Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shipping container sheds. Anyone done this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All good mate, didn't want to sound negative. It looks the goods.
    In; Deadpool, The Hobbit, Whirlwind, Genie, Lost World, Hurricane, Pinball Magic, Royal Flush,
    Tommy, Spy Hunter, Orbit 1, Sorcerer, Tales from The Crypt, Houdini, Flash, Street Fighter 2.
    Looking for;
    Space Invaders, Ripleys Believe It or Not.

Comment

We did a bit of work on the shed (no longer can it be considered a container) Jo organised the inside because well it looked like a bombshell hit it! But now I can start to see how it will be laid out eventually. Jo stressed me out so much messing with my shit I forgot to take a photo

Tomorrow hopefully as long as my slave drivers allow me to leave work while there's till daylight...
      Danny Galaga- the man with no signature...

Comment

Hmmmm, neighbour say a snakey looking dude was nosing around on Friday. She asked if she could help. He reckoned he had run out of fuel. Clearly a load of bollocks as we are at the end of a cul-de-sac. I think maybe some stupid crackhead sniffing around for something to take to Cashies
        Thing is, our nearest neighbour has Cctv as does another just up the street. Still makes me nervous. Hope we get a home loan soon so we can actually build a house to go with this shed!

Comment

Did a bit more work on the shed yesterday. These stirrups, top and bottom and pointing sideways will hold roughly 3.8 metre long timber. Above the roofline it will form the posts for handrails. Between the posts and roofline a gutter will sit on the stirrup posts, feeding into a small water tank, and the part of the 3.8 metre posts down to the ground they are a decoration to break up the look of the container. I'll grow vines on each post
          Attached Files

Comment

cool, have you seen where they do the return with chain?
            In; Deadpool, The Hobbit, Whirlwind, Genie, Lost World, Hurricane, Pinball Magic, Royal Flush,
            Tommy, Spy Hunter, Orbit 1, Sorcerer, Tales from The Crypt, Houdini, Flash, Street Fighter 2.
            Looking for;

Comment

Originally posted by punkin View Post
              cool, have you seen where they do the return with chain?
              Do you mean where the rainwater rubs down a chain instead of a pipe?

Comment

Yes i do mean that.
                Looking for;

Comment

Looks cool and might be something to consider for the house but we are getting a slimline tank and it's not much shorter than the gutter so you wouldn't really see anything

Comment

Gutter in place
                    Attached Files

Comment

Got a second hand water tank at the right price. Will probably take forever to fill up but at least it covers up the croppiest part of the Crapper Bros handwork. Err, I mean the crappiest part of the Cropper Bros handywork
                      Attached Files

Comment

On Friday after work I scrambled to plumb the tank since lots of rain was coming. Was getting dark so I gave up. Finished it today, so hopefully six months from now when it rains well collect some water

Also put up some of these little Bobby dazzlers. They are little solar downlights we picked up from ALDI. They clip onto the gutter and should look good between the posts when they finally go up
                        Attached Files

Comment

Our neighbours got some of those gutter lights last year. 1 year later they hardly hold charge and put out bugger all light, just FYI.

Comment

Originally posted by djgra79 View Post
                            Our neighbours got some of those gutter lights last year. 1 year later they hardly hold charge and put out bugger all light, just FYI.
                            Once the shed is fully set up, one of my first jobs in it will be to fix the lights

Comment

Well damn! The water tank filled to overflowing (1100 litres) after only two good showers! I really didn't think that much water would come off the top of a container! We've planted a few plants around the block to get a garden started before the house gets built. I've been using buckets of water from the tank to water them. Very satisfying using water that was just going to go down the stormwater drains

Using a bucket also has made me more aware of how much water is being used.

Comment

danny!!! any updates on the container

<3 qwert

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                                Working...
                                X