Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

50Hz/60Hz Converter for Stern Imports

• Super Moderator

I have for sale 60hz converter boards that work on Stern Sam mpu's,these little boards will allow you to convert an imported game on 60hz to Australian 50hz.

Some competant soldering skills are required

A detailed instruction sheet will be supplied

$160 ncluding postage within Australia and NZ

965174758_AuConvertor.thumb.jpg.aa39badf8ae0aba53402583df61b22cb.jpg

• Like 4

I understand the difference power-wise I just have never come across an amusement machine which it makes a difference for, very interesting that they used it like that.
AC motors are frequency sensitive, though that is more relevant to EM machines and older solid state than modern ones. They can run at the wrong speed at best and burn themselves out at worst.

http://www.50hz60hz.com/60hz-motor-running-on-50hz-power-supply.html

And we’ve been fitting these for years now. The ones out of Germany (courtesy of Jersey Jack were plug and play. According to Jack,Gary doesn’t own global pinball. I wonder if he feels the same now that he is a manufacturer?)

You will still see for a microsecond the wording.

‘This machine will not operate in this country please contact your distributor”. But don’t cause Bruce gets angry lol.

I tried it [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

• Super Moderator
And we’ve been fitting these for years now. The ones out of Germany (courtesy of Jersey Jack were plug and play. According to Jack,Gary doesn’t own global pinball. I wonder if he feels the same now that he is a manufacturer?)

You will still see for a microsecond the wording.

‘This machine will not operate in this country please contact your distributor”. But don’t cause Bruce gets angry lol.

I tried it [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

These boards are designed and assembled here in Perth,the warning you see with the European boards doesnt come up with these ones,when using them on a Sam Cpu it is mounted on the back of the board,out of sight and very discreet.

They can also be used to convert the other way ie Euro/Au machine to work in the USA

These are cool, but out of interest, does this violate copy protection? Much like breaking software copy protection is a crime? I don't care, I think region protection like this is detrimental to everyone and anything that can get around it is a good thing. I am more just interested if this is totally accepted and legal, or somewhat of a legal grey area.

These boards are designed and assembled here in Perth,the warning you see with the European boards doesnt come up with these ones,when using them on a Sam Cpu it is mounted on the back of the board,out of sight and very discreet.

They can also be used to convert the other way ie Euro/Au machine to work in the USA

These sound better then Gibo and cheaper. Win win.

• Super Moderator
Has anyone ever got two boards (50hz and 60hz) next to each other and seen the difference?

Its the same board just programed at the factory to detect the frequency of the region

4d419204347ca65f784a3a4e7c74af074fd64d0f.thumb.jpg.47fc8c8c07d22f6522ac5dda41fd932b.jpg

4709e485ac01f1d79742bc2b00ed218c0c0107f4.thumb.jpg.f8ab7a35ddad1de1b903dab5a5ad58c9.jpg

Stern machines detect that a machine that should running on 60hz is running on 50 and it wont work. Sort of a pinball equivalent of DVD region coding

I believe DVD region coding was made illegal in OZ. I wondering if Stern's efforts would be deemed illegal too?

• Super Moderator
So can't it just be re-programmed?

Probably,let me know when you get into that menu and have generated a key ,we will give it a go

Until then this little board is your option or try and buy an Au programed CPU

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • Super Moderator
30 minutes ago, rusty_dagger said:

Any more news on this? I am considering importing a couple of used games given the shortage in Australia.

Yes I have convertor boards for Sam and Spike2

Spike1 is untested at this stage and will need a US cpu to confirm,also unsure if the new insider program will effect the Spike2s

PM me for details