Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Show off your guitar

jason1

:118: :120: :sm1:

:eek2:

:blosh.thumb:

Office wall pic. I've mostly been playing the walnut Warmoth lately. The mutilated Ibanez has been my main guitar for 20+ years but it and the purpleheart 8 are in dire need of fresh strings and proper cleaning and setups. Those 2 been kind of the sacrificial lambs for pickup prototyping, I only recently strung up a proper pickup test guitar so they don't get any more butchered. The PRS is there because it's a better Les Paul so makes a good reference. Sounds great but I find carved tops uncomfortable. The Heartfield is from a period of Japanese manufacture I find really interesting because they were producing excellent quality while also experimenting with new ideas (late '80s, early '90s).

DSC_0747.thumb.jpg.204d113b9b932930a9f569be6f11dba9.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

That Stingray is nice. The black parts give it a vibe like the old G&L hardware. How well does the neck position pickup work? I've never had a chance to try a MM pickup towards the neck.

How well does the neck position pickup work? I've never had a chance to try a MM pickup towards the neck.

It's my first bass and I haven't been playing long so I don't have anything to compare it to.

The 2 pickups have 5 settings (notice the slider above the 2nd & 3rd dials). Setting 1 is only the 1st pickup is on, setting 2 is 1st on and half the 2nd is on, setting 3 is both are on and 4 & 5 are the opposite of 1 & 2. I have mine set to 3 and rest my thumb on the 1st pickup. This gives me the bassiest sound. Playing over the 2nd pickup or closer to the bridge (and on any of the other 4 settings) gives a more tinny sound.

Did that answer your question? I'm a noob to this.

That's a damn fine bass to be learning on :)

I guess I was more asking if the neck pickup got too muddy and bassy. The MM pickups sense a broad area already so you get a beefy sound out of them to start with. It'll depend a lot on what you're running through. You should get some excellent slap tones out of positions 2 and 4 btw, if that's your thing ;)

That's a damn fine bass to be learning on :)

So I keep getting told :D. I wasn't planning on buying a 'nice bass' until I earned the privilege to, but the ca$h opportunity came up where I could afford one (and an amp) so I bought them.

I guess I was more asking if the neck pickup got too muddy and bassy. The MM pickups sense a broad area already so you get a beefy sound out of them to start with. It'll depend a lot on what you're running through.

Too bassy is not in my vocabulary so I couldn't tell you :unsure.

You should get some excellent slap tones out of positions 2 and 4 btw, if that's your thing ;)

It will be once I work out how to slap :lol. I one day hope to take up the mantle of Louis Johnson now that he passed on of "Thunder Thumbs"!!

What about yours...

My pride and joy Is My USA 1980's series one Peavey Vandenberg

very fast guitar to play.

I just upgraded to Actives a few days ago, with EMG81 at bridge and EMG SA at neck

So now its fast and noisy lol

mypeavey.thumb.jpg.60fed0e27cbb8786e8c64dfa6f0c76d5.jpg

My acoustic IS A Jap Takamine

Picked up this '07 Schecter a couple of months ago, really liking it.

schecter.jpg.245359674982f038f1ac339774af173a.jpg

Also have a 70s Jap Takamine acoustic, Lawsuit era Jap Les Paul (possible Ibanez? - Needs a decent overhaul) and a Korean Fender acoustic which is taking a beating from the kids.

@dpm your guitars look awesome

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160729/55e9664eaa99f8c38200e791b91682ef.jpg

This is my least favourite one, but I'm currently gigging with it every weekend as the others are in need of repair. [emoji13]

Stingray 5 HH.

• 1 month later...

This is my Black Orville by Gibson LP custom(1990) Gold top is my mates Gibson left handed(2011).

Hard to which one plays better as I can't play left handed... Nice guitars the Orvilles & a lot cheaper than their Gibson counterparts.

Orville.thumb.jpg.c31c695011581a7584d0e89c11f60cb5.jpg

The Greco has no serial but it has the open O so I believe it's a Mint Series which makes it 1981 -1987. The JMP is original. Only one amp is mine though- they were some of this week's repairs and I thought it would make a good photo. Z

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Here are my guitars that i have left after having sold off others to fund pin purchases etc.

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k306/mrpinbol/My%20Axes/RIMG0001_zpsniilwwiu.jpg

My "bitsa" Fender Telecaster, neck from one guitar, body from another etc, Kinman vintage pickups.

"85 Jap Stratocaster (best sounding guitar of the lot believe it or not!!) Solid brass bridge/saddles, Locking tuners, Kinman and Seymour Duncan pickups.

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k306/mrpinbol/My%20Axes/RIMG0002_zps4rmx0vij.jpg

"92 black Mexican Strat, and my home made Strat copy i built about 30 years ago

Kinman and Seymour Duncan pickups, locking tuners on both guitars.

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k306/mrpinbol/My%20Axes/RIMG0003_zpssbtutg1h.jpg

My green 40th Anniversary Strat and my chrome blue 2004 Strat.. Same pickup combination and tuners as the other strats

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k306/mrpinbol/My%20Axes/RIMG0004_zpsmmzmjhtt.jpg

I bought this thing for $50,

The Missus wanted a guitar so I found this one that was pulled apart sitting in a shed.

a case of some Drop kick not knowing how to play a guitar, so the guitar went into the shed and got rusty.

Then one day they decided to pull it apart to clean it up and didnt know how to put it back together.

For some reason the person throught it was a good idea to tighten the truss rod and Put a 5mm arch in the neck.

At about the 7th fret the strings would not only hit the fret they were stuck on it.

How they didnt strip the thread on the retainer I have no idea. lol

ibanbefore1.jpg.db7b683568cfe8a2106f851b4d9c36aa.jpg

ibanbefore3.thumb.jpg.59c8071c8ad98a620856ad5ddcd1f6fb.jpg

ibanezbefore2.jpg.030fb692f39ac7a4604acf33c71bb9a1.jpg

so we restored the old Ibanez and ended up with a nice guitar for her, Its regular old Ibanez so its nothing special, but Is a nice guitar over all and plays well

the Body was covered in scratches, The body was given a big machine buff to remove those scratches and it came up like new. everything on this guitar got over hauled, some wiring issues with the PUPs and Pots and selector switch needed fixing, we we did that also

the frets were dried out really bad they needed attention, restained the dry faded frets and then finished them with some Lemon oil

ibanafter1.thumb.jpg.66c2c2b610afe0cfc47357d348ad525f.jpg

ibanudring.jpg.6a540eef8850c8319e20b71e94de7435.jpg

Went to the music shop to replace missing hardware, Its My missus guitar so she got the choice todo what ever so she picked some blingy bits and pieces, lol

She opted for the Gold and chrome Floyd string locks, chrome tone and volume knobs, and a fender tele selector switch, It already had the chrome Floyd Rose Trem, so this combo looked pretty good IMO,

It came up really good, Loosened the truss rod, fixed the neck arch and got the action down nice and low.

She did most of the work, I just guided her through the setup parts, Now she would be able to strip down a guitar fully and rebuild it and set it up.

this Guitar now plays better than it would have out of the factory

Libbysguitarfini.thumb.jpg.6162c98d1a76b8cb2ffdfd5a2dcec41a.jpg

Now im Not a guitar Whore,lol Im A one guitar type of person, But i Am considering buying Charvel Jackson model 6 Or a Jackson Soloist, I have a softspot for Jackson guitars always wanted one as a teen, so i might break my one guitar rule lol,

I love 1980's guitars, 80's Guitars shred like nothing else.

Edited by jason1