Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linking Videos on AA

Collapse

Important information for new (and old) users about the forum.

If you have a question EG: Why can't I do XXXX please read the threads in this section before posting.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linking Videos on AA

Thanks to [MENTION=15686]bigredbird[/MENTION] we've tracked down the cause of a long term issue of Youtube some videos not showing up on IOS devices.
    This is due to the automatic parser mod installed which allowed you to just post a youtube link. This mod puts [url] tags around the link instead of [video].
    I've now disabled the plugin so you must use the "Insert Video" icon in your editor to post a video from here on out. This is how the new forum software works also so we may as well all get used to it (including me).

If you see a broken video in one of your old posts thtas now a link simply edit it and change the [url] BBcode to [video] at either end of youtube link, the right hand side is supposed to have a [/ video] backslash.

Cheers.
    Last edited by Arcade King; 6 December 2019, 09:50 AM.

Originally posted by Arcade King View Post
    the right hand side is supposed to have a [/ video] backslash.

Cheers.
    But no space, so [/VIDEO]
    - The universe is made up of protons, electrons, neutrons and morons.

- I'm not superstitious... just a little stitious

Comment

Lol i had to put the space there because it thought my text was a video link. [emoji28]

Comment

I've always used the "Insert Video" link so never realised there was a problem. Nice work [MENTION=15686]bigredbird[/MENTION]
        My Projects - Space Invaders Bartop, Williams A-Go-Go, Galaxian Bartop, Jukebox Kiosk 1&2, Jukebox Kiosk 3, Virtual Minipin, Generic Upright, MultiCab, Rampage,

Comment

I posted a vid the old way last night, pasted the url directly into the post

Took me no time flat to edit and insert video this arvo

Cant see it being an issue
          "Beer, it does a belly good!"

Wanted: Pacman Cab Next Project: Skinny MAME Cab for Samfoot, thread soon, no really. I might even do one on my Pole Position cab!

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
          Working...
          X