Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coles & Woolies stop Home Deliveries WTF

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Coles & Woolies stop Home Deliveries WTF

    I would have thought that this service would be essential in this time of crisis.
    There would be no danger to the delivery person as all they have to do is drop the orders at the door & walk away. Absolutely no person to person contact.
    I finished up work yesterday & intended to stay mostly at home & use the delivery service
    It would be a way around these panic buying issues also.
    Im sure it would also help in reducing the spread of the virus as people wouldnt have to go to the supermarket at all.
    BTW . Keep your kids at home. Look at the rest of the world. Our Govt is all about money NOT saving lives. The statistics are Not Right as the only people getting tested are the ones that have just returned from OS or linked to someone with the virus. Lots of people running around out there spreading it that do not even know they have it yet. Maybe me, maybe you . Take care & wash hands always. Goodluck
    PIMP YOUR PINS

  • #2
    The reason they are only testing those is because of a worldwide shortage of kits. Someone has to make a call on who to prioritise and speaking to a range of people in the medical field the call they have made is the right one.

    No way supermarkets could keep up with demand for gome deliveries. They can't produce 100x or probably way more trucks and drivers out of thin air.

    I get it, its super inconvenient and going to hit people hard financially but everyone is in this together and we just have to do what we can and have a whole lot of patience.

    I agree the statistics are going to be skewed and its probably the same all over the world. But its the best data we've got right now.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by robm View Post
      No way supermarkets could keep up with demand for gome deliveries. They can't produce 100x or probably way more trucks and drivers out of thin air.
      I read somewhere coles usually get 800 online job applications a day and the past week they've received over 50,000!! If that's true I'm sure some of those 50,000 would be willing to do deliveries in their cars. Use cars to do short local trips back and forth (just like pizza deliveries) and the normal vans to do further away bulk deliveries

      But having said that, even though there's no person to person contact, there is contact via 'touching' of the goods then transfer of the germs that way. it only takes one infected person not to wash their hands once, and the receiver to forget to wash their hands once, then the transfer begins.

      Here's how easy it is:
      - The universe is made up of protons, electrons, neutrons and morons.

      - I'm not superstitious... but I am a little stitious

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by kayakkingoz View Post
        I would have thought that this service would be essential in this time of crisis.
        There would be no danger to the delivery person as all they have to do is drop the orders at the door & walk away. Absolutely no person to person contact.
        I finished up work yesterday & intended to stay mostly at home & use the delivery service
        It would be a way around these panic buying issues also.
        Im sure it would also help in reducing the spread of the virus as people wouldnt have to go to the supermarket at all.
        BTW . Keep your kids at home. Look at the rest of the world. Our Govt is all about money NOT saving lives. The statistics are Not Right as the only people getting tested are the ones that have just returned from OS or linked to someone with the virus. Lots of people running around out there spreading it that do not even know they have it yet. Maybe me, maybe you . Take care & wash hands always. Goodluck
        They’re diverting delivery resources to the elderly and vulnerable. They call it priority service or similar.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by ItsUrFeminitzNYImNietYoma View Post

          I read somewhere coles usually get 800 online job applications a day and the past week they've received over 50,000!! If that's true I'm sure some of those 50,000 would be willing to do deliveries in their cars. Use cars to do short local trips back and forth (just like pizza deliveries) and the normal vans to do further away bulk deliveries

          But having said that, even though there's no person to person contact, there is contact via 'touching' of the goods then transfer of the germs that way. it only takes one infected person not to wash their hands once, and the receiver to forget to wash their hands once, then the transfer begins.

          Here's how easy it is:
          No different from me buying a bottle of coke at the supermarket where it was touched by the delivery guy, shelf stacker guy, the customer before me that decided to put it back on the shelf and buy something else, and then me after touching the trolley for the 100th time.

          You gotta play the odds.

          Comment


          • #6
            its because they only have 20% of what you order in stock, then they have to refund etc, so no point doing pick and pack and deliver when they cant even stock shelves
            Australian Distributors for Planetary Pinball, Chicago Gaming, American Pinball.
            Your one Stop Shop For New Pinball & Arcade Games.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Ballypinball View Post
              its because they only have 20% of what you order in stock, then they have to refund etc, so no point doing pick and pack and deliver when they cant even stock shelves
              That makes sense
              PIMP YOUR PINS

              Comment


              • #8
                Even if you order pay and expect to get a home delivery think again, hopefully the hoarding will stop, plenty for all

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by 1.21 Gigawatts View Post

                  They’re diverting delivery resources to the elderly and vulnerable. They call it priority service or similar.
                  Yes Like if you are over 65 they will Priority Care for Younger and let you die
                  Australian Distributors for Planetary Pinball, Chicago Gaming, American Pinball.
                  Your one Stop Shop For New Pinball & Arcade Games.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Ballypinball View Post

                    Yes Like if you are over 65 they will Priority Care for Younger and let you die
                    That's a pretty harsh opinion and not really warranted.
                    In a national crisis and this is certainly is, resources will inevitably have to be rationed. Just be thankful we are in a 1st world country with resources to ration in the first place..

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Ballypinball View Post
                      its because they only have 20% of what you order in stock, then they have to refund etc, so no point doing pick and pack and deliver when they cant even stock shelves
                      More like both Coles and Woolies have a substitution policy. When they don't have what you order they supply you with the more expensive item at the same cost as the cheaper one which is what most people order. This is a direct hit to their margin, bottom line and shareholders.

                      The second issue is the delivery drivers are working stupid hours.

                      In these times we should be encouraging home delivery, instead against all logic its cancelled through corporate greed.

                      Brad
                      My Projects - Space Invaders Bartop, Williams A-Go-Go, Galaxian Bartop, Jukebox Kiosk 1&2, Jukebox Kiosk 3, Virtual Minipin, Generic Upright, MultiCab, Rampage,

                      Comment

                      Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                      Working...
                      X