Father's Day present

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Father's Day present

My son gave me a surprise present this father's day.
    He said he bought it at a garage sale as the guy was moving into a retirement home, it was cheap and all I had to do was fix it up.

Turns out he bought me a 500kg lift trolley. It's something that I would never have bought as I only have 7 pins, but it was a great thought and will come in handy. I had to put on 4 new wheels as the ones on it were rotted and the tread was falling off. I gave it a clean up and it's like new, don't think it was used that much.

2019-08-30 09.04.34.jpg

Luckily the handle was designed in such a way that all I had to do was grind off a retaining bar on both side, replace with removable bolts, and now the handle can be lowered at the front.

2019-09-07 14.49.23.jpg

I have also made up some rubber covered supports, as the width is not quite wide enough to support the edge of the cabinet.

2019-09-07 14.48.47.jpg

So in the end, very happy with this year's present.

Thanks mate, i've got one similar and although people have recommended that i make a slanted topper for it so it picks up the machine evenly i haven't bothered with that.
    However i've never given it a thought that the machines weight is resting on the bottom piece of ply and putting all that stress through the cabinet joints.

It's something i'll give some thought to.
    In; Deadpool, The Hobbit, Whirlwind, Genie, Lost World, Hurricane, Pinball Magic, Royal Flush,
    Tommy, Spy Hunter, Orbit 1, Sorcerer, Tales from The Crypt, Houdini, Flash, Street Fighter 2.
    Looking for;
    Space Invaders, Ripleys Believe It or Not.

Comment

Originally posted by punkin View Post
      However i've never given it a thought that the machines weight is resting on the bottom piece of ply and putting all that stress through the cabinet joints.
      It's something i'll give some thought to.
      My thoughts exactly. As I mainly have EM's I think that the weight of the pin would be too much stress for the ply on the base.

Comment

picked up every kind of game imaginable with these and a kick trolley and never once damaged a base. only game that ever made me cringe was a 60s em where the layers of the floor had delaminated

Comment

Originally posted by wiredoug View Post
          picked up every kind of game imaginable with these and a kick trolley and never once damaged a base. only game that ever made me cringe was a 60s em where the layers of the floor had delaminated
          Yep, but good practice is good practice. If i can do it better i should.
          In; Deadpool, The Hobbit, Whirlwind, Genie, Lost World, Hurricane, Pinball Magic, Royal Flush,
          Tommy, Spy Hunter, Orbit 1, Sorcerer, Tales from The Crypt, Houdini, Flash, Street Fighter 2.
          Looking for;
          Space Invaders, Ripleys Believe It or Not.

Comment

I have always picked up pins with cross support timbers under, on my same lift platform
            PIMP YOUR PINS

Comment

I have used this style trolley for so many more uses than just moving pins..... almost the equivalent of a swiss army knife for lifting and moving shite.
              Wanted: Harlem Globetrotters Pinball

Comment

Originally posted by Beast View Post
                I have used this style trolley for so many more uses than just moving pins..... almost the equivalent of a swiss army knife for lifting and moving shite.
                Funny you say that. Mine just spent 6 months as a fish tank stand whilst I come up with a stand with wheels & "safe waste tray". I had 2 instances a while back where 1/3 of the tank was pumped out due to crap chinese fittings & my 1st attempt at rectifying the prob failed. ( Not fun running around in undies 2am, mid winter, twice, trying to move stuff below from getting wet as my garage is under.}
                I had to get my finger out the other day & get the new stand operational coz I wanted to move some pins around.
                PIMP YOUR PINS

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                Working...
                X