Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

LAI MK2 - Lost green

SegaManAU

Question

Gents

Looking for some assistance (again)!!

I recently degaussed my LAI MK2 monitor as there was a small section of de-colourisation in the bottom RHS corner. Since I done this, I've lost all green from the screen and I can't for the life of me get it back!! I've tried adjusting the green with no luck. I've attached some photos for reference. Green was working fine until the degaussing.

mpZkLIo.jpg

q2iO2lf.jpg

i4V7tUX.jpg

ZAxyfll.jpg

8 answers to this question

Ive lost green before (then lost blue a year or so later).

Was on a complete different cab though, using a 'Sharp image' chassis.

Resolved in each instance by changing the 3 legged transistor on the neck board for the corresponding colour. Depends if youre good with desoldering/soldering - a test you could do, is swap transistors around, to see if green comes back and you lose another colour instead.

Otherwise Jomac as already mentioned.

I've emailed Joey and he has responded. He has given me a few pointers on getting the green back. It's to do with the way I'm degaussing the monitor. I'm going to try in a few days and hopefully, I can get it back.

He is an absolute ripper of a bloke who goes out of his way to help people, even if there is nothing in it for him. Once again thanks Joey.