Announcement

Collapse

Prevent Commenting on your Topic

For those with an upgraded account you can close your thread to prevent comments by clicking the little cog icon at the top right and selecting Close. You can reopen it the same way.
more information in this thread HERE
See more
See less

Wanted: 1983 Bally BMX Pinball

Collapse

Need something Pinball related? ask here. This section is open to newbies to post topics.

X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QLD] - Wanted: 1983 Bally BMX Pinball

I am looking for the 1983 Bally BMX pinball machine if anyone has one for sale. Can be any condition, but ready to play would be great. Can be interstate. Thanks.
    I have no garage!

Isn’t there only about 400 of that title? Tough find but cool theme! Good luck!
    Collecting practically anything Mancave (Pinball, Arcade, Toy, Beer & Sport related)
    Over 2000 Sports games on DVD - www.allsportdvd.com

Comment

To my knowledge there are no more than 5 of them in Australia.
      I had one a few years back, sold it to someone in Melbourne
      Wanted funhouse and taxi pinballs.

Comment

I know there aren't a huge number of them out there, but you have to start somewhere. You just never know. Any leads would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.
        I have no garage!

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybee View Post
          To my knowledge there are no more than 5 of them in Australia.
          I had one a few years back, sold it to someone in Melbourne
          By memory you had that rare beauty at Pinfest 2018 - could be wrong?
          http://www.aussiearcade.com.au/forum.../138-RAIL-WAYS

Comment

Okay. Say I found a very good condition Bally bmx. What would I expect to pay for it given that there were only 406 built?
            I have no garage!

Comment

Well there is a dodgey one with history floating around in Aus. Its worth 2k ish, a genuine one ...maybe 4-6k.

Comment

Originally posted by KJS View Post
                Well there is a dodgey one with history floating around in Aus. Its worth 2k ish, a genuine one ...maybe 4-6k.
                I'd agree with that BUT it's not that a good player for that era IMO.
                It's value is in it's rarity.
                Remember above all, if its a RARE game there was usually a reason why.

Comment

Originally posted by Railways View Post

I'd agree with that BUT it's not that a good player for that era IMO.
                  It's value is in it's rarity.
                  Remember above all, if its a RARE game there was usually a reason why.
                  Your dead right there. Rare games can be that way for a few reasons.

It didn't make money.
                  It cost the factory to much to produce.
                  There were better machines at that time from other manufacturers on offer.

I would put BMX into two of those catagorys. The first and the third but you can add others such as it being a ultra wide body and also at that time Ballys constantly required flipper work to keep them earning money.
                  At that time operators were well aware of ultra wide body Ballys, ( many got burnt with ultra wides from Bally like Future Spa and Space Invaders) and it was common to skip such machines unless an increase of revenue justified the extra weight to move it around and the extra space such machines took up in the all important arcade real estate.

Comment

Originally posted by Autosteve View Post
                    I would put BMX ... as it being a ultra wide body .
                    but .. its not?

if you just like the playfield buy a hardbody and save thousands..

Comment

Originally posted by wiredoug View Post

but .. its not?

Ow sorry about that, You are correct, it wasn't a widebody. Thanks for the correction my good man.

Comment

Rarity doesn't always mean it's worth more, I have an Up Scope that's only 1 of 14 left working worldwide. No ones beating my door down to get at it.

DSC_1263.JPG

Comment

Originally posted by wiredoug View Post

I restore and collect 80's BMX bikes so for me, it is all about the theme.

I have no garage!

Comment

Originally posted by horseyboy69 View Post

I restore and collect 80's BMX bikes so for me, it is all about the theme.
                            I get that

Comment

Success. I managed to locate a Bally BMX in great condition. Arrived today. It needs a good clean but the playfield looks great, the back glass is excellent and the cabinet has minimal bumps and bruises. Overall very happy. I hope I enjoy playing it. πŸ˜‚

Featured with a couple of my bikes. 😁
                              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                              This gallery has 3 photos.
                              I have no garage!

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X