Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

LED FLICKER ELIMINATOR ADAPTOR KIT BALLY/STERN SS

Is it for Bally boards you need them? I have made my own PCB's that do the trick. Not as flash a siegecraft. But they do the job. can you solder?

It’s for Stern Stars and I can’t solder well so wouldn’t want to take that on. Do you make them for Stern as well ?

It’s for Stern Stars and I can’t solder well so wouldn’t want to take that on. Do you make them for Stern as well ?

Hi @alby34 my boards suit a bally AS2518-14 or 23 Main Lamp Driver board and the Bally AS2518-52 Aux Lamp driver board. Im not sure what boards the Stern uses. So cant tell you if they would suit.

Hi @alby34 my boards suit a bally AS2518-14 or 23 Main Lamp Driver board and the Bally AS2518-52 Aux Lamp driver board. Im not sure what boards the Stern uses. So cant tell you if they would suit.

The old Stern lamp drivers are the same as and interchangeable with the Bally board so should work fine.

I have 1 last set, so if Grunt can’t get you some made, I don’t need mine currently.

But I’ll need s replacement at some stage.

Sounds good , I’m happy for Grunt to make a set if possible or I’ll buy your set,

• Like 1

Ok everyone, I'm sorting out a kit for the boards. So solder them yourself. I don't have a heap of these, but do have surplus for my pins. @alby34 I shall make you a set.. So everyone please be patient, and I will get the wheels in motion.:)

Thanks so much, really appreciate it

Ok everyone, I'm sorting out a kit for the boards. So solder them yourself. I don't have a heap of these, but do have surplus for my pins. @alby34 I shall make you a set.. So everyone please be patient, and I will get the wheels in motion.:)

Just an idea you may be interested in on your own Ballys I did on my BP. I soldered resistor packs to the back of the lamp driver board but this should work on your boards as well.

Every connector you plug your boards onto has atleast one spare pin not used as in no connection and isn't used on any Bally. The socket is vacant and there is no connection on the board either.

I soldered the resistor common wire to one of these vacant pins on the board and put a terminal in the plug and ran the ground wire through the lighting harness across to the backbox switched illumination common.

It gets rid of the common wire just hanging and all the wires are all on the factory connectors and run through the harness.

Maybe not for boards you sell but your own machine, maybe. The wire can be left there in the harness as it does no harm whether you use it or not.

On my machine you can't tell anything is different with the resistors soldered to the board but even the plugin boards would look neater without the common wire just hanging there.

• 1 month later...
Big thanks to thegrunta666 not only did he make the LED flicker eliminator boards for me but they were also delivered to me today . Great work on the boards , installed and working . No more strobing lights on my Stern Stars .
  • Like 3