555ca2f2f23eb2b70fa618a9.jpg

Empty position

389214686_playerpos1.JPG.4454cb49e937f6962efb4babe347d412.JPG

1394917944_playerpos2.JPG.91b9e23d9567d1f4a5f5964562d6da45.JPG

Since this thread started I converted my Funland rifle shooter to a small stereo Amp from China that has a USB socket.

The games timing circuit turns on the Amp with the first rifle shot & plays an MP3 carnival music file, the music stops after the game ends.

Works very well. :)

CIMG0016.JPG.bac88b06a1c6a32885a4f9e6707fd338.JPG

Since this thread started I converted my Funland rifle shooter to a small stereo Amp from China that has a USB socket.

The games timing circuit turns on the Amp with the first rifle shot & plays an MP3 carnival music file, the music stops after the game ends.

Works very well. :)

Sounds cool got any video of it ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk