Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3d printing pinball parts/mods

Hey all,

Can anyone recommend a 3d printer and software to make pinball parts/mods/toppers etc?

Thanks
    -Dave

Hi Dave,

You will need to define your budget first and then look around from there. In the lower end, for about $300 you can get something which will be able to print around 200mm cubed. However these types of units often lack certain features and end up being used as a starting point instead of a final product. Like what Trav and I both did when we purchased Anycubic I3 Mega printers and then upgraded them ourselves to add features we wanted. Although we are still limited by the same print volume.

For a unit that is more or less ready to go out of the box with the same sort of build volume as above, your will probably spend around ~$500, but you really should not need to spend anything more on the unit for quite some time, unless you really wanted to.

If you want to be able to print parts of 300mm or bigger, then you are going to start looking at $1000+ for those units and again you will need to look closely at the different models and specs as they vary in what they can and cant do and what features they have or do not have.

A lot of people tend to start with a cheap and smaller unit to learn the in's and out's of 3d printing and then will progress onto something bigger and better once they have mastered the use of them.
    -- http://www.2000cn.com.au
    Business Web and Email Hosting and Spam filtering

Comment

Originally posted by cwispy View Post
      Hi Dave,

You will need to define your budget first and then look around from there. In the lower end, for about $300 you can get something which will be able to print around 200mm cubed. However these types of units often lack certain features and end up being used as a starting point instead of a final product. Like what Trav and I both did when we purchased Anycubic I3 Mega printers and then upgraded them ourselves to add features we wanted. Although we are still limited by the same print volume.

For a unit that is more or less ready to go out of the box with the same sort of build volume as above, your will probably spend around ~$500, but you really should not need to spend anything more on the unit for quite some time, unless you really wanted to.

If you want to be able to print parts of 300mm or bigger, then you are going to start looking at $1000+ for those units and again you will need to look closely at the different models and specs as they vary in what they can and cant do and what features they have or do not have.

A lot of people tend to start with a cheap and smaller unit to learn the in's and out's of 3d printing and then will progress onto something bigger and better once they have mastered the use of them.
      Going with an ender 3. Might get a resin one later on

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
      Working...
      X