X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free/Good movie cropping program

Anyone know of a good one?
    The Pinny Parlour likes this post.

The Pinny Parlour Welcomes you to Aussie Arcade.

Originally posted by The Pinny Parlour
    Anyone know of a good one?
    Just for cropping? Try VirtualDub Mod, one of the best.
    BEEP BEEP Richie! They ALL float down here. When your down here with us, you'll float too!

Comment

VirtuaDub?

http://www.virtualdub.org/index

Damn you mickey beat me too it
      Last edited by Arcade King; 1st November 2005, 07:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

heh Not by much. Make sure you get virtualdub *MOD* it has some good features.
        http://virtualdubmod.sourceforge.net/
        BEEP BEEP Richie! They ALL float down here. When your down here with us, you'll float too!

Comment

Thanks guys. DL ing now.....

Originally posted by Mickey Juice
          heh Not by much. Make sure you get virtualdub *MOD* it has some good features.
          http://virtualdubmod.sourceforge.net/

Looks to be a good program...still it's not easy to crop...after trying for ½ an hour, I give up trying to crop some video. Any other EASY-TO-USE programs??
          Last edited by The Pinny Parlour; 1st November 2005, 08:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

What exactly are you trying to do?

By "crop" do you mean "edit/ change" video files ( Ai files ) as in - you are looking for decent video editing software? Or am I way off the mark here?

If it is editing stuff you need- I can help you.

Let me know

wotto

Comment

[QUOTE=Wotto]What exactly are you trying to do?
              By "crop" do you mean "edit/ change" video files ( Ai files ) as in - you are looking for decent video editing software? Or am I way off the mark here?
              If it is editing stuff you need- I can help you.
              Let me know
              wotto[QUOTE]

Hi Wotto,

Yep, I just have some mpg video that I want to chop the end off as I over recorded.

TIA

Comment

I thought you meant crop as in change the size of the video.. eg crop off some static from the bottom of the screen (you can do this by going Video>filters (ctrl-F) and then 'add')

You can also chop the end off the video by using the selection bar at the bottom and just select what video you want. You will have to re-encode the video afterwards tho.

If it's just a small video you can try Windows Movie Maker.. though the output file will be a .wmv

Comment

When you try to crop - ensure that Direct Stream Copy is selected as this doesn't do any re-encoding, filtering or remove sound.

You also need to select where you want to record from and to - not the section of the vid you want to remove. Easiest way is by using the 2 little key buttons. These move to key frames in the video. From what I can tell it will use the key frames as a reference - trying to crop a movie to a point in between 2 key frames will force virtualdub to crop to the nearest key frame. To select the start frame press the button with the flag on it's side (as if it's fallen to the left), then move the cursor to the end of the part you want to keep. Press the key frame button left or right to find the best key frame. The press the flag fallen on the right. Save as and that's it.

Hope it works for you
                  Cheers
                  -cdbrown

Comment

I was going to say i have no idea when it comes to video editing. But on the rare occasions that i need to, Windows Movie Maker seems to be fine to do that sort of basic stuff.
                    You must be a parking ticket cause you got Fine written all over you! Giggidy giggidy giggidy!

Comment

Hey-
                      I do all of the video editing for our kids footy teams and produce DVD's for everyone at the end of the year _ YAY is me I hear you say :
                      I use Ulead Video Studio 8 - it is SIMPLE and VERY good, easy to add music, splice, edit "crop" cut etc and has GOOD options to burn out to DVD in 4 x3 OR 16 x 9 .
                      Email me and we can work something out if you want
                      regards
                      Wotto

Comment

I use Premiere for all my editing.

Comment

Thanks guys for the help and tips. I have shelved VirtualDubMOD, I tried all your suggestions and none of them worked for me. I'm moving on the hopefully programs that work for me.

You got mail Wotto

Comment

iirc vdub[mod] doesn't natively support mpgs. your best bet would be to grab tmpgenc demo ver and play around with the options under the 'mpeg tools' menu

if all else fails read up on vcdhelp or doom9.net, its been a while soince i bothered with any of this gear.
                            - My random bits | - A Wah!Cade wiki | - Experimental Wah!cade Branch | |

Comment

Originally posted by sairuk
                              iirc vdub[mod] doesn't natively support mpgs. your best bet would be to grab tmpgenc demo ver and play around with the options under the 'mpeg tools' menu

if all else fails read up on vcdhelp or doom9.net, its been a while soince i bothered with any of this gear.

Thanks mate.

(new maps yet?) Joking

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X