Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

4 player build - Based of lucids and Chaos foundry’s plans mixed in with my need for

Hey all thought I would add to the forum with my own build, gonna be a slow one as the old saying goes measure 83 times first cut once swear then do it again.

I have a back ground in IT but am fairly decent with my hands (built a few cars and what not in my time) and have spent years and years admiring others work and finally have bit the bullet and decided to build myself an overkill cab.

So the plan.

First clear out the large rumpus room which the kids took over and turn it into a games room.

Second get some mdf (18mm) and start drawing up some plans for something I’m happy to use on a weekly basis.

Third start the build.

What has actually happened:

Cleaned out room - check

Found leak in roof - check

Fixed leak in roof - check

Found out this was an issue that was never dealt with and now have to replace all the insulation and redo the entire celling - bugger!

New plan:

Pull the celling and old insulation down - check

Run cabling behind / above insulation - check

Wait patiently for the insulation and ceiling to be fixed by professional - check

Get bored with waiting and start building cabinet anyway - check!

So after that horrendous event we are back to building the cabinet.

So I bought two large sheets of mdf just for the control panel now this thing is gonna be big.

So dimensions for the control panel are 120cm wide and 46cm deep (see pic below) this is to sit on an angled box of 13cm tall at the front and 18cm tall at the back so I nice angle to play on.

This space will allow for a trackball and 4 player joys and buttons (2x 8 button for p1 and p2 and 2x 4 button for p3 and p4)

If you have any thoughts please feel free to drop them below as I would love to hear from some “veteran” builders as I continue this journey.

Also will have space either side for custom aim tracks.

Machine is gonna be running a 40” LED, I know not a perfect match for the old school stuff but this machine will run all the new stuff too.

Massive thank you to Chaos Foundation for some of the ideas, plans and humor through out his you tube clips. If you haven’t watched them worth a watch especially for newer guys!

I doubt he reads this but massive thanks to Don Annis and his YouTube channel for some ideas for the control panel and extra screens etc etc.

I’ll keep you posted!

IMG_7213.thumb.JPG.fe8cb231e988da997761c0ecfa1c14f6.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

• 3 weeks later...