Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

QUEEN

Not sure how many here are into these lads, but i personally think they are in the top 3 of all time party/rock bands:cool: Freddie Mercury has to be one of the greatest singer/composer/on stage personalities of all time!

Tunes like, Tie Your Mother Down, Flash, Killer Queen, Your My Best Friend, Hammer To Fall......also the old favs.... Another One Bites The Dust, Bohemian Rhapsody, Crazy Little Thing Called Love, Under Pressure, Fat Bottomed Girls, all awesome tunes in my opinion.

Brian May is a genius on guitar, hardly talked about on bass is John Deacon, and Roger Taylor on Drums. Bit of trivia.......Roger Taylor is also the name of Duran Durans drummer. There are 3 Taylors in in Duran Duran, Roger Taylor, Andy Taylor and John Taylor......none of them are related:o

Back to Queen though, Id like to know how many of you guys n gals like the old Queen and rate them? I will rate them as a 9.5 as a band, 9.5 as entertainers. I know thats high, but i think they are unique and exceptional:)

i was brought up on Queen

i so wanted to go to one fo their concerts when i was younger

i have bugger all of their cds left in my collection, everyone has borrowed them and never returned them

but for sure Freddy Mercury was an incredible entertainer and had a voice that was just so bloody amazing as well

they sure were an amazing and pioneering band for sure and turned the rock n roll world on their head with a number of their songs

i still have a few of their albums on dvd and a few of Freddy Mercurys dvds as well.

Amazing, Amazing stuff

some of my favorite songs are fat bottomed girls, invisible man, kind of magic, save me, death on two legs, friends will be friends, fun it, good old fashioned lover boy, headlong, ***i want to break free*** (this is a bloody ripa....the film clip always makes me laugh) , i want it all , lazing on a sunday afternoon, made in heaven , pain is so close to pleasure, dancer , save me, seven seas of rhye, somebody to love, ****the miracle **** (i love this song...bloody magic bit of gear) , too much love will kill you., we are the champions, we will rock you, your my best friend

Queen Rock!

love' em:cool:

• 7 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

there are allot of over rated bands of that era, and Im not a queen fan per say, But even saying that its bloody hard to deny the fact they are one of the greatest bands of all time.

They are real musicians, the vocals are amazing, great guitar work, great drums, the lyrics are very smart, and they deserve every ounce of respect they have. They were the real deal no doubt about that, Ground breaking and original.

And yes Freddie would be one of the greatest Vocalists of all time.

So if A hardcore queen fan came up to me and said queen is the most talented bands of all time, It would be hard to say other wise even if your not a hard core queen fan your self.

I can think of only a hand full of bands that are in their league as far as talent.

Yep love em since a lad when my older brother brought home Queen II LP and I was hooked. Have all their vinyl including some of the picture discs. Saw them in '85 at the Sydney Entertainment Centre and it is still one of the best shows I ever saw.

Freddy was not just a great vocalist but a fantastic pianist, and one of the greatest frontmen in rock who knew how to connect with any audience anywhere! One of the bands I'll never stop listening to.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Aussie Arcade mobile app

Led zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Queen, The beatles, Jimi Hendrix, The doors, CCR, Micheal Jackson Thriller, Bob Dylan, Deep purple, Dio, Slayer, Rush, Bob marley, johnny cash, Motley Crue, Def leppard, Dire Straights, At least 5 of those would be huge sellers so enough music for stern to keep us interested.

Led zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Queen, The beatles, Jimi Hendrix, The doors, CCR, Micheal Jackson Thriller, Bob Dylan, Deep purple, Dio, Slayer, Rush, Bob marley, johnny cash, Motley Crue, Def leppard, Dire Straights, At least 5 of those would be huge sellers so enough music for stern to keep us interested.

Led Zepplin at least up till 18mths ago was impossible due to not paying enough for the license, and Plant and Page not agreeing on anything.

The Beatles is supposedly already in the pipe but the rumour is only as a super LE because the license was so expensive.

Hendrix is also rumoured.

Rush is likely because of their popularity in North America.

The only other two on there that are likely are The Doors, and Michael Jackson. Def Leppard and Motley Crue are fringe. I'd love Black Sabbath but what are the chances?

Best case they've got say 6 off your list, with outside 8, and 3 of them are rumoured to already be taken. With the rights to Queen being sat on by Pinball Brothers.

They put out 3 games a year give or take, that is 2 years of production at best.

Of that list i would interested only in

led zeppelin

Queen

Jimi Hendrix

The Doors

Dire Straits as a pinball, sounds like a yawnfest :)