Gosford Car Museum Auction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gosford Car Museum Auction

Noticed tonight that the Lloyds auction for the Gosford Car Museum this weekend. Will be interesting to see what some of the cars go for.

At the "Back to the Fifties" museum auction at cameron park recently everything went for stupid money . There were a few pinnies there too that went well overpriced
    PIMP YOUR PINS

Comment

Originally posted by kayakkingoz View Post
      At the "Back to the Fifties" museum auction at cameron park recently everything went for stupid money . There were a few pinnies there too that went well overpriced
      I was there for some of it, still can't get over how much the reproduction novelty gas pumps and signs went for.

I found some of the reproduction golden fleece signs online for a couple of hundred, yet at the auction people were paying in the thousands for them....

Comment

Originally posted by Benny View Post
        I was there for some of it, still can't get over how much the reproduction novelty gas pumps and signs went for.

I found some of the reproduction golden fleece signs online for a couple of hundred, yet at the auction people were paying in the thousands for them....
        All auctions are the same, only a few seasoned people will do research, the rest just think that because its a auction stuff will go cheap.

I was at a truck auction yesterday and watched some ex mine trucks go pretty cheap, then there were the same model mine trucks that had been stripped with no running gear etc go for twice the money .

Being a classic car auction you can bet there will be a heap of collectors after the same cars, so prices are going to be up there.

Comment

Originally posted by prktkljokr View Post
          All auctions are the same, only a few seasoned people will do research, the rest just think that because its a auction stuff will go cheap.

I was at a truck auction yesterday and watched some ex mine trucks go pretty cheap, then there were the same model mine trucks that had been stripped with no running gear etc go for twice the money .

Being a classic car auction you can bet there will be a heap of collectors after the same cars, so prices are going to be up there.
          Todds has a habit of slipping repro stuff thru

I find safest bet is to try and hit clearing sales way out od town these days if up for road trips
          you can always expect change in life..except from vending machines

Comment

Originally posted by narf_ View Post
            Todds has a habit of slipping repro stuff thru

I find safest bet is to try and hit clearing sales way out od town these days if up for road trips
            Been to some country auctions where there has been some repro stuff, the auctioneer covers his ass by saying that they dont know if the item is original or repro, they know that some idiot will pay too much for it.

Comment

Originally posted by prktkljokr View Post
              Been to some country auctions where there has been some repro stuff, the auctioneer covers his ass by saying that they dont know if the item is original or repro, they know that some idiot will pay too much for it.
              Our local does that since got stung while ago by accident

Im lucky a young guy collects near the folks and is good for pointers when asked.

Touchwood my last oil item was $2 at a garage sale so worth a risk
              you can always expect change in life..except from vending machines

Comment

Originally posted by kayakkingoz View Post
                Saw glen jennings, the owner of the museum, driving around the other week in a silver cobra.

Comment

Doesn't list what sold or passed in

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                  Working...
                  X