X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copyright & The Forum *EVERYONE PLEASE READ*

Guys,

I just removed the thread requesting DVD copies.

Please be mindful not to request pirated material on the forum, apart from being against forum rules.

The forum as a whole doesn't wish to get caught up in any legal battles with movie or music companies who actively seek out infringment on the web.

While it would be the individual who would cop it the hardest the forum doesn't wish to risk its future on these sorts of things.

If you are unsure about what you are requesting then please ask admins before posting.

cheers

Not too mention, I would be required to shutdown the site and pass on all data to the feds when I received the Court Order, or, I could even be required to log all traffic for further prosocution, without your knowledge, and none of us want that to happen. So please dont put any of us in that situation.
    -- http://www.2000cn.com.au
    Business Web and Email Hosting and Spam filtering

Comment

Originally posted by cwispy View Post
      Not too mention, I would be required to shutdown the site and pass on all data to the feds when I received the Court Order, or, I could even be required to log all traffic for further prosocution, without your knowledge, and none of us want that to happen. So please dont put any of us in that situation.
      I dont know if your taking the piss, or serious? Are you CIB?

Comment

Originally posted by wingtipvortex View Post
        I dont know if your taking the piss, or serious? Are you CIB?
        No, but he is the host provider, standard requirements with a court order.

Keep it fun, save the other stuff for notes out of class

Comment

My mistake, im a bit in the dark as to where this came from is all. I should catch up on my post reading

Comment

Just be mindful is all. Movies/Music are 2 very bad areas for this kind of thing.

I just wanted everyone to read and understand. Not bashing anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by LOTR4U View Post

Please be mindful not to request pirated material on the forum, apart from being against forum rules.
              If your curious, i made a thread requesting a copy of a tv series dvd if anyone had them.

It's not really in the rules link about this sort of thing.....well i couldn't really see it there. Or should i just assume that this applies?

3. You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, slanderous, libelous, hateful, threatening and or any other material that may violate any Australian federal or state laws.

The only reason i ask is because we copy artworks and roms and such on the forum. And the threads on DS roms. Just wanted to be clear on whats ok and whats not? And dare i say it...things like artwork stencils for pinnes...(run for cover)

Comment

Originally posted by stu View Post
                If your curious, i made a thread requesting a copy of a tv series dvd if anyone had them.

It's not really in the rules link about this sort of thing.....well i couldn't really see it there. Or should i just assume that this applies?

3. You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, slanderous, libelous, hateful, threatening and or any other material that may violate any Australian federal or state laws.

The only reason i ask is because we copy artworks and roms and such on the forum. And the threads on DS roms. Just wanted to be clear on whats ok and whats not? And dare i say it...things like artwork stencils for pinnes...(run for cover)
                We don't see every thread, there should not be any DS rom swapping going on if there is. Mainly because it is still sold and Nintendo again actively check websites.

Arcade roms / Art doesn't attract the same attention as music and movies.

Thats all.

Comment

Originally posted by AskJacob View Post
                  No, but he is the host provider, standard requirements with a court order.

Keep it fun, save the other stuff for notes out of class
                  Yer I should have clarified that I am hosting the site. But still its not worth the risk and tv, movies and music in particular are high visibility targets in Australia.

Comment

I should mention that you would know there is a large difference between hosting pirated material and people asking/sending pirated material.

Still, not worth the risk.

Comment

The DS sharing thread got nipped in the butt ages ago, its not active.

Comment

cwispy I would hope in the event something did happen you wouldn't pass on our data even if ordered to.

If you would I think I will have to reconsider my future here.

Comment

Originally posted by Hewitson View Post
                          cwispy I would hope in the event something did happen you wouldn't pass on our data even if ordered to.

I think you're putting him in an awkward spot. This isn't anything about mates its serious law... you dont (cant) refuse that kind of information if it came to that.
                          My Projects
                          sigpic

Comment

tough call

if he is ordered to or face xxxx amount in charges or what ever happens gotta do what he is told i guess
                            you can always expect change in life..except from vending machines

Comment

Originally posted by Hewitson View Post

I would have no choice. We are talking the Australian Federal Police, not some shmuck from a lawyer firm working for the RIAA, MPAA etc. I would not risk my entire business, nor would I risk imprisonment of myself for directly contravening a court order. How do you think you would react in the same situation? Its a very uncommon thing to happen, but it does happen from time to time. All we have to do is be careful about what goes on in public.

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X