Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Temporary Pin swaps - outer eastern Melbourne, Victoria

I’ve been thinking about this for a while and I’m not sure if this is a stupid idea or otherwise.

Seeing how the sellers market is bit slow at the moment I’ve been considering a couple of options with some of my lesser played pins.

1. Take them into work. Companies downsizing and I’m moving buildings in which the new one already has a classic sit down arcade name machine and pool table. I have the go ahead but have to do things like get it electrically tested and tagged, add a coin mech etc. feels like too much work but atleast is get to play during the day.

2. Offer it as a temporary swap against another members machine so I can play something different.

My problem is that I only know a small number of members that I’d met in person and would trust with say a 10k+ machine. The other problem is most of these people I do know have quite a few overlaps in titles in their collections.

Machines in my collection I’d consider temporary swaps against :

Star Trek LE

Hobbit LE

Ironman VE

Jurassic Park DE

Guns and roses

Star Wars DE

If there was enough trust between more than 2 people a 3-way (you in the back quit snickering!) swap could mean a swap actually occurs.

Locality and distance would be a consideration so my area for reference is near Karting Madness.

Obviously any swap would involve agreements between the two parties over how the machine is used / transported etc.

So, anyone interested?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mate,

I have done this several times.

Never had an issue.

Treat each persons property with respect, if it breaks current owner to fix.

If it's an expensive fix (eg DMD) then actual owner to fix, providing it's not irresponsibly caused.

I've had machines out of my house for months.

Good luck.

I have done this a few times with trusted AA members, we always look after the pinnys we have on loan, as we know we will cop it if we mistreat them :o Having said that the person loaning them always seems determined to put on as many HSTD as possible !!!!

Temporary Pin swaps - outer eastern Melbourne, Victoria

Swaps sounds fine for the keepers, but if you are tired of a particular title/s and considering selling (which I suspect you are as you mentioned the sellers market being slow) then I wouldn’t be waiting for prices to go up. Swapping a game that you don’t play will only delay you selling it - all the while it’s depreciating and getting more wear and tear, not to mention the transport time and hassles etc. you experience. With the new Jurassic Park and GNR pins rumoured those titles you have might lose some lustre. Just my perspective Koops.

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

I did something similar about eight years ago, i had a fellow AA member store several of my pins when i was moving back to the coast, while i was looking for a house. We set them up in his lineup so they could be played until i had somewhere to put them.

He also has swapped with a couple of other guys some of his games and had their games for a couple of months, and liked the opportunity of having some different games to play.

I agree it would have to someone you trusted to do this.

Swaps sounds fine for the keepers, but if you are tired of a particular title/s and considering selling (which I suspect you are as you mentioned the sellers market being slow) then I wouldn’t be waiting for prices to go up. Swapping a game that you don’t play will only delay you selling it - all the while it’s depreciating and getting more wear and tear, not to mention the transport time and hassles etc. you experience. With the new Jurassic Park and GNR pins rumoured those titles you have might lose some lustre. Just my perspective Koops.

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

I’m fine with most of that. Anything for sale is already listed in the for sale area.

Some, actually most of the titles I listed above are not for sale. It was more of a wider net to see if there was interest at all. I have no personal interest in a new jp nor gnr as nib jjp are now way out of budget.

Transport time. Well that’s why I said “local”. I’d travel an hour no problem.

I’m fine with most of that. Anything for sale is already listed in the for sale area.

Some, actually most of the titles I listed above are not for sale. It was more of a wider net to see if there was interest at all. I have no personal interest in a new jp nor gnr as nib jjp are now way out of budget.

Transport time. Well that’s why I said “local”. I’d travel an hour no problem.

Fair enough mate. Are you coming to Pinfest this year?

Fair enough mate. Are you coming to Pinfest this year?

Nope.

Can't see myself doing any pinball trips in the near future.

Edited by Koops