Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Upcoming Change of IP Address for AA

• Administrators

Hi All,

As I have no received my own allocation of IP Address space and own ASN from APNIC, I will be changing the IP addresses of AA in the next couple of weeks. If you happen to be using an entry in your Hosts file for some reason, you may want to remove that entry now to prevent issues once the IP's change. There will be a cross over period where the server will be accessible via the old and the new IP's, but after a few days, the old IP's will be removed from DNS and the site will only be accessible on the new IP's.

The current IP's for AA are

IPv4: 203.161.123.161

IPv6: 2404:b000:202:1::161

These will change to

IPv4: 103.51.69.161

IPv6: 2402:1180:0:2::161

cwispy

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators
Final changes have been made just now. The site is now only available on the new IP addresses. So if you hear of anyone having trouble connecting, its likely to be a dns or host file issue.

• Administrators
I'm surprised its still working for the .com.au domain.

If anybody knows Ryans AKA LOTR4U new number let me know.

It will continue to keep working, it may just be a little slow with two of the name servers listed no longer being available.

If anyone is in contact with Ryan, let him know that I would be more than happy to buy the aussiearcade.com domain name from him.

• Administrators
Finally back in. Kept getting a it works message and a blank screen.

You would have got that error while I was making the final changes to the IP addresses and configuration of the webserver.

I can't access the site from any of the IPs above and when I try .com it redirects to .com.au but still times out. Tried both Firefox and Chrome and typed the IP address into each.

• Administrators

I had a similiar issue here at work despite being on the same ISP as at home which works fine.

With my work machine I had to flush my DNS cache and then it worked. Unless your ISP is slack on DNS updates this should work for you Rat.

Drop to a command prompt (I'm assuming windows)

Type in ipconfig /flushdns and press enter.

Cheers,

Brad

Thanks Brad, but I'm suddenly back in and I didn't need to flush DNS, I was aware of that but couldn't remember how to do it, was about to google it. I'm unsure how Internode are with DNS updates, but they would want to be good as I pay a premium for their service.

.com is still redirecting to .com.au for me but it's all working and at good speed.

Interesting as I logged on just before midnight last night for the 1st time in 4 days as I had been in NZ for Pincade and logged on a few times today and the only drop out I had was when I was trying to upload pics of Pincade about 4pm today.(had to start again)

Has been very hit and miss for me, do nothing and try again in a bit and its fine.

did it this morning so used /flushdns that worked. just tried again a few minutes ago with no luck , flush didn't help.

Checked isitdownrightnow and that said it was up, so restarted firefox and i'm in.