Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Rosstown Retro Pinball Arcade Competition 2018

Hi all,

Welcome to the Rosstown Retro Pinball Arcade located in the old borough of Rosstown, or Carnegie as it is now known.

The Rosstown Retro Pinball Arcade stands for the appreciation of the artwork, reminiscing and fun of playing retro pinball. There are 15 retro Pinballs ranging from 1959 to 1991.

The next IFPA competition will be held on 2 separate days as follows:

Qualifying – Saturday June 2nd 2018. 7am – 11pm

•Each player will qualify by playing each of the randomly selected 7 machines twice. Scores on each machine will be ranked highest to lowest.

•No Practice

•BBQ at 2pm

Final – Saturday June 30th 2018, 12pm

•The top 12 qualifiers will be split into 3 groups of 4 as follows: 1,2, 11, 12 and 3, 4, 9, 10 and 5, 6, 7, 8

•Each group will play 4 randomly chosen games (must include 1 EM, Straight Shooter not included) using IFPA matchplay scoring (7/5/3/1). Top 2 point scorers in each group will advance to the next round

•The remaining 6 will be split into 2 groups of 3 at random.

•Each group will play 3 randomly chosen games (must include 1 EM, Straight Shooter not included) using IFPA matchplay scoring (7/5/3/1). Top point scorer of each group will progress to the final round.

•Final will head to head best of 3 randomly chosen games, Straight Shooter not included.

•Last 10 (3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12) will play one head to head game for final placing. 3,4 and 5,6 and 7, 8 and 9, 10 and 11, 12.

•Any ties shall be decided by a single game on a randomly chosen machine

•If any of the top 12 players are unable to participate, vacant places will be made available for the next ranked players.

•Practice from midday, free BBQ for the final 12 at 2pm, Comp begins at 3pm.

Prizes

•The winner will receive a trophy

•The bottom 6 will receive a Mr Burger voucher

•The top 6 will receive cash prizes, something like (assuming there are around 40 players):

1st place - $150 and a Mr Burger Voucher

2nd place - $100

3rd place – $50

4th place – $40

5th place – $30

6th place – $20

Cost and Details

Cost will be $40 which will cover $20 for a t-shirt, $10 for prizes $10 for the food and soft drink. BYO beer.

T-shirts come in white or grey. ‘Winner 2018’ will be printed on the winner’s t-shirt. T-shirts will be given out after the event so the winner is assured of a good fit!

If you are interested please advise the following:

-The approximate time you would like to attend for qualifying

-Whether you would like to attend the BBQ

-Your t-shirt size and colour.

Please note that you will not be able to practice on the day before you begin qualifying, however I will open the arcade for practice on the prior Sunday 27th May from 3pm – 10pm.

I would also be happy to allow a small practice on the Friday night before for anyone coming from interstate.

Also note that there is a Bayside pinball comp on Thursday 31st May if you can make it up earlier.

To provide the full pinball arcade experience you will need to bring coins to play - they take 5c, 10c and 20c. The additional funds will go towards catering for the finals.

Pinball Machines included are:

1.Straight Shooter EM 1959 Gottlieb

2.Grand Slam EM 1972 Gottlieb

3.Centigrade37 EM 1977 Gottlieb

4.Last Lap SS 1978 Playmatic

5.Close Encounters SS 1978 Gottlieb

6.Superman SS 1979 Atari

7.Stellar Wars SS 1979 Williams

8.Paragon SS 1979 Bally

9.Circus SS 1980 Gottlieb

10.Xenon SS 1980 Bally

11.Fathom SS1981 Bally

12.Vector SS 1982 Bally

13.Centuar II SS 1983 Bally

14.Robot SS 1985 Zaccaria

15.The Machine: Bride of Pinbot SS 1991 Williams

Under 15 Childrens Tournament

I will also include a tournament for children that are 14 or younger as part of this. The $10 entry fee will be waived, however other costs apply to play, to attend the BBQ and t-shirt.

Ideally I would like the children to come early, between 8am – 11:30am

They will play the exact same format and be ranked with the adults for IFPA purposes, however there will be a separate list set up to rank just them. I would like to have a final for the top 2, ideally on the same day as the adults. We will just see how their availability is.

The highest ranked child will receive a Superman Cap.

The lowest ranked child will receive a Mr Burger Voucher

It is the first time I have tried this so let’s just see how it goes.

Hope to see you all there.

Flip it, Flip it good.

Edited by No Ball Save

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

Just finished getting all the pinnies working nicely so i will open the Arcade for a practice/test session tomorrow, Sunday 22 April 6-10pm.

PM me if you need the address.

Flip it, flip it good.

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...