Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Prevent Commenting on your Topic

For those with an upgraded account you can close your thread to prevent comments by clicking the little cog icon at the top right and selecting Close. You can reopen it the same way.
more information in this thread HERE
2 of 2 < >

Trading Rules

RULE 1:

The Trading Section is open to ALL registered members.

RULE 2:

Please add the State and suburb in which the location of the items are being sold.

This is added by using the Prefix field to the left of the Title field. If an Item is pick up only then add a more specific location in the body of the add.

RULE 3:

You must put a price for the item(s) you are selling and in the following format for example $3.5k or $3500 etc

If you are unsure of your items value then you are welcome to request a price check in the Pinball, Arcade, MAME etc forums to allow other members to have some input. Price checks should not be done in the for sale forum.

If you want people to make you an offer, then you must post a reserve price.

No Auction like selling tactics are permitted in the trading section.

If you wish to trade/ swap your item for another then please include the words "For Trade" or "Wanted to Trade" in the thread title

RULE 4:

Don't link to online auction in the for sale section of this forum under any circumstances.
This section is only for trading within the forum. If you wish to link to your Ebay or other auction then do so in the Online Auctions section.

RULE 5:

Disputes and Feedback.

Disputes on trades are to be handled in the first instance privately between the seller and buyer.

If a dispute is made public then keep to the facts, personal abuse will not be tolerated.

Aussie Arcade is only providing a forum in which trading can be conducted and takes no responsibility for the outcomes of any trading activity.

Feedback is an important part of establishing trust of both sellers and buyers. If you have a positive or negative transaction then please leave constructive feedback.

RULE 6:

If your item is sold or no longer available, please update your listings by posting in the thread. There is a sticky post explaining how to do this in each trading section.

RULE 7:

General: No hijacking other peoples for sale threads with your own items. Any "Spamming" or replies to For Sale items not relevant to the sale itself will be removed.

RULE 8:

Commercial sellers are directed to this thread �Becoming an Aussie Arcade Sponsor�

Members who fail to adhere to the rules will receive a caution and have their post or for sale thread removed or edited.

If you have any questions or problems with the rules, then please discuss them with us.
See more
See less

Bally EBD 1st edition

Collapse

Don't know whats something is worth?, ask here.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Price Check] - Bally EBD 1st edition

Bally Eight Ball Deluxe 1st edition (I think). Headbox and cab numbers don' t match - not unusual for this period.

Playfield is average with touchups. To do this game justice it does need another PF.

Cab is solid with touchups.

Backglass is great with a few extremely small ouch ups on the back but not visible when playing.

Board wise it's running Altek pretty well everything except the solenoid board. I can clarify that later.

It plays well, needs a better coin door (maybe?)

Just asking a ball park $ please.
    http://www.aussiearcade.com.au/forum.../138-RAIL-WAYS

Hopefully heaps for you? 😆😆🤙
    Can Play while not spilling the beer.

Comment

Comment

Going off the description and being I see this as a $6-8K machine in very nice condition....for me, it sounds more like a $4K machine with all the work needed.

Comment

Sold for 6K to KJS......

Hmmm, doesn't sound like a realistic price now does it?.

If a 1981 Bally SS players quality is worth 6K, all be it one of the highest earners of that era, what is say a Pinbot players quality worth, 7K?. That would then have say an Earth Shaker players quality worth 7.5K?. A Getaway players quality at say 8K, a Twilight Zone players quality at say 9K.
          Starting to get close to a new machine price isn't it?.
          I'd say 3.5k at the most in it's current condition.
          Replace the playfield and all that is required to bring it back to near new and then maybe 6K but even then I think you'd be struggling to sell it.
          You want an honest apprasile on a pinball's price I suggest seeing what an importer will give you for it as a trade in on a brand new machine and then double it.

Comment

Originally posted by Autosteve View Post
            Sold for 6K to KJS......

If a 1981 Bally SS players quality is worth 6K, all be it one of the highest earners of that era, what is say a Pinbot players quality worth, 7K?. That would then have say an Earth Shaker players quality worth 7.5K?. A Getaway players quality at say 8K, a Twilight Zone players quality at say 9K.
            Starting to get close to a new machine price isn't it?.
            I'd say 3.5k at the most in it's current condition.
            Replace the playfield and all that is required to bring it back to near new and then maybe 6K but even then I think you'd be struggling to sell it.
            You want an honest apprasile on a pinball's price I suggest seeing what an importer will give you for it as a trade in on a brand new machine and then double it.
            all possible at LLOYDS auctions

Comment

Originally posted by Autosteve View Post
              Sold for 6K to KJS......

Thanks for assuming , but actually yes I think it is realistic and Jeff asked for feedback and opinions.

A minty mint one is worth 10k+, spend 3-4k on parts and it would be mint.

Labour is worth nothing these days its all for love.

The trouble is there are so many peronalities and opinions in this hobby, no one is right or wrong.

Comment

$1250... $1750

Comment

Originally posted by gt-ray View Post
                  $1250... $1750
                  Yeah Ray. You should put a smiley face next to that, to show your not living in 1990? Ha.😆

Comment

Sry typo.. $250 $750

Comment

Originally posted by Defender View Post

Yeah Ray. You should put a smiley face next to that, to show your not living in 1990? Ha.😆
                      I fckin hate the game.. i keep on losing at the comp remember.. keep on going to the side guter

Comment

Cheeper to build a new one

only things hard to find, transformer, sound board, metal ball guide, some parts of the 7 target drop bank. every thing else has been reproduced

Comment

Prices have gone nuts that's for sure. Bloody Hipsters have ruined our hobby. It was affordable once, I might go back to flying planes, it's cheaper!

Comment

Originally posted by gt-ray View Post

I fckin hate the game.. i keep on losing at the comp remember.. keep on going to the side guter
                            Yeah it does that to me too? Ha.😆

Comment

Originally posted by Pop Bumper Pete View Post
                              Cheeper to build a new one

only things hard to find, transformer, sound board, metal ball guide, some parts of the 7 target drop bank. every thing else has been reproduced
                              That is a very good point. The harness is about the only part that isn't avaliable and the irony is it is one part that should be replaced as wires do deteriate and simply washing them does nothing more than make them look clean externally. Changing connectors is good but again, crimped onto old wires that are still as old as the machine is not a very good idea.
                              Everyone that recos video machines understands the importance of a new wiring harness but this seems to be totally overlooked by pinball restorers probably because it isn't avaliable off the shelf and every machine is slightly different.
                              What would a brand new pinball harness be worth?. I have made millions of harnesses in my time, re-wired many an EM after some fool put a nail in to replace blown fuses, even went for a job at STC making harnesses for F-18 Hornets as part of Australia's content for that US fighter and worked at Olex Cables for some time. Like I say, many many harneses and never gave post EM pinballs a thought.
                              Could be a lot of money in this for someone set to retire post Co-Vid.

By the way I agree, EBD suks. One machine i could never master and all left flipper shots. Eight Ball Champ is a better machine but shit, now that I mentioned than machine you watch it's price go through the roof.

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X