No announcement yet.

COVID-19 / what’s your plan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I might be one of those people but not sure. My old mother in law keeps sending me on trips to the supermarket for stuff I've never had to buy and mate sometimes I'm in front of shelves going wtf. Got a task to do in a minute where I gotta go to aldi where I never shop to buy something I have no idea where it will be.

But I'm guessing you're talking about a different thing and BTW I haven't taken offence by it just putting a different spin on it.

Oh and getting.list made up from a 94yo is impossible

Comment

• Originally posted by pinball god View Post
      I might be one of those people but not sure. My old mother in law keeps sending me on trips to the supermarket for stuff I've never had to buy and mate sometimes I'm in front of shelves going wtf. Got a task to do in a minute where I gotta go to aldi where I never shop to buy something I have no idea where it will be.

But I'm guessing you're talking about a different thing and BTW I haven't taken offence by it just putting a different spin on it.

Oh and getting.list made up from a 94yo is impossible
      It wasn't my intention to offend just venting and goes back to being considerate to others. It's not like the shelf was empty where they were standing, they were just being rude and it's not an isolated case either.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinball god View Post
        Nothing's getting passed this guy, all 3kg of her lol
        Gender neutral or hermaphrodite?

Comment

• Originally posted by namastepat View Post
          We have been told to stay home, but it is not yet being tightly enforced. Essential workers are still going to work and schools close on Monday.

People are still allowed to go outside for exercise etc. Just no large gatherings in groups.

To be honest, our government response has been a shit-show at both a state and federal level. It is going to get a lot worse soon.

For example, they passed laws a couple of days ago saying hairdressers could remain open, but haircuts had to be fewer than 30 minutes. They just rolled back the 30 minute rule yesterday and how haircuts can continue as normal. It's completely irrational.
          I saw the owner of a hair salon on TV this morning. Dam. Sorry Straya, you gonna be riddled in no time without the enforced lockdown. Schools still open!? WTF. All the best friends.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinballaddicted View Post

I think this is the plan from your commie Doomer Climate Change Cult PM anyway. Completely shut your country down, go broke and use the virus as an excuse to return you guys to caves and back to the 1700's.

I think in OZ we will be in the same lockdown scenario as you guys in the next few days or so. We are currently on stage 2 lockdown.

I sincerely wish you well.
            At this stage I'd rather be here in NZ with our PM than in Straya with yours. I am a tradie and the government paid me my normal monthly income yesterday while the country is shut down for the next four weeks. We're a pretty clever bunch over here so we'll pull through no probs. We also produce enough food to feed 55 miliion people each week so there will be no shortage.

All the best over there in "the lucky country'.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arcade King View Post
              Another thing bringing my piss to a boil is people at the supermarket standing in front of products on the shelf when other people are trying to get to it. Mrs was just doing her shopping and two arse clowns wearing masks were standing in the one place for 5 minutes staring at the shelf. Even when she said excuse me they looked at her like she just committed a capitol offense. You'd think under the circumstances people would go in prepared but nope.
              Dipshits.
              And the stupid bitch I saw in the supermarket handling EVERY ****ING apple so as to pick out the better ones.. Its a lottery.. In the old days you could safely enough select your ripe avocado, now for me its the first one I touch is the one I buy.

Comment

• Originally posted by spacies View Post

I saw the owner of a hair salon on TV this morning. Dam. Sorry Straya, you gonna be riddled in no time without the enforced lockdown. Schools still open!? WTF. All the best friends.
                Yep, our government response has been a sad joke. Federal and state governments fighting over what to do. Schools closed in NSW, ACT and VIC against the advice of the federal gov. QLD, WA and NT stayed open. QLD close on Monday, not sure about WA or NT.

Businesses still open, mass gathering banned but in no way enforced. Funerals allowed 10 mourners present while weddings are allowed 5 people present. None of it makes any sense. Bootcamps are still allowed 10 people to show up, it's just insanity.

