Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

So what have you been 3D printing?

I've printed quite a few things since I bought my printer but the latest is a power button for my Commodore 1801 monitor.

69329f8b6a3d06f7c244b722f2952fba.jpg

I also printed a chassis for an internal Amiga Gotek floppy drive emulator. 08c2eaebbf27dba48cd01cf2859a494b.jpg

So what has everyone else been printing

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here is what is currently on the printer.

The light blue ghost that was an early one, the one behind I added 3mm of brim, to combat it lifting off the bed.

Need to pull/off and sand the brim, but seems to be working better.

There is currently the last cog on the printer, takes about 2hrs. First attempt failed the first layer, this one looks like it will be fine.

Pacman.thumb.jpg.50ed9e717293cfe6b834d9b0486044fe.jpg

I'll upload a photo and the thingieverse link (to where it was stolen from) when it is complete.

Red

Edited by Redback
light blue ghost

PacMan is still printing,

I'd thought I'd share probably my favourite print yet. (I do have two others 3d prints that came out good enough to share)

A Japanese style lantern. Designed to be a table number for a wedding.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2830063

I printed it in grey/white colour (heat) changing filament I got from Hobby King ($9/kg - but was $27kg when I ordered another reel, should have stock up at $9 ). Not sure why I didn't print it in black.

Lantern.thumb.jpg.d317b20c4c0cb3bf3a58c51d0a0caf8c.jpg

The middle was done in in transparent PLA and is hollow.

I printed the frame part in high def and it took 86hrs. (I didn't expect it to take that long)

Lid was printed in a lower low def around 8hrs and I believe around 8 hours for the trans.

Will probably put a led candle in it.

Red

PacMan is still printing,

I'd thought I'd share probably my favourite print yet. (I do have two others 3d prints that came out good enough to share)

A Japanese style lantern. Designed to be a table number for a wedding.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2830063

I printed it in grey/white colour (heat) changing filament I got from Hobby King ($9/kg - but was $27kg when I ordered another reel, should have stock up at $9 ). Not sure why I didn't print it in black.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]127255[/ATTACH]

The middle was done in in transparent PLA and is hollow.

I printed the frame part in high def and it took 86hrs. (I didn't expect it to take that long)

Lid was printed in a lower low def around 8hrs and I believe around 8 hours for the trans.

Will probably put a led candle in it.

Red

Cool. That's a nice but long print. How big is your print bed?

Cool. That's a nice but long print. How big is your print bed?

Had to google it,

Original Prusa i3 MK3

Build volume 25 x 21 x 21 cm | 9.84 x 8.3 x 8.3 in

Layer height 0.05 – 0.35 mm

Speed 200+ mm/s

Print surface removable magnetic heatbed / 3 types of PEI spring steel sheets

(doesn't say if they is length x width, height - so took a ruler to it, the 250 is across the front)

- though not too sure how well things would print near the edges.

Regs,

Red

- - - Updated - - -

This sign was right to the edge

Printed white, (didn't have red) then purple (changed a millimetre or two early should have seen the white) then changed to black for the raised lettering.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2830125

Sign.thumb.jpg.b6ba63c66531c9c485a8b7657a6de2b3.jpg

Hoping to remix with different text and stick guys to do the don't mess with my pinball sign that was floating around a few years ago.

Regs,

Red

Edited by Redback
added thingieverse link to org.

Pacman is finished

Source link https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2467301

(video on thingieverse that shows how it rotates 180deg)

Photos,

Pman.thumb.jpg.a2e5ab5a9af9b679a1b6ea72bf6dd7c7.jpg

Pacman2.thumb.jpg.b9be90d66b3a4ee1461b78d7e846901d.jpg

The blue/color ghost are crazy glued together, the glue doesn't give much time to align before they are held solid.

What are other people printing,

Red

Edited by Redback
needed to see which photo uploaded

3d-printed-stuff.thumb.jpg.d5e301a2c3b3cf6ab4c95953cb254f81.jpg

The DL-44 was a 25ish part print, all the pieces were sanded and fitted together really well.. Gave it to my Brother for X-mas, he is a massive Starwars-Solo fan.

the little Apple 2e raspberry Pi case was just because I could. With an adapter or two the HDMI etc routes out the back nicely.

All from thingyverse.

My son took in some Poly carbonate to school the other week so his teacher could roughly cut my banana flippers out on the school's bandsaw before I file finished them to exactly what I wanted.

His teacher said the other day, "tell your father the school has two 3D printers if he needs anything made on them. The school has heaps of material and no one is using them".

I'm thinking I may just take him up on that offer. A couple of custom flipper coil bobbins so I can wind my own coils.

What 3d material would handle the heat?. The wiring I'm using is 300c rating but the plastic will never get that hot and if it does it's toast anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
My latest print was a pair of knobs for some Atari paddles I found in a skip.[emoji6]

As found.

5a55860512aa1cee597cc498fb92f842.jpg

Cleaned up.

2d0bc642b9236eb470d95f10d88eabdb.jpg

And now complete and useable.[emoji16]f3a1b13062aba66bfbd2d4ad1ee24d31.jpg

Cheers Trev.

Nice Pair:cool:

• 1 month later...
Here is what is currently on the printer.

The light blue ghost that was an early one, the one behind I added 3mm of brim, to combat it lifting off the bed.

Need to pull/off and sand the brim, but seems to be working better.

There is currently the last cog on the printer, takes about 2hrs. First attempt failed the first layer, this one looks like it will be fine.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]127205[/ATTACH]

I'll upload a photo and the thingieverse link (to where it was stolen from) when it is complete.

Red

I use a Bostik glue stick to stop lifting on printing, Just smear the bed with it. works awesome,

might be worth a try