COVID-19 / what’s your plan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by namastepat View Post
    I see hundreds of kids a day. They are dealing with it exceptionally well considering the circumstances. My classes are socially distancing, they happily wipe down desks with disinfectant, they sit spaced apart in class, we leave all doors and windows open and turn off air-con to not coop them up in confined spaces. The only thing that is basically unenforceable is getting them to socially distance during breaks. That's why as of Monday, all QLD schools will be sending kids home. It's been confirmed by the QLD Education Minister.
    I wish NSW would come to their senses also and close the schools. Social distancing aside, I can see my son”s year 3 teacher is completely stretched between half her students online at home, and half still in the class room, all demanding her full attention. It’s unfair of the government to expect them to keep going like this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The Pinball Network
    https://www.facebook.com/pinballnetwork

Comment

• Originally posted by fridgejam View Post

I wish NSW would come to their senses also and close the schools. Social distancing aside, I can see my son”s year 3 teacher is completely stretched between half her students online at home, and half still in the class room, all demanding her full attention. It’s unfair of the government to expect them to keep going like this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      It’s kinda fkn bullshit that NSW is keeping Schools/Daycares open.

I’ve been dropped off work an extra day a fortnight due to this crisis, and my wife is on Mat Leave for 10 more months. However since it isn’t a government decision we still have to pay for Daycare even though our daughter isn’t going.

Putting unnecessary pressure on people, and risking more of us getting infected.

Comment

• Originally posted by RPZ View Post

However since it isn’t a government decision we still have to pay for Daycare even though our daughter isn’t going.
        That's not fair how can they charge you for a service that's not happening. I'd look into that if I was you, see what the ACCC says about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gemini2544 View Post

That's not fair how can they charge you for a service that's not happening. I'd look into that if I was you, see what the ACCC says about it.
          In NSW, they are all still operating, but most like Rick and our family are not sending kids to daycare out of respect of wanting to practice safe social distancing.

Knowing how easily 2&3 year olds can share germs, it seams like the right thing to do. It’s just frustrating that we still get charged for the days they are no longer going. If the gov closes day care and schools we will no longer be charged.
          The Pinball Network

Comment

• You shouldn't be charged if you trying to do what the government is expecting of you, seem very unfair to me.

Comment

• Better to be safe than sorry. It’s a very hard concept for a 3 year old to grasp that if they put that play block in their mouth, 3 weeks later Grandma might be dead!
              The Pinball Network

Comment

• Originally posted by Gemini2544 View Post
                If you take the worlds total population minus who's infected & died from covid-19 more people die from car accidents world wide. Personally I think we need a cull there are far too many humans on this planet.
                You willing to sacrifice your wife and kids? Tell if one of them goes will you still be saying what you are saying or maybe jump on the govt for negligence in not locking down the place. I bet if your kid dies in a car accident you'll be that same ol' person I have to listen to about road tolls. Mate I don't speed/drink drive but I still listen to my conscience when tempted to speed etc. Maybe people should do same about rules on this virus. It's easy to say don't worry until it happens to you.

How many times have I heard I wish I could sit at home and do nothing for awhile. Well people Here's your chance. Enjoy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arcade King View Post

Opinions are fine mate not everybody has to agree so by all means speak your mind. Let all just be civil about it.
                  Text is certainly poor for conveying tone, what can be said in passing with a laughing or disbelief undertone can be read as aggressive. Totally get it, and you are right. More patience and care required in this situation! People are manic enough haha
                  sigpic

Comment

• We would not have to go into lockdown if people understood basic hygene

Comment

• Originally posted by pinball god View Post

You willing to sacrifice your wife and kids? Tell if one of them goes will you still be saying what you are saying or maybe jump on the govt for negligence in not locking down the place. I bet if your kid dies in a car accident you'll be that same ol' person I have to listen to about road tolls. Mate I don't speed/drink drive but I still listen to my conscience when tempted to speed etc. Maybe people should do same about rules on this virus. It's easy to say don't worry until it happens to you.

How many times have I heard I wish I could sit at home and do nothing for awhile. Well people Here's your chance. Enjoy.
                      I'm home in isolation too! My kids are adults now with kids of there own, they make their own decisions. I'm only saying Covid-19 won't be the mass killer their saying. Unlike the Spanish flu of 1918 they had no idea about viruses & modern medicines we take for granted today so millions died in that one.. Covid-19 I'd be surprised if it got close to 100,000 deaths world wide over the next year.

The Spanish flu, also known as the 1918 flu pandemic, was an unusually deadly influenza pandemic. Lasting from January 1918 to December 1920, it infected 500 million people—about a quarter of the world's population at the time. Wikipedia

Comment

• Originally posted by Pop Bumper Pete View Post
                        We would not have to go into lockdown if people understood basic hygene
                        Problem is people are generally stupid and selfish and I'm being kind. Do what's being asked and let's see what transpires or quit your job, stand for parliament and fix things. Hell some very outspoken people like Mr garret and hinch did and look what they did for us.... I'll leave you with that thought

Comment

• You all might find this interesting, You'll need to scroll down a bit.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_epidemics

Comment

• You really need to take the governments advice into perspective. Shut down the whole country?. This virus isn't effecting the mining industry in remote areas yet and if that industry shuts down, who do you think is going to pay for all the government handouts going on. This is just one extreme example. Basically, this is a virus that smashes highly populated areas and was spreed around the globe by globalists that used the highly populated areas of the country as departure and entry points, that is where the airports and shipping ports are located. These are how the virus got into the country originally.
                            To have hard and fast rulings that suit every part of this country is simply unachievable and that is the where the federal government would be finding this hard and why it is hard to understand at times. Just remember these rulings the federal government are handing down are also effecting parts of this country that have a nearest virus case 1000s of kms away.
                            The state governments are in the same boat but to a lesser degree but there advice is again effecting everyone in that state. Total lockdown and all businesses shutdown, what about all those small country towns all over Australia that are rarely visited and every person in the town knows everyone else and any visitor is immediately noticed. We think we have something to complain about, imagine those towns that the pubs have been ordered to close.
                            This is the dilemma both levels of government have to consider when making there decisions. I'm glad I'm not the one with all that resting on my shoulders.

Comment

• Someone really needs to design some better smelling hand sanitiser/wipes,maybe brut33,wd40 or gear oil smell
                              Really getting sick and tired of smelling like lavenders or lemon
                              Its ruining my image.

Comment

• I had a ripper today, smelt like gumtrees but went feral fast as you rubbed it in...I think it's blended with burnt Koala..

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 1 members and 1 (guests)
                                Working...
                                X