Your PM has been a true leader in this situation. Ours has been the same old pathetic excuse for a leader that he was during the fires.

Comment

• Schools are a state matter. That's why it's different in each state. I think the state governments are doing a good job considering the uncharted territory we are in. It's easy to criticise them and difficult to look at the positives but honestly it's a tough job that I wouldn't want at the moment.

Sent from my AGM A8 using Tapatalk

Comment

• As far as the PM during the bushfires: he went on a planned holiday with his family (I'm fine with that) he visited bushfire effected communities (great) he got the reserves out to help with clean up (great)
                    What did he do wrong? I didn't vote for him but what do you want a blank check for everyone? The fires aren't his fault at all and I dont think the greens or labor or one nation or any critics would have done anything different that would have changed the outcome. Best thing to do is what Autosteve said and clean up / do burn offs. The haters will hate no matter what.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arcade King View Post
                      Another thing bringing my piss to a boil is people at the supermarket standing in front of products on the shelf when other people are trying to get to it. Mrs was just doing her shopping and two arse clowns wearing masks were standing in the one place for 5 minutes staring at the shelf. Even when she said excuse me they looked at her like she just committed a capitol offense. You'd think under the circumstances people would go in prepared but nope.
                      Dipshits.
                      I rode down to my local woolies this morning at around 7:30 am, I was hoping to get some toilet paper so that from my next pay I could then lock down for a month.Huh, waiting in line with four infront of me we all did the right thing by keeping around two meters apart.
                      As it gets closer to opening a load of people came crowding in without füċking regards to those in line by rudely inserting themselves in front and not one care in cramming togeather, by the time I got in I would have been 15th person in ,not wanting to look like a dick I calmly walked to the isle where I needed to go,I could have easily ran and bet all the old folks, but like I said I didn't want to be an inconsiderate prick.

Well , obviously they were in the same mindset and went for toilet paper,at first there seems to be a good amount of 24pkt toilet paper for around $9 but as I got there it quickly became apparent they were nearly gone. With that I literally grabbed the last one but an old frail man reached behind from a lady and grabbed the other end just after me, and with that I let out a great sigh and said take it mate, you can have it, and with that pushed it towards him.
                      There was some other toilet paper there but they were slightly dearer and less than half the amount of rolls, but I'm too much of a scrooge to pay that.

After that I went out of the store to get a trolly as I damn well knew if I grabbed one at the start I'd be 115th customer in, and upon my return to the store with a somewhat slightly disgruntled attitude by the ordeal, I failed to keep my own douchebaggery in check and the poor lady at the entrance asking me for my card and I rudley said I've already shown my card when I first entered and proceed without eye contact to the two attendance and went back in , proving I'm not any better than the douchebags I'm currently whining about, but still I whine regardless.

Comment

• Originally posted by kimbleseven View Post
                        As far as the PM during the bushfires: he went on a planned holiday with his family (I'm fine with that) he visited bushfire effected communities (great) he got the reserves out to help with clean up (great)
                        What did he do wrong? I didn't vote for him but what do you want a blank check for everyone? The fires aren't his fault at all and I dont think the greens or labor or one nation or any critics would have done anything different that would have changed the outcome. Best thing to do is what Autosteve said and clean up / do burn offs. The haters will hate no matter what.

If you think the PM was a good leader during the bushfires, you have a poor concept of good leadership. Anyway, this is about COVID-19 and what's to come, not what has already been.

Comment

• You mentioned he is useless what would you do different mate?

Comment

• Sorry "pathetic excuse for a leader"

Comment

• Poor concept lol. Again you use words and dont back it up with answers. I don't think you would be a good leader. You would be a great opposition leader...

Comment

• I’m not very political but as an everyday Australian I am happy with our governments response so far. Especially what they have outlined just now regarding hibernating businesses and mandatory isolation in hibernation centres for everyone returning to the country.

Don’t bother attacking me or going out of your way to prove me wrong. I won’t bite or reply.

It is just my opinion.

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                                Working...
                                X