Revitalised black bumpers hack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Revitalised black bumpers hack

Call me cheap but I didn't want to spend $20 on black bumper revitaliser for my old ute. Did some research and found out that the black plastic bumper fades to grey as a result of the vinyl losing its oil content. So I wiped on cheap vegetable oil (about 30c worth) and it came up as good as new.IMG20190814163447.jpeg

Sent from my CPH1701 using Aussie Arcade mobile app
    Wanted: Aquarius backglass, any Gottlieb EM bits and pieces - nothing is junk to me

Ok since you asked you are cheap [emoji23][emoji23]

But the bumpers look good hopefully the vegetable oil doesn’t go mouldy or anything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If the bumpers are textured plastic they collect road grime that sticks and builds up over time
      A good harsh scrub with a stiff plastic brush and jif cleans the funk off and then a coat of armour all brings them up like new.
      I used to do this about every two years on my old sigma and it always come up like new.

Comment

I don't recognise that model Mitsu ute front??. Was it an aussie one?
        http://www.aussiearcade.com.au/forum.../138-RAIL-WAYS

Comment

My kelpie would smell that cooking oil coated bumper a block away and spend the day licking it.

Comment

Originally posted by Railways View Post
            I don't recognise that model Mitsu ute front??. Was it an aussie one?
            Triton MK built in 2000.

Sent from my CPH1701 using Aussie Arcade mobile app
            Wanted: Aquarius backglass, any Gottlieb EM bits and pieces - nothing is junk to me

Comment

And on a hot summer's day you can fry up on the bumper

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
              Working...
              X