Sovol SV01 3D Printer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sovol SV01 3D Printer

Just purchased a Sovol SV01 after wanting to upgrade from my Aldi Cocoon Create printer.

https://sovol3d.com/

Early days yet but so far I am loving it, thoroughly impressed. It has a lot of useful features and is really well built / designed. It's from a team that branched off from Creality and they use most of their components.

It's all high end stuff at a budget price. It runs so smoothly and prints are turning out very nicely with no constant tweaking and intervention. Best thing for me is the heated glass bed. Prints are sticking to it like glue and I no longer have to use a brim or a raft. Let it cool down after printing and they just pop off.

Check the specs in the link, it's pretty comprehensive.

Will update as time progresses, but so far I really recommend this printer to someone wanting a lot more performance without spending much more money than say an Ender 3.
    SEGA love: | Nintendo love:
    PC Engine love: | Latest retro finds:

Looks a lot like the Creality Ender 3. Nice one!

Comment

Similar but with some differences.

Dual Z axis motors, larger build volume, direct drive extrusion, glass bed, BL Touch ready. It also has thermal protection, filament sensor and a Mean Well power supply as standard. I think these are available on the Ender 3 pending version, I kind of get lost in all the Ender 3 models.

Comment

Good review here
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7J4sQ9GTljU&t=214s

Can't decide which one I want. Biggest turn off is people talking about mods and upgrades out of the box on a lot of these printers.

Comment

There's not really anything to mod on the SV01 which is partly why I chose it.

Direct drive extrusion means you can print with pretty much any filament you like.

Heated glass bed makes levelling a breeze and prints actually stick to the bed.

You can upgrade to a BL Touch sensor to somewhat automate levelling but I'm finding it's not necessary. I purchased the levelling kit but at this stage have no plans on installing it.

Aside from that, it's a sturdy, rigid and smooth moving unit meaning no vibrations, shimmers in prints etc.

It will pause if you run out of filament mid print and you can resume a print in the event of a power failure.

Build volume is massive so you're unlikely to outgrow it any time soon.

Stock in Australia so shipping is a week or less.

Great communication and customer service.

It ticked all my boxes.

I was going to grab an Ender 3 but the Sovol offers so much more at only a marginal difference in price. They run deals all the time, I paid $269 US from their recent Halloween sale.

Comment

After a lot of consideration I went with the Anycubic i3 Mega. I was so close to getting a Creality Ender 5
            Ticks all the boxes for me, not too big, well built and from the reviews seems to print fantastic out of the box and it's less than 300 AU
            I'm going to grab the upgrade kit for it for $35 which is cheaper than the extra $100 to buy the S version...makes no sense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCD2nZyWzbk

Comment

Let me know what it's like, I have a friend looking at buying the same printer.

Comment

Will do mate and same for you, keen to see how you go.

I thought i3 Mega was pretty good value for somebody who's green to 3D printing.

Comment

So far so good with the SV01. Been doing a few prints here and there each night and they're turning out amazingly.

I3 Mega is a popular choice, it has heaps of features and I can't see it giving you any problems. It's all down to the assembly and time you put in setting things up I think, printers are pretty simple when you break them down.

Coming from a lower end printer to the SV01 the two main improvements that I've noticed have been bed adhesion and the quality of prints. My Aldi printer really requires a lot more effort to get prints looking right and sticking to the bed, and it's best prints aren't as nicely finished as what I'm getting from the SV01.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank_fjs View Post
                    So far so good with the SV01. Been doing a few prints here and there each night and they're turning out amazingly.

I3 Mega is a popular choice, it has heaps of features and I can't see it giving you any problems. It's all down to the assembly and time you put in setting things up I think, printers are pretty simple when you break them down.

Coming from a lower end printer to the SV01 the two main improvements that I've noticed have been bed adhesion and the quality of prints. My Aldi printer really requires a lot more effort to get prints looking right and sticking to the bed, and it's best prints aren't as nicely finished as what I'm getting from the SV01.
                    pics or it didn't happen

Comment

IMG20191104212854.jpg

Not very exciting, my very first print. It's a test cube to evaluate accuracy on all axis.

Comment

It's all new to me mate so very exciting

Comment

You should download and install Cura, in preparation of the printer arriving. Get that all configured and ready to go.

Suss out thingverse.com too for any models you may like.

Comment

Some very cheap printers out, 300 bucks for that Anycubic is great value.

I have a Tiertime 300Up and it's fantastic.

- Con

Comment

Hmmm, i've been sizing up my options in the 3D printer zone, waiting to strike. The SV01 looks nice, though the website is a little screwy. The text captions under the pictures for example:

Clean Cable Mangement
                              The amino acids in protein are the building blocks of muscle protein synthesis. A whey protein shake consumed before or after ex
                              Probably just some Lorem ipsum.

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X