Announcement

Collapse

Prevent Commenting on your Topic

For those with an upgraded account you can close your thread to prevent comments by clicking the little cog icon at the top right and selecting Close. You can reopen it the same way.
more information in this thread HERE
See more
See less

Needing Bally 6 & 7 Digit Gas Displays

Collapse

Need something Pinball related? ask here. This section is open to newbies to post topics.

X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Found] - Needing Bally 6 & 7 Digit Gas Displays

Needing 1 of each, or maybe someone has swapped out a set for LED displays and may be willing to sell the set ?
    V.displays (1).JPG V.displays (2).JPG

Cheers!

Last edited by Rich; 14 January 2021, 05:23 PM. Reason: no longer needed, going LED displays

Before you replace them, you've rebuilt your high voltage section right?

Comment

Originally posted by Boots View Post
      Before you replace them, you've rebuilt your high voltage section right?
      It's on the list but no, not yet.
      They displays have been on and rebuilding the HV section can't repair the damage in the glass.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post

It's on the list but no, not yet.
        They displays have been on and rebuilding the HV section can't repair the damage in the glass.
        Yeah you just don't want to forget and burn the others or any new ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Boots View Post

Yeah you just don't want to forget and burn the others or any new ones.
          absolutely, I run mine at about 165VDC.

these are needed for a friend.

Comment

I run mine at about 165VDC.
            I thought the normal voltage was 192 volts? Might need to turn mine down.

Comment

absolutely, I run mine at about 165VDC.
              I always ran mine at around 160v, until I saw Quench recently mention (on a Pinside post) that at a lower voltage like 160v puts more unnecessary stress on the HV transistors & they heat up more - recommends 180v.

Comment

Originally posted by richard.m View Post

I always ran mine at around 160v, until I saw Quench recently mention (on a Pinside post) that at a lower voltage like 160v puts more unnecessary stress on the HV transistors & they heat up more - recommends 180v.
                Normally always set them up at 165V, although some displays will flicker at that. The lower the voltage the longer the glass lasts, wouldn't worry too much about the HV transistors, they can be replaced cheaply unlike the display glasses.

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                Working...
                X