NBN, are you happy? I need help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBN, are you happy? I need help!

I just got the dreaded letter advising me that my awesome cable internet connection is going to be turned off in roughly 6 months.

I am with Optus and I currently get unlimited data, 100mbs, home phone with STD, mobiles and local included for $90 a month non contract! I have been with them for years and have been dreading this letter.

I want to get peoples feedback on your NBN experience, I am yet to see an equivalent NBN plan to mine for the same value and from what i can tell it will be SLOWER! So I am going to pay more for slower internet, really!?!

Anyway, (breathe) which proividers seem to have good speeds at peak times? I have no issue with cable and what I hear about NBN scares me.

Also is satellite any good? I have heard good things about that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

just replying so i can track responses, i'm keen to hear NBN stories too.

i can only get 4G internet where i'm living, and NBN is still mid next year.

One thing i noticed is my 4G plan has more data and better speed for same price NBN plan my mum has using a low tier plan with Dodo. That's wacky

Comment

Hey Guys,

I have Fibre to the Home with Optus at 100Mb/s and quite regularly hit that speed. I think I pay around $100 per month for it which includes all national calls and unlimited data. i have been with them for nearly 3 years now. Unfortunately a lot of places don't get FTTH and from what I have heard FTTN is really crap.

Dave

Comment

I have had Telstra nbn for just under 12 months and it has been horrendous
        I report to the ombudsman to resolve the first bout of shocking speeds and dropouts.
        Started dropping out again about six weeks ago and maybe resolved yesterday, time will tell.....

Comment

Won't be long before I am in the same boat and I will lose my 115mbit Telstra Cable.

F*ckers. I care about very few things in this world. The internet is one of them and they've gone and made it worse.

From my tech head mates, I hear good things about Aussie Broadband, as *good* as anything about FTTN NBN.

Comment

I am in charge of our comms and all things IT for our company, we have Branch offices in each state and have various connections ADSL, Aggregated copper, copper over ethernet, direct fibre and lastly the dreaded NBN.
            Well almost. For the last three months the NBN was being provisioned for our Brisbane office's and it STILL is not working. So far the service providers have managed to knock out the current internet connection 3 times for at least 4 hours on each occasion from errors they have made attempting to provision the set up.
            I have staved off request's from staff about getting NBN because there was no Business Grade service , no SLA's and no symetrical services offered in the area in Brisbane we are attempting to get connected.
            As far as I am concerned NBN is a cluster f*&(&.
            Your mileage may vary.
            Good Luck.

Comment

Just changed from Telstra cable to nbn recently.

Download speed average 25% less
              Upload 50% more
              Dropouts every 3 or 4 days
              Happy...no

Comment

Originally posted by KJS View Post
                Just changed from Telstra cable to nbn recently.

Download speed average 25% less
                Upload 50% more
                Dropouts every 3 or 4 days
                Happy...no
                I have had NBN guys in my street frequently these days, I am holding out until the last possible moment and they force me to change. They can go and f*ck themselves.

Comment

I'm also on 115mbit Telstra cable and don't want to change. Luckily my rollout isn't planned until Jan-Jun 2020. It's apparently going to be Fibre to the Curb (FTTC) but don't know if that's better or worse than the other types.

Comment

mines to the house and been pretty solid for the couple years so far,coming from adsl2 it flys

Comment

Ive held off until after schools finished, Cant afford to have problems during exam time. I'm on cable and been told it will remain that way with an NBN service with FTTN or FTTC?
                      Last edited by hotty; 23rd October 2018, 03:16 PM.

Comment

I'm with Aussie Broadband on HFC. Highly recommend them for service and performance. I'm on 100/40 and normally have around 95/35. I've had a couple of issues which have been NBN rather then AB. But they got them addressed quite quickly. And their call centre is local.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Comment

It will all depend on your area, in my area there is high volumes of nbn starters which causes traffic jams all the time. I'm with optus 50mbs for $70 a month unlimited downloads, I have better download rates now (when nbn modem isn't down) with fttc setup. These 50mbs can only be seen when I do a speed test on my pc via Lan connection, wifi obviously won't. When first installed couple of months ago it was shocking from the start with drop outs all the time, they fixed it up but I still get drop out with bad weather for some reason, I haven't paid a bill yet though as they are not providing the service advertised.
                          Donkey Kong build - https://www.aussiearcade.com/showthr...-replica-build

Comment

I boycotted NBN as i knew it was a con from the get up. Went Dish pay $55 a month 1000gig and 50mg/s not the best but cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by raysco View Post
                              I have had Telstra nbn for just under 12 months and it has been horrendous
                              I report to the ombudsman to resolve the first bout of shocking speeds and dropouts.
                              Started dropping out again about six weeks ago and maybe resolved yesterday, time will tell.....
                              Exactly the same in my last house. Slower internet speeds and drop outs. Luckily I am currently in between houses in a rental property and still has cable internet. All good until I move into the new house around the corner that is about to have NBN on.

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X