Deleting old media/photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deleting old media/photos

I have reached my media upload limit and want to delete some of my old photos. However I can't see any easy way to do this. If I view the media from my profile, I can navigate to the thread with the photo, but how do I delete it? Do I need to go into each thread and manually delete each image?

http://www.afpinball.com
    "Pinball... harmless recreation for a modest consideration"

why not just upgrade your account
    looking to buy gottlieb electro mechanical pinball machines from any era

Comment

Good idea Tony - done.

But I would still like to delete some of the old attachments I no longer need if possible.

http://www.afpinball.com
      "Pinball... harmless recreation for a modest consideration"

Comment

Yer, I have a similar problem. I use an offsite photo hosting site to allow me to post many pictures on this and other forums but when I post them here, it counts as if I am using this sites photo hosting and am now up to my limit. My question is why?. I am merely attaching a link as far as I know not storing the photos on this site. Sure, I can upgrade my account but I will quickly use that up next time I update my farm post. I can restrict the number of photos but is that what the forum really wants?. Personally I think photos make a forum post but I don't have to pay the forum's hosting bills either.

Comment

Originally posted by ocyen View Post
          Good idea Tony - done.

But I would still like to delete some of the old attachments I no longer need if possible.
          Originally posted by Autosteve View Post
          Yer, I have a similar problem. I use an offsite photo hosting site to allow me to post many pictures on this and other forums but when I post them here, it counts as if I am using this sites photo hosting and am now up to my limit. My question is why?. I am merely attaching a link as far as I know not storing the photos on this site. Sure, I can upgrade my account but I will quickly use that up next time I update my farm post. I can restrict the number of photos but is that what the forum really wants?. Personally I think photos make a forum post but I don't have to pay the forum's hosting bills either.
          Steve have a read of THIS post which I just updated. The reason is you're not unticking the box "Retrieve remote files and reference locally" when linking a picture so the forum is retrieving the pic and storing it as an attachment. This works exactly the same as the old site as well as using [IMG] tags around your remotely hosted pics link. (I knew there was a reason I uploaded that smiley)

To answer the other questions.
          AA's Attachment space is up around 15 odd gigs. You should be able to manage your attachments through the media tab in your User Profile however the old attachments don't seem to be deletable in there as of yet. My theory is the attachments need to be rebuilt and this is a long and server intensive process and before that happens a backup needs to be made of the attachment folder in case something goes wrong and this also means more downtime for AA. I just don't want to do that right now as we've had enough disruptions to the site.
          I don't think you guys realise the amount of free time I put into AA especially during the upgrade process. I'm currently tackling one issue at a time and this isn't one that's high in the list.
          I've made the attachments unlimited for all upgraded accounts so I don't have to worry about this and as a incentive for people to donate to AA.
          Steve you say you don't want to pay for AA's hosting well either do I. This isn't Facebook mate, we don't have unlimited resources and have overheads. As long as AA's members are generous enough to donate to the site to help pay for the bills I'm happy to keep giving my time for free to keep it running but once the funds dry up AA will be shut down. Having said it's up to the individual if they want to donate, it's not mandatory.

ocyen The only way I know currently to delete old attachments is to go to your old post edit it and delete them that way.

Hope that clears things up
          Cheers
          Last edited by Arcade King; 12th March 2020, 06:13 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
          Working...
          X