Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

PSIO & NTSCJ PS1

Selling my PSIO. I've never used it and it's been sitting in a box for a couple years. Going to wait for the other ODE options that come out. I had the switch board installed into a NTSCJ PS1 by cybdyn. It also comes with a spare switch board so you can install it to another console if you want.

PSIO

NTSCJ PS1 with switch board installed

Spare switch board

$140 + shipping for everything

Edited by DoomsDave

Yep, big part of the reason why I'm selling it. They've been absolute shits lately. I haven't taken it out of the box and it seems pretty awesome once you get it running but I honestly can't be bothered troubleshooting it so going to wait for an x-station.

What's wrong with the company?

Voultar (and maybe others? IDK) pointed out that their claims about compatibility are nonsense (they claim only 2 games are incompatible, but they seem to consider that "if the game boots it's compatible" whereas Voultar's standards are higher), they turned around an decided that he's getting paid by a competitor and started a whole thing.

Then it came out that they reserve the right to dox you if they think you had anything to do with copying their designs... I can get that rip-offs out of south-east asia are a huge problem for folks designing these things, but the optics of this response weren't great (they literally used the words "the chinese").

But yeah, what it all boils down to is that the person in charge of their (cybdyn's) social media stuff shouldn't be anywhere near it. Too thin-skinned, and too short-sighted.

• Like 2

And every time they fix one problem, they break several more. It's a shame, as aussie hardware makers of things like this are rare.

That said - the PSIO is still a really good unit for what it is, and I don't regret getting mine at all.

• Like 1