What do you collect?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you collect?

Just wondering if there's any collectors out there? I collect diecast cars (hotwheels,matchbox,corgi,ect),simpsons (huge collection),futurama and staffy statues.
    Love a good tune

Massive simpsons & futurama collection

Always looking for famous aussie art

XT auto Forester 192 kwatws

I was collecting those $2 simpsons figures that they sell in Target & Coles (see www.tpf.com.au). They are now apparently sold out! I got the whole of the 3 series, even the rare ones.... I was quite proud of myself.... WAS being the appropriate word here as I recently went into K-Mart and saw the whole set for sale! It was in a collectors box, with an extra limited edition figure AND.... wait for it.... was cheaper than going and buying each figure seperatly!!!! What a rip .... What is the point of bringing out the figures seperatly, making you hunt for the supposed "rare" figures then just bring out the whole set to buy a month later!!! Why not release the collectors set from the start!!!

Anyways... Thats my little winge and thats what I (used to) collect!

Smit

Comment

Originally posted by thesmit
      I was collecting those $2 simpsons figures that they sell in Target & Coles (see www.tpf.com.au). They are now apparently sold out! I got the whole of the 3 series, even the rare ones.... I was quite proud of myself.... WAS being the appropriate word here as I recently went into K-Mart and saw the whole set for sale! It was in a collectors box, with an extra limited edition figure AND.... wait for it.... was cheaper than going and buying each figure seperatly!!!! What a rip .... What is the point of bringing out the figures seperatly, making you hunt for the supposed "rare" figures then just bring out the whole set to buy a month later!!! Why not release the collectors set from the start!!!
      Anyways... Thats my little winge and thats what I (used to) collect!
      Smit
      Yes that was disappointing..Trends like that have caught me out in the past so i decided not to collect those even though i came very close on a few occasions. They released a set in a plastic case limited to only 300 worldwide with all 3 series (were selling as high as $200 on ebay!).. I thought wow wouldn't that be cool to have but again something inside me said no. Then a few weeks later guess what they bring out that set you mentioned with a gold homer. If you wait a month or 2 those sets will get really cheap. Now i'm very carefull with what i collect.
      Love a good tune

Comment

Besides from Cabs, pokies & Pinnies

Kiss Stuff & lots of it
        Actually I have got rid of a lot , and don't really collect anything new that they flog off ,mostly older stuff.

I also got McFarlane figurines Kiss, AC/DC,Hendrix, Maiden,Doors and am waiting on Slash.

Concert Dvd's you name it , I prob got it !

Used to collect guitars, but had to sell alot of them.
        STRUTTER KISS FORUM

Comment

i also got screwed on those simpsons toys, what a waist of time. where do you buy these so called kiss and ac/dc fugres cause they sound sweet. ac / dc rock!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rottenpig
            i also got screwed on those simpsons toys, what a waist of time. where do you buy these so called kiss and ac/dc fugres cause they sound sweet. ac / dc rock!
            A mate of mine has a CD store AND he also imports and sells a STACK of those figures - he is in Dapto NSW ( near Wollongong ) - this is his website for the figures - http://www.ozactionfigures.com - due to the CD store commitments he has not updated his action figure site for about 6 months BUT you will get a good idea of what he has to sell-
            Kiss, Crue, maiden , etc etc.
            He can ship direct and he is a great guy - his name is Greg if you wanted to contact him. His email address is gtomes@vtown.com.au

Comment

Arcade machines

Comment

LP's and arcade related stuff like backglasses and playfields

Hey Ace, you may be able to help me out with something I bought at an auction awhile back

It is a KISS throw rug with the covers of the1978 solo albums. It looks great however i cannot find reference to it in a KISS collectable book i found.

You have any idea what it is (besides a rug)

Ric
                Ric
                looking for:
                the baseboard for a Gottlieb Royal Guard
                Zaccaria Devil Riders Backglass
                Williams OXO, GTB Volcano

Comment

I collect any old crap that I can see a profit in and flog it on Ebay..!

Comment

Originally posted by woka
                    I collect any old crap that I can see a profit in and flog it on Ebay..!
                    Yeah me2, except alot of the stuff i sell, i buy at retail prices from shops and still seem to make a good profit..
                    Love a good tune

Comment

Originally posted by Wotto
                      A mate of mine has a CD store AND he also imports and sells a STACK of those figures - he is in Dapto NSW ( near Wollongong ) - this is his website for the figures - http://www.ozactionfigures.com - due to the CD store commitments he has not updated his action figure site for about 6 months BUT you will get a good idea of what he has to sell-
                      Kiss, Crue, maiden , etc etc.
                      He can ship direct and he is a great guy - his name is Greg if you wanted to contact him. His email address is gtomes@vtown.com.au

I've actually bought some stuff from Greg. He's pretty reliable.

I used to collect McFarlane horror figures, but now they've been superceded by Neca collectables, so I collect those horror figures eg Fri13th, Halloween, Hellraiser etc. I eventually hope to collect all 3 of the Sunstar 1:18 Deloreans from BTTF. I don't get as many anymore, as it's not a cheap hobby.

I also collect retro games, movie posters (well over 100 so far), X-files stuff from time-to-time (pretty cheap nowadays) and DVDs
                      BEEP BEEP Richie! They ALL float down here. When your down here with us, you'll float too!

Comment

I've collected so many different things over the years. Usually i get say 75% of the collection and then just lose interest.

Things like basketball cards. Don't know why everyone went crazy over these for a period of time. I wasn't even interested in the game but felt the need to pay $5 for pack of 10 cards or whatever. Did spark me to play basketball for a whole season though.

I can relate to you guys what happened with the simpson figures. I was collecting soccer team badges, there would be thousands of different ones. Anyway most are probably $5-$10 and issued by the team. But then i noticed sellers have different packages like these which are obviously rip off's but you can't tell the difference.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/UEFA-European...QQcmdZViewItem

Luckly i only had a few doubles after buying a few of these different sets, but it was enough to make me lose interest.

Mega cd games was a big thing i was collecting for a while when i first discovered ebay.

Probably about a million different things which i can't thing of at the moment, i'd have to look around
                        You must be a parking ticket cause you got Fine written all over you! Giggidy giggidy giggidy!

Comment

I used to collect trading cards back in the day, plus those Magic the Gathering cards. I've still got shipload of cards floating around the place, star wars etc.

I also collect the original star wars toys, got a pretty big collection now, and the best part is that i got most of em when they were on the throw out tables at places like myer etc when i was young!

Currently im into collecting japanese sega saturn games, but that has slowed down since i got into arcade stuff.

I bought those damn simpsons figurins for my gf. spent ages chasing down the rare's etc. ended up getting the whole set.

I have also started collecting japanese video game figurines (gashpons)

Comment

i also collected those magic the gathering cards. that game was sweet. used to play in tournaments and stuff down the local shops that sold em. more good times although i never did get to the top 2.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ric
                              LP's and arcade related stuff like backglasses and playfields

Hey Ace, you may be able to help me out with something I bought at an auction awhile back

It is a KISS throw rug with the covers of the1978 solo albums. It looks great however i cannot find reference to it in a KISS collectable book i found.

You have any idea what it is (besides a rug)

Ric
                              Hi Ric,
                              Don't collect everything kiss but I have friends who do...I will ask
                              In the mean time go here...If this one is the same as yours, email them and ask
                              http://cwalega.echoes.net/kiss-photo-gallery.htm
                              STRUTTER KISS FORUM

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X