Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Copyright & The Forum *Ehttps://www.aussiearcade.com/topic/13431-copyright-amp-the-forum-everyone-please-read/?do=getNewCommentVERYONE PLEASE READ*

Guys,

I just removed the thread requesting DVD copies.

Please be mindful not to request pirated material on the forum, apart from being against forum rules.

The forum as a whole doesn't wish to get caught up in any legal battles with movie or music companies who actively seek out infringment on the web.

While it would be the individual who would cop it the hardest the forum doesn't wish to risk its future on these sorts of things.

If you are unsure about what you are requesting then please ask admins before posting.

cheers

• Administrators
Not too mention, I would be required to shutdown the site and pass on all data to the feds when I received the Court Order, or, I could even be required to log all traffic for further prosocution, without your knowledge, and none of us want that to happen. So please dont put any of us in that situation.

Not too mention, I would be required to shutdown the site and pass on all data to the feds when I received the Court Order, or, I could even be required to log all traffic for further prosocution, without your knowledge, and none of us want that to happen. So please dont put any of us in that situation.

I dont know if your taking the piss, or serious? Are you CIB?

Please be mindful not to request pirated material on the forum, apart from being against forum rules.

If your curious, i made a thread requesting a copy of a tv series dvd if anyone had them.

It's not really in the rules link about this sort of thing.....well i couldn't really see it there. :unsure Or should i just assume that this applies?

3. You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, slanderous, libelous, hateful, threatening and or any other material that may violate any Australian federal or state laws.

:unsure:unsure

The only reason i ask is because we copy artworks and roms and such on the forum. And the threads on DS roms. Just wanted to be clear on whats ok and whats not? And dare i say it...things like artwork stencils for pinnes...(run for cover)

If your curious, i made a thread requesting a copy of a tv series dvd if anyone had them.

It's not really in the rules link about this sort of thing.....well i couldn't really see it there. :unsure Or should i just assume that this applies?

3. You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, slanderous, libelous, hateful, threatening and or any other material that may violate any Australian federal or state laws.

:unsure:unsure

The only reason i ask is because we copy artworks and roms and such on the forum. And the threads on DS roms. Just wanted to be clear on whats ok and whats not? And dare i say it...things like artwork stencils for pinnes...(run for cover)

We don't see every thread, there should not be any DS rom swapping going on if there is. Mainly because it is still sold and Nintendo again actively check websites.

Arcade roms / Art doesn't attract the same attention as music and movies.

Thats all.

• Administrators
No, but he is the host provider, standard requirements with a court order.

Keep it fun, save the other stuff for notes out of class :)

Yer I should have clarified that I am hosting the site. But still its not worth the risk and tv, movies and music in particular are high visibility targets in Australia.

cwispy I would hope in the event something did happen you wouldn't pass on our data even if ordered to.

If you would I think I will have to reconsider my future here.

I think you're putting him in an awkward spot. This isn't anything about mates its serious law... you dont (cant) refuse that kind of information if it came to that.

• Administrators
cwispy I would hope in the event something did happen you wouldn't pass on our data even if ordered to.

If you would I think I will have to reconsider my future here.

I would have no choice. We are talking the Australian Federal Police, not some shmuck from a lawyer firm working for the RIAA, MPAA etc. I would not risk my entire business, nor would I risk imprisonment of myself for directly contravening a court order. How do you think you would react in the same situation? Its a very uncommon thing to happen, but it does happen from time to time. All we have to do is be careful about what goes on in public.

Guest Burra749
I would have no choice. We are talking the Australian Federal Police, not some shmuck from a lawyer firm working for the RIAA, MPAA etc. I would not risk my entire business, nor would I risk imprisonment of myself for directly contravening a court order. How do you think you would react in the same situation? Its a very uncommon thing to happen, but it does happen from time to time. All we have to do is be careful about what goes on in public.

I really dont think anyone here would expect you to do differently.:unsure

Iam sure if anyone else was in the same position, risking everything, they would do the same.

If you want that stuff, just join up with a newsgroup like astaweb.com for about $20aus,a month and download/upload to your hearts content of just about anything.. just be warned, you'll use up your internet quota quickly!!

I think a few people are being put into a difficult position over the actions of a few wrong doers, and I would certainly react the same way. I'm probably still a noob to this site (Aug08) but I think this is a great site for sharing technical information and bouncing ideas around. We should keep the site clean and get back to the business of arcades and pins and leave anything else that you might do in your private life private! Hey that's just my opinion! :rolleyes

personally when i started here i was very suprised that people were freely talking about console mod chips etc in the console section. I've come from the gamesx.com forums, over there if you talk about anything related to piracy at all you get told off (or at least informed of the rules) and often the thread is locked. i like it that way, keeps the focus where it's meant to be. the only time talk of mod chips is tolerated is if you can back it up with a valid reason like imports.

also i think someone asked something about phone software a while ago, i replied with some app titles and said to search online, not wanting to say "hey jump on this bittorrent tracker and get it for free", but the next person to post pretty much said that anyway.

downloading applications is still piracy as true as any..

as for copying arcade material, i think if you own the pcb for a game then theres no problem burning eproms to replace failed ones.. i dont much like the idea of changing the game thats in a pcb though.

I'd be happy for the public forum here to have it's piracy policy tightened up. if people want to discuss piracy they can do it in a pm.

I was under the impression that none of the game console mod chips were considered illegal as of a couple of years ago. We have access to Xbox, PS2 and Wii mod chips from one of our suppliers.

You are 100% correct. Sony lost their case and it was deemed that the region coding was against the "free trade agreement" agreed apon by Aus/US.

Meaning I have every right to purchase a playstaion game in the US and play on my Aus console.

They called it "setting up invisible trade barriers" refering to region coding.

Edited by LOTR4U