Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anycubic I3 Mega 3D Printer. 3D Printer Newbie Experience.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Arcade King View Post
    IMG_20200114_161536.jpg
    One Glow in the dark He-Man done.
    Looks great. How you finding using petg? I've only tried it on a couple of occasions with a lot of stringing. What heat settings and feed settings are you using? It may be simply cheap ebay filament I purchased, I dunno

Comment

image_145824.jpg I'm in the process of making a Metallica pinball topper. Still got to paint the pistons and make some kind of mount/lighting

Comment

Originally posted by pinball god View Post

Looks great. How you finding using petg? I've only tried it on a couple of occasions with a lot of stringing. What heat settings and feed settings are you using? It may be simply cheap ebay filament I purchased, I dunno
        Same problem mate, I've had a hard time with petg. I made my octopi and camera case out of it and took several goes to do the case with the thin sides. The stringing is really bad but I'm positive I could reduce it once I can upgrade the carriage. After I do the Skeletor I'm going to have another crack at the X-Carriage upgrade in PetG
        I've noticed the stringing always goes the same direction as the fan blows so I think having the upgraded carriage which cools on both sides should make a significant difference.

Cura settings for eSun Purple PetG at 230c 80c bed, print speed 50 outer/inner walls 30, Union overlapping off, Combing Off, Fan off for first 3 layers then 100%. retraction 5mm, retraction speed 60mm/s (this is what I did my octopi holder at). Some people recommend no or reduced cooling but for me the prints come out globby like hot glue.
        From what I've read most people expect a lot more stringing with PetG I'll let you know how my carriage comes out using above settings.

Comment

Originally posted by Arcade King View Post

Same problem mate, I've had a hard time with petg. I made my octopi and camera case out of it and took several goes to do the case with the thin sides. The stringing is really bad but I'm positive I could reduce it once I can upgrade the carriage. After I do the Skeletor I'm going to have another crack at the X-Carriage upgrade in PetG
          I've noticed the stringing always goes the same direction as the fan blows so I think having the upgraded carriage which cools on both sides should make a significant difference.

Cura settings for eSun Purple PetG at 230c 80c bed, print speed 50 outer/inner walls 30, Union overlapping off, Combing Off, Fan off for first 3 layers then 100%. retraction 5mm, retraction speed 60mm/s (this is what I did my octopi holder at). Some people recommend no or reduced cooling but for me the prints come out globby like hot glue.
          From what I've read most people expect a lot more stringing with PetG I'll let you know how my carriage comes out using above settings.
          Thanks mate appreciate it. Got some abs but worried to use it as my printer is in my office and am worried about the fumes. Have you made an enclosure or us the fume scare an over reaction?

Comment

I got the anycubic I3 for Christmas, I think its a great little printer, I haven't modded it yet, just printing almost everything I can find for a bit of fun. Great little printer.

Comment

I decided to grab something else for myself for xmas, but i really needs to get me a printer soon

Failing that i need to find someone who'd like to "test" a few prints for me The problem is i keep coming up with more things i want to print.

Comment

Originally posted by pinball god View Post

Thanks mate appreciate it. Got some abs but worried to use it as my printer is in my office and am worried about the fumes. Have you made an enclosure or us the fume scare an over reaction?
                I used eSun ABS+ Black and a Yellow bought specially for that Carriage. I didn't find it too fumes to be too bad, the back was worse than the yellow though and I didn't use a enclosure being QLD and stinking hot right now.

Originally posted by buttersoft View Post
                I decided to grab something else for myself for xmas, but i really needs to get me a printer soon

Failing that i need to find someone who'd like to "test" a few prints for me The problem is i keep coming up with more things i want to print.
                Always happy to help if you can't find somebody local.

IMG_20200115_085229[1].jpg
                Skeletor done...I think I had the speed dialed up too high on this one You can see that line around his neck and overall quality isn't as good as He-Man.
                I wondered why this was already done this morning lol He-Man took almost a full day.

Comment

IMG_20200117_135345[1].jpg
                  Here's the Carriage done in PetG. You can see the stringiness compared to the black ABS however that's easy to clean up, the ABS looks nicer though. I've noticed straight away the tolerances are much better on the PetG, I was able to push M3 screws and the nuts into the slots much easier due to PetG being a bit softer. There was defiantly some shrinkage in the ABS print.
                  No cooling on the ABS however I set it to 60% on the PetG.

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                  Working...
                  X