Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

It's on like Donkey Kong - Kong Off 2011 - "King of AA"

In honour of the recent Kong Off 2011, a special event will be run right here in the MGL.

For a duration of two weeks, a Kong Off will be run using the Donkey Kong US set rom, following the normal MGL rules. At the end we will find our very own King Of Kong, AA-style.

I'm aware there is already a King of AA thread, but it's a little dusty now - so to refresh the theme, and to honour the greats of the scene like Wiebe, Mitchell, and yes even newcomer and world record holder Hank Chien, welcome to the Aussie Arcade Kong Off 2011!

Register your interest here!

The Kong Off will start this Sunday (27th March) @ 7pm. Run for 2 weeks, end date 7pm, 10th April.

Edited by Jed

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great to see this much interest already!

Yup as Wingtip says, it's the 'US set 1' we will be playing with in Mame. I'll confirm/post the detailed settings when I post the Kong Off - which I reckon kickoff this Sunday night 7pm. Run for 2 weeks. So 27th March, to 10th of April. 2 Weeks of barrel jumping, ladder climbing, barrel smashing fun.

There will be a special prize for the King Of AA at the end - Donkey Kong related of course :cool:

This is a great idea, but can we please run this till the next MGL starts?

That way time poor people like myself who enjoy the break between mgls will be able to have a go without sacrifice :)

This is a great idea, but can we please run this till the next MGL starts?

That way time poor people like myself who enjoy the break between mgls will be able to have a go without sacrifice :)

Given the next MGL wont be till sometime in June, I don't think running a Kong off for almost 3 months would make for a focused event.

Official kickoff is this Sunday 7pm, and will run for two weeks only - so get those mallets ready!

Given the next MGL wont be till sometime in June, I don't think running a Kong off for almost 3 months would make for a focused event.

Official kickoff is this Sunday 7pm, and will run for two weeks only - so get those mallets ready!

True, good call :)

Me too.

i have never played in a MGL. What are the rules?

Just take a photo of the high score or is Wolfmame required?

Hey Mamejay,

Scroll up to my first post, I've linked the MGL rules there.

But in a nutshell, all's you need do is take a screen dump or a digital photo of your score, and post it in the Kong Off. Post as many times as you like.

MGL's are run on an honour system, we play for fun so there's no need to do the more serious stuff like INP files or wolfmame for verification.

Cheers