Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Gonna Start a new build

Hi Im from over the ditch, I am about to embark on a build, I am a carpenter by trade and have use of a joinery shop to do the build, I am new so be kind if I ask a dumb question LOL.

I am starting by buying my monitors and going from there. I am thinking of a 43 inch TV and doing an extra wide Cabinet. I have a bit of experience of working with metal and have a shop I can use and get a guy to help me fab up anything. So making legs could be an option etc.

• Like 1

• Administrators

:welcome:

Honestly I think that monitor is massivly oversize. The cabinet will be HUGE and take up too much much unless you're going for a wall mount screen and pedestal base instead

Cheers,

Brad

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
Ok cool so go standard size Cab, 40inch?

The std old school monitors in a stand up cab were only 19". Then during the late 80's they went to 25-26" With pedestal type bases etc they went wider. 40" inside a cab is far too big. Your cab would be huge.

I mean calc your finished cab size based on the size of the screen and then measure up where you;ll put it. It'll take up a LOT of space.

Brad

• Administrators
Are you talking about a virtual pinball build or an arcade setup?

Actually good point. He doesn't say so I assumed Arcade Machine but the use of plural monitors makes me think you're right. He's building a pinball cab. My bad. Carry on and ignore all of the abovr

Brad