Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

The last starfighter movie

narf_

dug it out this we for some 80's movie watching and arcade wannabe memories

used to love this movie as a kid shame we never got the game from the movie would of made a great cockpit game

got me thinking besides tron what other movies were based about or on arcade games?

i wont mention SF cause that was so crap to ashamed to relate it to a vid game

TLS was interesting because it was the first movie to do whole shots in CGI. Although it needed a Cray Supercomputer to do it. Nowadays you can go down crime convertors and pick up an out of date $25 console that would do a better job

Other movies of note...

Joysticks (aka Video Madness)

ok i will see if i can create a divx "image" of it and let you know where to get it

or send me a pm

TLS was interesting because it was the first movie to do whole shots in CGI. Although it needed a Cray Supercomputer to do it. Nowadays you can go down crime convertors and pick up an out of date $25 console that would do a better job

Other movies of note...

Joysticks (aka Video Madness)

uuuuummmm....

i was lead to believe "TRON" was the first movie with CGI

So what was the last Non CGI sci/fi action film produced..a little of subject I know...

Was it Star Wars?:unsure

The Robocop movies used excellent stop photography (esp. on the ED-209)

Terminator 2 used 'go photography'. Basically, life sized 'puppets' that mimicked and actor.

So what was the last Non CGI sci/fi action film produced..a little of subject I know...

Was it Star Wars?:unsure

whilst there was some CGI in it (I think)

Most of the effects in 'Total Recall' were done with minatures

Listening to the alternate sound-track they claim to be the last minatures-heavy Sci-Fi movie

The Robocop movies used excellent stop photography (esp. on the ED-209)

Terminator 2 used 'go photography'. Basically, life sized 'puppets' that mimicked and actor.

whilst there was some CGI in it (I think)

Most of the effects in 'Total Recall' were done with minatures

Listening to the alternate sound-track they claim to be the last minatures-heavy Sci-Fi movie

Thanks guys..and Classic movies too! Didn't realise that Totall Recall was done with minatures must watch again ....Something about CGI that makes it to unreal..maybe just me..I remember when the first PS was released and all these cut scenes with amazing graphics, then you would play the game and it was nothing like the intro video or whatever..a Totall Letdown.:lol

I remember when the first PS was released and all these cut scenes with amazing graphics, then you would play the game and it was nothing like the intro video or whatever..a Totall Letdown.:lol

yeah the ps one will play mpeg style low quality movies, and the graphics hardware let it down :(

• 2 weeks later...

converting from dvd to divx now...

i will seed with utorrent.

never done this "seeding" thing before.

might seed it under demonoid.com

bugger.

my adsl is dynamic not static.

and my isp kills my connection regularly.

so death to torrent will happen :-((

might share it with shareaza instead

ok. i have ripped the ntsc dvd with dvd decrypter and it plays back off hdd fine using power dvd.i told dvd decrypter to make the output multiregion.

i tried to convert it to divx using divx convertor ver 6.2 and the sound works fine, but i get stripy lines all over the screen.

i might try avi2dvd by trust fm and see how i go.

any other suggestions?

sounds like the lines are due to encoding being done interlaced.

http://www.doom9.org/

http://www.videohelp.com/convert

follow any guides from those sites and you will be set :)

Back to the original question

Was Mortal combat an arcade game or console first, as there has been a few MC movies (they weren't that bad either)

Mortal Kombat was the first entry in the famous Mortal Kombat fighting game series by Midway, released in arcades in 1992. It was later picked up by Acclaim Games for the home version, then later returned to Midway