Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Password Reset Can't log in.

Collapse

Important information for new (and old) users about the forum.

If you have a question EG: Why can't I do XXXX please read the threads in this section before posting.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Password Reset Can't log in.

I've had several people contact me today saying they can log in on Tapatalk but can't on the forum or they can't log in because the forum is asking them to reset their password.
    Firstly Tapatalk use their own password system that can be linked to your AA account just like Facebook, Google and Twitter so you need to treat them separately.
    Secondly you only need to reset your password not change it due to stronger encryption used now. Having said that passwords now require at least one uppercase letter and a number so you may need to modify your password.
    For this reason it's important to keep your email up to date, most people who have contacted me email was old and no longer used.
    If you're having trouble resetting your password click HERE to reset and if you're really stuck contact me directly at arcade-king@aussiearcade.com

IMPORTANT The reset password email can take 5-15 minutes to be sent through so please be patient. If you keep requesting password resets it will invalidate the code in the previous email and you'll be stuck in a cycle wondering why the reset link didn't work.
    If you don't get the email contact me at arcade-king@aussiearcade.com
    Cheers!
    Last edited by Arcade King; 19 March 2020, 06:11 AM.

No prob Trav. had to the same thing this arvo and personally I think its a good idea. Maybe annually-ish on a random date for e.g.
    http://www.aussiearcade.com.au/forum.../138-RAIL-WAYS

Comment

Yep my failure was being impatient whilst waiting for reset link lol and doing another before first come through making them invalid. Do the reset link wait for it to come into your email inbox for up to 15 mins, follow link and it will work

Thanks Trav for getting me back on mate , nice chatting on the phone

Comment

Yeah same happened to me I reset my password.
        Then about 4 hours later got an email saying someone / something tried logging in unsuccessfully and has been blocked.
        (the ip is the same subnet as I'm on) so probably my phone or another computer is logged in, but good to see this level of security...

Comment

Originally posted by Railways View Post
          No prob Trav. had to the same thing this arvo and personally I think its a good idea. Maybe annually-ish on a random date for e.g.
          Like I said mate it was supposed to be normal to reset/change the password once a year on the old site but obviously something went wrong at some point probably due to one of the 40 odd mods installed.
          The majority of emails I got yesterday were from people who hadn't updated their email in some time so it was a win. Caught me off guard though I was messing around in the background when I got the same message and though shit wtf did I do wrong!

Originally posted by Genie View Post
          Yep my failure was being impatient whilst waiting for reset link lol and doing another before first come through making them invalid. Do the reset link wait for it to come into your email inbox for up to 15 mins, follow link and it will work

Thanks Trav for getting me back on mate , nice chatting on the phone
          Don't worry mate I did the same thing 3 times in a panic. Great talking to you Troy and thanks for your and everybody else's patients during this massive update over the last few months.

Comment

Same here, OK now. It took quite a while for the reset email to arrive.

Comment

Originally posted by JimA View Post
              Same here, OK now. It took quite a while for the reset email to arrive.
              Good to see you sorted it mate I was about to reply to your email.

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
              Working...
              X