Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Legend of Zelda Breath of the wild -WOW!

Hi Guys

Im not a big console game player but but my teenage daughter plays a bit on our WiiU so a few weeks ago

I was in Big W and saw Legend of Zelda BOTW and thought she might like it

Long story short she played it for 2 hours then I had a go....

3 weeks later I cant get of it!!

Seriously amazing game - its huge

The land, the quests, the things you can do and I have only started

If you want to lose hours in the day and not get stuff done around the house this is the game

Let me know if anyone else is playing it and how far have you got

I have only finished 1 devine beast and found 42 shrines (120 in total!)

Hi Guys

Im not a big console game player but but my teenage daughter plays a bit on our WiiU so a few weeks ago

If you want to lose hours in the day and not get stuff done around the house this is the game

I just defeated ganon yesterday. Still got heaps of shrines quests ect to do

Going back to finish few things as different ending available.

Divine beasts are good fun thats for sure

I have done 100 shrines and all four divine beats. I have sunk bloody days into this game, probably 50 hours+ and I don't want it to end. I could have gone and fought Ganon ages ago, but I am still dicking around the map exploring.

For me, I think the best thing about the game is that it's open world, but the way it's been designed leads you towards things. The map is massive and empty, but you can feel the hand of Nintendo developers helping you discover things. What's that weird valley in the distance? Who's making that plume of smoke that I can see from the top of this tower? Why are there those rocks in a weird formation over there? The world design is just second to none.

I love all of the Zelda games, but this one is especially special, probably the best since Ocarina of Time. That said, I've had hardly any time on it yet, and daren't get too involved in case I never stop playing! (I once had to hide my Gamecube from myself (!) so I could stop playing Resident Evil 4 and get some work done!) Mind you, I still found time to make a silly video on the first hour or so of Breath of the Wild, crushed down into a five-minute bite-sized mouthful. Feel free to ignore...it is very very silly;-)

I have done 100 shrines and all four divine beats. I have sunk bloody days into this game, probably 50 hours+ and I don't want it to end. I could have gone and fought Ganon ages ago, but I am still dicking around the map exploring.

For me, I think the best thing about the game is that it's open world, but the way it's been designed leads you towards things. The map is massive and empty, but you can feel the hand of Nintendo developers helping you discover things. What's that weird valley in the distance? Who's making that plume of smoke that I can see from the top of this tower? Why are there those rocks in a weird formation over there? The world design is just second to none.

And were did that star fall

Hi Guys

This game is amazing, I'm about as far as you mate, I'm am a huge zelda fan since the nes and this game really does have it all, you might have to go back through the years of zelda games once you finish BOTW.

• 4 months later...

Am I the only person who didn't like it?

Like yeah it's a good game and open world and everything. However it's not what I want in a zelda game. Where are the dungeons? I don't really want to dick around with cooking. To me it would be the same as buying a forza game and then getting call of duty, doesn't matter how good the game is I just don't want to play that kind of game and it isn't what I am after.

The lack of games is a huge killer though right now. Unless you are dying to play Zelda or another one of the very few good games on it I would wait.

Mario Odyssey should be released soon which should be good.

Just needs heaps more, I guess by 2019 it will have a decent selection as it's not like titles or even announced titles are flowing that quickly

I am buying one the minute Mario Odyssey comes out. I played BotW on Wii U and there are simply not enough games on Switch to make be buy one yet. However, when Odyssey comes out, I will have no choice. I must play that game, it looks absolutely phenomenal and Super Mario games are my bread and butter.

• Administrators
The lack of games is a huge killer though right now. Unless you are dying to play Zelda or another one of the very few good games on it I would wait.

Mario Odyssey should be released soon which should be good.

Just needs heaps more, I guess by 2019 it will have a decent selection as it's not like titles or even announced titles are flowing that quickly

Reminds me of the N64 release and lack of games. I remember selling mine because I was so disappointed only to buy a second hand one just to play Ocarina of time :D

• 9 months later...

Thread revival! I just got this running on my gaming PC today using Cemu Wii U emulator.

Running it at 60fps at 1440p. It's beautiful. The original only ran at 30fps, so running it at 60fps is nice and makes the game so much more smooth. Time to play it again methinks.

For anyone who doesn't have a Wii U or a Switch and wants to play one of the best games of last year, it's now totally playable on PC. Not only playable, but even better quality than the original.

So, what are the must-have Wii U games to check out on this emulator? Anyone have any high recommendations?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Aussie Arcade mobile app

Aside from BOTW, any of the Wii U Nintendo exclusives. Xenoblade Chronicles X apparently runs ok and Tokyo Mirage Sessions runs perfectly by all accounts. Super Mario 3D world is also playable, and that's a cracking game.

To be honest, I played everything I needed to play on Wii U and I just wanted to mess with BOTW in 60fps. Now I need to play the whole damn game again, it's that good.

Super Mario 3D world looks great. I've played most of the Super Mario console versions but never finished any.

I still think Super Mario World on the Super Nintendo is tough to beat as best Mario title ever made. Also gets incredibly challenging deeper into it and if you play it legit on the original console possibly the most frustrating also!

OK, I'm just kind of gushing about Cemu now, but I got the motion controls working using my PS4 controller. It was as simple as installing a patched version of DS4 Windows and BAM, 100% working with no further tweaking.

How insane is that! I can do the motion shrines now with 100% accuracy, it's just like using the Wii U pad. I simply cannot get over how bloody good this emulator is. It's emulating a game released only 1 year ago and doing so completely perfectly.

What an age we live in!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Another thread revival! So more than a year later, i've got round to installing CEMU and Breath of the Wild, along with the usual Mario suspects for the console, a few nights ago. I'm losing sleep.

Super Mario Land 3D has really got me hooked, it's amazing. The catsuit is brilliant. I've barely begun (World 3) but having a blast. Enjoying DK tropical freeze also.

But Breath of the Wild.... I loaded it up for the first time last night about 930. Started playing, learning the controls, interface, etc. Geeking out at the beautiful graphical touches and art design - the way water drips off your body and slowly dissipates when you emerge from a lake or stream. The way little fragments of rock get dislodged when you are clambering up a rock face, and bounce down away from you. Starting fires. Thought i was getting tired and thirsty (in real life) looked at my phone, arrrgh it was 340am.

I'd been playing for 6 hours straight. and barely even noticed it. Can't remember the last time a game did that to me.

It plays amazing on my (somewhat old now) 970gtx, as do all the other titles I've tried. There is the initial laggy moments when you are playing a game for the first time when it caches shaders, BOTW I have all the graphics packs pre-installed, so it runs perfect. Guess I need to go off and get all the graphics packs for everything now.

So far I'm just using a 360 gamepad for everything. It seems to emulate other stuff well, like the bits in Super Mario Land 3D where you need to blow into the mic to use fan lifts, or use the touchscreen of the emulated wii gamepad to move blocks. I have wiimotes, a USB sensor bar from using Dolphin, so if needs be i'll use them for Cemu too.

PS4 controller is on my shopping list now, so i can use the motion sensing.

Cemu absolutely rocks, it's brilliant.

Edited by Jed