A question to tournament poker players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question to tournament poker players

What are the next players options in the following scenario?

9 players.

Seats 7/8 are sb/bb for 200,000/400,000.
    Seat 9 is first to act and raises to 1,000,000
    Seat 1 folds
    Seat 2 raises All In for 1,350,000

What are the next player to act's options?
    Last edited by ItsUrFeminitzNYImNietYoma; 8th December 2019, 04:21 PM.
    - The universe is made up of protons, electrons, neutrons and morons.

- I'm not superstitious... but I am a little stitious

Pull out a gun and say I win

Comment

Originally posted by pinball god View Post
      Pull out a gun and say I win
      [emoji848]🤦*♂️

Sent from your mums iPhone using Aussie Arcade

Comment

Originally posted by ItsUrFeminitzNYImNietYoma View Post
        What are the next players options in the following scenario?

9 players.

Seats 7/8 are sb/bb for 200,000/400,000.
        Seat 9 is first to act and raises to 1,000,000
        Seat 1 folds
        Seat 2 raises All In for 1,350,000

What are the next player to act's options?
        Call or re-raise. They have the option of re-raising as they have not acted pre-flop yet. Had they flatted for 1 mill and someone after them goes all in for 1.35 mill, then they can only call.

Comment

Originally posted by RGR View Post
          Call or re-raise.
          What's the min re-raise? And if every/anyone just flat calls the all-in, what are the first raisers (seat 9) options?

Comment

Min raise is $1m - bb of $400k = $600k. $1.6 mill would be the next min raise

Comment

Originally posted by RGR View Post
              Min raise is $1m - bb of $400k = $600k. $1.6 mill would be the next min raise
              Thanks Richard, that's what we thought but the guys we play with are pub poker players and apparently pub rules are, first off, min raise is double the 'whole' raise (math is hard for pub players ), making a min raise be 2 mill, not 1.6. And secondly, because there was an all in over the top for 350,000 more than the initial raise of 1 mill, the next person to act MUST Raise to 2 mil minimum or fold, NOT call the 1.35 or raise (smh!). Their pub rules force the next player to act, to raise or fold, not call!?!? Therefore automatically giving the all in player a sort of protection

But the "TD" ruled, call the all in, or raise to double the all in (2.7 mill), or fold...

Comment

Thanks Richard, that's what we thought but the guys we play with are pub poker players and apparently pub rules are, first off, min raise is double the 'whole' raise (math is hard for pub players ), making a min raise be 2 mill, not 1.6. And secondly, because there was an all in over the top for 350,000 more than the initial raise of 1 mill, the next person to act MUST Raise to 2 mil minimum or fold, NOT call the 1.35 or raise (smh!). Their pub rules force the next player to act, to raise or fold, not call!?!? Therefore automatically giving the all in player a sort of protection

But the "TD" ruled, call the all in, or raise to double the all in (2.7 mill), or fold...
                Um could you run that by me again, but a little slower this time lol

Comment

The initial raise was 600k. Normally if the player who made it had more than 1.35mill they would have to make it upto 1.6mill. They are not taking into account the blinds.... They are just adding the previous bets.

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                  Working...
                  X