• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our 13yo so wants to go [emoji33]

My ears rang for three days back in the 90ís concert [emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by jason1 View Post
      Id say for many bands that would be the case, especially in the early years, likely have no control over anything.
      But How little power would Metallica actually have with a label?
      I wouldnt imagine they could be pushed around to easily.
      there are some bands who get to a certain level that would have even the head of the biggest label on earth bend over and take it from behind if the Band requested it.
      Metallica are pretty brutal business wise, we all remember the Napster thingy, Im not sure they are a band who are just along for the ride.
      They have ownership of much of their content now dont they with the Blackened label?
      It's all good, Jason, however you may be missing my sentiment.

I don't feel that Metallica are being pushed around... I feel that they've become part of the system, therefore should/could use their influence to contract kids to genuine music.

Originally posted by Noob-A-Tron View Post
      Originally posted by mckie1 View Post
      My ears rang for three days back in the 90’s concert
      ... I think it was about $70 back in the early 90's when i seen them last
      What did you guys think of Kyuss?

Originally posted by mckie1 View Post
      Our 13yo so wants to go
      Go fund me - I'll chuck in a lobster.

I don't suppose there's many non Metallica fans reading this post (perhaps maybe Pat), however like 'em or not, both Metallica and Slipknot's music is genuine stuff.

I prefer a player who had more skill in two fingers than the entirety of Slipknot and Metallica, and with an attitude of 'If I'm not where you want me to be, then I am where I aim'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQhTpgicdx4

Cheers,

G

Comment

Lars getting us back for the Napster days i reckon with those prices. I think it was about $70 back in the early 90's when i seen them last

- - - Updated - - -

The Net worth of Metallica is more than $850 million yep doing it hard. $3500 for a meet and greet. They should pick out 100 tickets for each concert Greed!
        wow, $3500 for the VIP, thats insane, No band is worth that. Ive been to my fair share of VIP meet and greets, $500-$600 is typical for a big Band.
        and with 100 other people in the room and very big restrictions on what you can and cant ask, you see the band for 10 minutes whole they sit in front of you on chairs, Sometimes get a photo and if your lucky you may get to ask a 20second question. but with 100 people competing your very lucky to get a question in.
        some bands are also more greedier with the VIP packages than others, Ive been to bands that Will give you a big bag of really good stuff along with the VIP, with teeshirts, towels and signed posters and so on, with early entry, then others have just given you a couple of cheap stickers and usher you back to GA standing late so you dont even get a good standing position.

so for $3500 you would expect to be offered a hot groupie for a few hours, a boot full of Merch and stand on stage for that sort of money, ahaha

I don't feel that Metallica are being pushed around... I feel that they've become part of the system,
        That would certainly be the case.
        Last edited by jason1; 13th March 2019, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by G View Post

What did you guys think of Kyuss?

G
          I saw the ...And Justice For All show in Sydney .. then they released that soft core Black Album shit and it turned me off them... but when i heard they were touring it with Kyuss i near had a heart attack.. I watched Kyuss and Metallica three times in one week. Kyuss will always be in my top five fave bands.

Comment

Originally posted by spudly View Post
            ... Kyuss will always be in my top five fave bands.
            Although Kyuss don't resonate exactly that way with me... I like you.

Kyuss are currently in my top twenty or so, however there's millions of bands I've never heard before.

Cheers,

G

Comment

Originally posted by spudly View Post
              I saw the ...And Justice For All show in Sydney .. then they released that soft core Black Album shit and it turned me off them... but when i heard they were touring it with Kyuss i near had a heart attack.. I watched Kyuss and Metallica three times in one week. Kyuss will always be in my top five fave bands.
              I was at the Syd Ent Centre show. Thatís the last time I saw them. Wasnít the guy from QOTSA something to do with Kyuss back then?

Comment

Originally posted by 1.21 Gigawatts View Post
                I was at the Syd Ent Centre show. Thatís the last time I saw them. Wasnít the guy from QOTSA something to do with Kyuss back then?
                Absolutely.. Josh Homme was the Kyuss guitarist from day one .. when they split, he and two other members formed Queens and the rest is history. But for me, and this is just my opinion, QOTSA lost their groove after Songs for the Deaf... and a few years back when John Garcia and Brant Bjork wanted to reform Kyuss... Josh wouldn't have it and threatened to take legal action if they did... so they reformed as Kyuss Lives and toured without him ..and it made me very happy.

Comment

Just got Awesome seats **** Yeah!

Comment

Just got Awesome seats **** Yeah!
                    Likewise! Pumped for this

haven't seen them since they toured for the Black album which was waaaayyyyyyyy back in '92

wow!

Comment

IMG_2428.jpg

IMG_2440.jpg

Comment

Kill em all was there best album i think
                        live between the flip and the tilt

Comment

Originally posted by oldhank View Post
                          Kill em all was there best album i think
                          Definitely a good 1st album.

Master of Puppets is pure gold.

The musicality of that is insane and to think they wrote that album in their early 20's just blows me away. FREAKS.

Comment

Originally posted by radirgyman View Post
                            Definitely a good 1st album.

Master of Puppets is pure gold.

The musicality of that is insane and to think they wrote that album in their early 20's just blows me away. FREAKS.
                            Kill em all was originally called metal up your a%$ų
                            live between the flip and the tilt

Comment

Originally posted by oldhank View Post
                              Kill em all was originally called metal up your a%$ų
                              I know.

Pretty brutal. Haha

Comment

Dave mustaine fan? Justice for all has some solid Drumming love that album for that.

Been listening to the original covers from Garage days some cool stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f42MLoLbnnQ

- - - Updated - - -

And my favorite cover Metallica did

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbgv587ooNM

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                                Working...
                                X